test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is the The Imperial Rift Space Set good for gravity well build?

whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 415 Arc User
i am on the ps4 and the event to get the The Imperial Rift Space Set is coming up. i was wondering if anyone can tell me if this set is good or great for a gravity well build? i ask because the numbers on the deflector are not very high when it comes to exotic damage
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'd say its better for certain hybrid builds, but there isn't a lot of reason not to get the set and have it available for future use, since if you'd ever want it in the future you'd have to buy it from MUDDs store.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    The set's two piece bonus one gets with the shield and core is currently considered the top choice for exotic builds; all of them utelize gravity wells.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    When I get this set I am planning on going for the Temporal Rep Shield and Singularity core (gives +EPG) for the two piece hazard damage boost with the Imperial Rift deflector and engine. I think that combo will be great for my warp plasma stealth build.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I've played around with the full set on a megawell build. Compared to the Temporal set it seems alright. I admit I'm not a number cruncher though so I don't know any specifics except maybe how it feels to me.
    Individual results may vary.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The cooldown on the 4bit clicky is too long for what it does (assuming the server doesn't put it on cooldown and fail to fire it off) so look at the parts and use them alongside bits from other sets like temporal rep.
  • whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The set's two piece bonus one gets with the shield and core is currently considered the top choice for exotic builds; all of them utelize gravity wells.

This.

I use that combo, alongside the Discovery Rep Deflector and Engine.
    wouldnt a 2 piece of dyson set be better then the discovery set? the two peace bonus on dyson adds +20.1 control and drain

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    i am on the ps4 and the event to get the The Imperial Rift Space Set is coming up. i was wondering if anyone can tell me if this set is good or great for a gravity well build? i ask because the numbers on the deflector are not very high when it comes to exotic damage

Be sure to get The Imperial Rift Space Set coming up on console as it is amazing ***

The deflector can be re-engineered but certainly there are other choices.

For me the Bajor Defense Set Deflector stands out for largest Cx/epg re-engineered numbers, while the Colony Fleet Intervention Deflector is #1 for extra CrtH/D and tactical stats, and is available in a version with [CtrlX]x2 [EPG].

It was Westmetals and peterconnorfirst that introduced me to the two of these, respectively.

This one is re-engineered for the most Cx/epg possible aside from re-rolling the shield/hull cap to Cx/epg. That extra sh/hull cap does fit in nicely with some builds though. The majority of the Cx/epg in science builds usually comes from your science consoles and skill tree so don't get overly focused on the deflector numbers but the overall numbers. Also bonus exotic damage from consoles and any sources of extra CrtH/D (i.e. particle manipulator) or the Colony deflector.

v1YHv5c.jpg

Using the full Imperial Rift set on an Eternal build I'm working maxes out around 330 Cx and 580 epg with it being possible to balance things either way with different consoles. It would be less if I added a second Bonus Exotic Damage console or DPRM.

400 Cx maximizes the diameter of the well but it's the epg that really adds to the exotic damage of both the well and other complimentary abilities and torpedos.

It seems it's the 2 piece that's important for it's exotic damage CrtD.

v7DKNwv.jpg

For some good resources and ideas on gravity well (epg/torp) builds have a look at Timberwolf's videos on youtube. He does a great job of exploring and explaining his builds.

Also see Science Ships in the current century/ for an in-depth look and recommendations of a science build that's very applicable to other ships as well. I'm currently using their skill tree (and other) recommendations on my Zen store Eternal and I'm really liking the way things are working ^^

Hearing that ripping sound as time and space get ruptured and boss ships enter the washing machine... wow :smile:
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    if nothing else, having the rep set available for a new character is worthwhile.. regardless of build.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

This.

