test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Targetting Torps

vaylottevaylotte Member Posts: 67 Arc User
Hello,
Just wondering what the best way is to target torpedoes ?
Up until now I haven't needed to blow up torpedoes but i'm about to do a mission that requires it !
Does tab work ?
Thanks in advance (i'm a super noob btw)

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    the tzenkethi torpedos show up as tabbable targets when fired on planets.
    So tab away :).
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    vaylotte wrote: »
    Hello,
    Just wondering what the best way is to target torpedoes ?
    Up until now I haven't needed to blow up torpedoes but i'm about to do a mission that requires it !
    Does tab work ?
    Thanks in advance (i'm a super noob btw)

Tab works. Or furious double-clicking on it works too.

Alternatively, you can also use Beam: Fire At Will that will randomly target many targets around you - including the targetable torpedoes.
  • vaylottevaylotte Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    OK thankyou !
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    For targetable Torps endeavor, I use the Patrol mission 'Trouble over Terrh.'

The Elachi that try to stop you from closing the portal fire a lot of Torps, and they are indeed Tab Targetable. I usually just let them spawn, I wait about 3 seconds for them to fire their torps and then I hit Fire At Will or Scatter Volley and it always works.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    This is one of the most annoying endeavors. The best ones are unquestionably the Tzenkethi torpedoes, which are fairly easy to find while the Red Alert event is going. Outside of it you'd want to run Scylla and Charybdis.

Of course if you don't mind it being more of a pain to do, running through the undine BZ will eventually get you those torpedoes if you have some regular AOE like scatter volley or fire at will, or you can also run the mission Surface Tension for lots of of Undine.

Borg cubes also fire destructible torpedoes, so you could run Hive space as necessary.

Finally, I believe the Electromagnetic Pulse Probe also counts as a torpedo which you find a lot of those to shoot down in Iconian content with their cruisers.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    FaW IMHO is the best way to target torps for the endeavor and in general since while they are tab targetable IIRC you typically have enough clutter that system thinks is higher priority that doing so is not optimal (they might hit before you get to them), FaW III typically takes them out with 1 shot for me and there's the bonus of hitting the enemies at same time.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I immediately queue for Crystalline Catastrophe, and Advanced usually fills up faster than Normal. Ignore the Entity entirely, just target the Small and Large Crystalline Fragments, they count as Torpedoes, and they do massive Kinetic damage to you if they hit you. Most people just fight the entity, so there's little competition for the Fragments, and they don't have as high of a defense rating as most other Torpedoes and Missiles, so having high Accuracy isn't as big of a problem. Using Sci/Temporal anomalies like Gravity Well will also help you take them down worry-free.

Technically the Salvagable Fragments after the Entity dies will also count if you need to do 18, but if too many people drop Sci/Temporal anomalies at the very end the Salvagables may not spawn correctly, so don't count on that.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    one of the romulan patrols (Archer?) you go against Tal Shiar. usually you can get the endeavour by the third wave. if not, exit the system then go back in to get the rest. you can rinse/repeat till you get them. as mentioned, FAW, and if you can fit them, the point defense consoles, and or pets set to intercept.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    This -
    I immediately queue for Crystalline Catastrophe, and Advanced usually fills up faster than Normal. Ignore the Entity entirely, just target the Small and Large Crystalline Fragments, they count as Torpedoes...

I can typically take care of the purple endeavor in one CC run, infrequently it'll take two. Considering the TFO only takes about three minutes to run I can't imagine a faster way to knock off that endeavor as well as picking up some quick dilithium and marks.

• ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I should also mention you can use tractor beams to target/kill the torps - quite handy if your weapons are still cycling on another target.