test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is not gonna happen

murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
As world's #1 PVP hater I laughed a lot when I saw this.

UmynK5M.jpg
IInLzhi.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Take a guess at how long it took me to stare at that screenshot until I noticed the little red arrow...

I was about to post a question asking you to explain yourself...

Then I thought, “ah, that’s what he’s talking about.”

:wink:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    It is good for a laugh OP... harvest materials space gives out more xp and is super quick.
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Take a guess at how long it took me to stare at that screenshot until I noticed the little red arrow...

I was about to post a question asking you to explain yourself...

Then I thought, “ah, that’s what he’s talking about.”

:wink:
    CM
    I don't want to guess as I did the same thing lol
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This stupid endeavor should be removed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Honestly, I prefer doing that endeavor with friends or fleet mates so I know, I won't end up against some "PvPer" who goes out of their way to fight only opponents that have no chance beating said player ( please note I am not saying all who enjoy PvP are like that indeed I would say those nasty ones are ruining the rep of good players who enjoy PvP.)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    I'm not into PvP at all, and don't care what endeavor it is, just won't do it regardless.

Still I'm fine with it being there, to encourage those who'd like to give it a try.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    This stupid endeavor should be removed.

No it shouldn't.

The endeavours were, among other things, supposed to entice players to do stuff they wouldn't do otherwise.

The system already gives ridiculously high rewards for very little work. If they're going to remove everything that's slightly annoying to some players, they might as well just start giving daily progress upon logging in.

It's basically the same with the random TFO rotation. Some players want everything they don't like (such as Borg ground TFO's or ground missions in general) removed from it. Thus ignoring the fact that they're limiting the options available to other players. It's not going to make the game more interesting for anyone if they keep doing that.

If players don't like PvP, just don't do the Endeavour. I'm doing the same. Can we please stop asking for everything we don't like to be removed?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Yeah i have tried PVP a few times over the last 10 years and i never really was able to got into it, so i don't ever go near it until i am forced to by the endev system, but i then just run into the other team and get killed as quick as possible so it can be over quicker, but that is not just with STO PVP, i also don't play any PVP games at all, as i much prefer coop online in its many forms.
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Most interesting responses, better than I expected. I agree with fleetcaptain5, you should never remove any part of what makes a game what it is, but some check boxes would better adapt the game to each one play style like :
    -I hate pvp
    -I hate ground tfos
    -I'm scared of the borg...
    And so on. Thi would improve every one's experience and would start creating communities based on people's likes and dislikes.
    This is a trend. Games adapting to players, not the other way around anymore
    IInLzhi.gif
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    PVP has sadly degraded to the point where it is usually a blowout... so its a really easy endeavor to do. I don't see the issue.

There's plenty of reasons to hate PVP in this game, but it seems irrational to hate it to the point where you won't even queue for an easy handout reward.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Most interesting responses, better than I expected. I agree with fleetcaptain5, you should never remove any part of what makes a game what it is, but some check boxes would better adapt the game to each one play style like :
    -I hate pvp
    -I hate ground tfos
    -I'm scared of the borg...
    And so on. Thi would improve every one's experience and would start creating communities based on people's likes and dislikes.
    This is a trend. Games adapting to players, not the other way around anymore

I agree, if there were check boxes I would turn off Space missions, TFOs and PvP, but when it comes to PvP I refuse to challenge anyone who can easily kick my TRIBBLE, I also refuse to challenge anyone weaker then me, if only PvP was balanced.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Let me preface my post with this: I generally like pvp in this game, however...

PVP is so unbalanced right now and there is no hope or chance that they are going to do anything about it. So even though I enjoy pvp, I have no desire to participate in a public pvp queue.
    Can we please stop asking for everything we don't like to be removed?

I didn’t, I gave my opinion. I didn’t ask them to do anything and I have as much right to my opinion as you do.
    Can we please stop asking for everything we don't like to be removed?

I didn’t, I gave my opinion. I didn’t ask them to do anything and I have as much right to my opinion as you do.

It certainly seemed that you were arguing for its removal from the Endeavour rotation.

And I never said you don't have that right.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    I feel like I have more then proven I am not the type to come to the forums frequently and request things to be removed.