I use that combo, alongside the Discovery Rep Deflector and Engine.
    wouldnt a 2 peace of dyson set be better then the discovery set? the two peace bonus on dyson adds +20.1 control and drain
    westmetals wrote: »
    Going to have to look at this... one of my sci alts is ready to be put into a scitorp build except for the impulse, warp, and shield... I could maybe put in two pieces of this set instead of the 3pc Temporal that I've used on other alts. (I already have the Bajor Deflector set up).

FYI... an epic XV Bajor Deflector can be re-engineered to [CtrlX/EPG] [EPG]x4 which yields:
    +53.1 EPG
    +42.5 Control
    +31.9 Drain

(it also has a side effect that enemies affected by your control powers - i.e. GravWell - get -9.1% to outgoing damage.)
    wow the stats on that look fantastic i will replace my quantum phase deflector with that. i only have the quantum phase set for the 2 piece skill 7.5% all dam res and drain ability's give you shield. and the engine extra stats are nice

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Interesting.
    Interesting.
    It most certainly is and continues to be after more playing around. I'm still amazed at the results when using a 27 point tac ultimate on an exotic or gravity well build (my skill tree version here).

Just as interesting is applying more of the suggestions found at Science Ships In The Current Century, like trying to stack as much exotic CrtD in the build as possible in conjunction with the skill tree.

Just tried another of their suggestions: Fleet Colony Intervention Deflector [CtrlX]x2[EPG][Sh/Hull Cap] + Romulan Rep Engines + Revolutionary Core + Revolutionary Shields

Things disappear even faster (the bad guys). Wow it's almost it is scary :o and am maintaining 400 control x (with bonuses) and over 500 epg on my Eternal.

Back to the original question
    Is the Imperial Rift Space Set good for a gravity well build?
    Yes, it's a great set for a gravity well build and a variety of other science builds in whole or in part.

The combination above seems to be the way to go so far with respect to the Imperial Rift Set but will be checking out some of the other suggested set combinations as well.
    edited January 2021
    Speaking from the perspective of one of my own ship builds (an Eternal) here's what's working well for me together and are elements of a few things I'm experimenting with, including the Imperial Rift set.

A skill tree that is still full science but also has full tactical stats that get multiplied at the damage end. The re-distribution of skills by leaving out weapons-based portions (EPS, Long Range Targeting Sensors) and other areas that had sources or room for movement I wasn't allowing for seemed to enable this.

I went to a 27 point tactical ultimate full exotic skill tree kicking and screaming if the truth must be told as I tend to be stubborn but am also afraid of being squishy. That's why I moved a point each into hull and shield repair. It's really not squishy at all.

The 2 piece Imperial rift core and shield exotic damage CrtD being buffed by the weapons amplification on the romulan engines as well as the [colocrit] and additional tac stats from both the deflector and the skill tree is a combination that seems to make a noticeable difference.

I've been wanting to try the 3 piece Lorca Ambition set for quite a while on a science ship and finally had a chance to this Xmas. It's stacking CrtD 2 piece bonus via the dual beam bank is working well for me in place of the Chronometric set. It might become a 2 piece. I like the tac console on most any ship.

Using the protonic arsenal 2 pc gravimetric torp and proton weapon gives CrtH and photon projectile damage and is also proving to be a good combination.

I'm still stacking additional exotic damage bonuses from the Delphic Tear and Constriction anchor as many do.

So am doing my best to experiment with and push as many stacking stackables as possible... the skill tree + gear and set bonuses giving CrtH & CrtD + exotic dmg + bonus exotic dmg + exotic dmg CrtD and so far am liking the results.

It's almost as if all these things somehow get multiplied together in a good way. The math is left to the math people.

There are a bunch of things I had the time to experiment with this winter that I found worked well together and increased my enjoyment of not only exotic builds but also beam and cannon builds on my tacs and engineers. The actual process started a long time ago.

There's more feedback to come.

For this thread specifically the 2 piece Imperial Rift core and shield combined with the Fleet Colony Intervention Deflector and Romulan engines is working great for me and seems to be one way the set can be included very effectively in an exotic damage build.
This discussion has been closed.