I am not going to start a petition or anything, but yes.. I do believe that having a Universal Endeavor that features something that 98% of the player base actively avoids is rather poor design.

In the end, I end up doing the exact same thing most people do and just ignore it. The universal endeavors are hardly important and it’s truly not a big deal, but I still think it’s silly to have this as an Endeavor.
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I play this game since 2016, not really a forum resident as you can see by the quantity of posts I have. Back then in 2016, I stopped playing sto because I needed things that would require other players, such as crystalline tfo. The cool down added to the lack of players to quickly fill event rooster got me bored, also we used to have that big red alert button on bottom right corner for borgs and sometimes when you hitted that button, there was no one to finish the tfo with you. So either you finished it alone or leave the map. Today we have much more content, and for me the random tfo is news. Most of the time I am lucky and only space tfo, but I hate when ground tfos pops up (take a peek on the screen shot on first post and check wich mission I'm procrastinating). So besides story missions I believe game would benefit way more from a more selective content choosen by who actually plays it.
    IInLzhi.gif
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I've never been a big PvPer no matter the mmo & I usually just skip the Universal when this pops up but I can understand Cryptic including it in an attempt to broaden players' experiences with a toe-dip into PvP.

I appreciate more the sometimes players that do this with others seeking PvP just to get the Endeavor completed & not ego-flexing.

For those enthusiatic PvPers though I do think Cryptic should set-up some sort of reward system or some sort of worth their time match or something.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    I've had some good fun doing the ground version of this endeavor. Occasionally queuing up for something you don't usually do the vast majority of the time can add a bit of variety to things.

I find both space and ground TFO's enjoyable so am neutral to unsure regarding the selective content suggestion as I wouldn't want it to decrease the chances of getting one or the other and as with the endeavors believe that trying and doing different things is a plus.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I feel like I have more then proven I am not the type to come to the forums frequently and request things to be removed.

I am not going to start a petition or anything, but yes.. I do believe that having a Universal Endeavor that features something that 98% of the player base actively avoids is rather poor design.

In the end, I end up doing the exact same thing most people do and just ignore it. The universal endeavors are hardly important and it’s truly not a big deal, but I still think it’s silly to have this as an Endeavor.

thats pretty rich considering the last thread I read and this one you want to remove content....
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    edited January 2021

thats pretty rich considering the last thread I read and this one you want to remove content....

Again, read the entire post, not just one line. I suggested no such thing, the idea would have left the same 3 tiers of content that we have now (Normal, Advanced, and Elite) in the game and just had them more appropriately named. Next time try reading the entire idea.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    How about instead of removing it give us a reroll option for that endeavor like the lesser 3. And before you say "Well everyone would just reroll it if it came up" I say those that would reroll, like myself, likely just skip it already so nobody is losing anything.
    alonar wrote: »
    How about instead of removing it give us a reroll option for that endeavor like the lesser 3. And before you say "Well everyone would just reroll it if it came up" I say those that would reroll, like myself, likely just skip it already so nobody is losing anything.

This could be a solution.

Though I feel that the entire system needs an overhaul. It's kind of silly that starting an assignment at the Academy gives out the same rewards as playing an actual mission.

Before rerolling becomes a thing, they'd need to make sure that all endeavours require at least a similar amount of work. After that, it makes sense to allow players to use tokens to skip things they don't like.

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    There are ground PVP TFOs that will fulfill that endeavour. Which might not be your cup of tea but at least they are not generally instakill-respawn-instakill-repeat until it ends....

It really depends who you end up fighting. I got a ground queue for the last PVP endeavor and it was definitely instakill all game long.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    there are so many of those things i just ignore them. some are like PvP.. I refuse to do it it is not fun to me. others are to play TFOs that are full of snarky players. and some I just don't bother with because I don't play long, and I really don't want to waste play time hoping the tholian captain doesn't glitch or wait for 5 dreadnoughts to spawn in the dyson sphere. I do not see them changing it though, even a re-roll will upset their rotation of the endeavors, and they would lose the ability to point at the endeavours and say, Look, they really do like playing TRIBBLE tfo
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.