test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Return to New Romulus Suggestion

starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
Neverwinter has just introduced Neverwinter: Sharandar which is about to release on February 9. Sharandar is the first Adventure Zone introduced in Neverwinter and came out in August 2013 while Season 7 came out in November 2012. Since Neverwinter is getting a revamp of its first Adventure Zone, New Romulus needs some love as well. Especially with all the new Romulan lore introduced with Picard.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I agree I rather have a hub world version of new Romulus instead of the theme park we got, my Romulan will never consider New Romulus as a proper homeworld since it doesn't feel like home, my Romulan prefers Qo'noS over space Disneyland.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    New Romulus could use a quality pass, especially with all the Republic assets that came out after New Romulus.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Totally agree! For me the main issue is that there are still Tal Shiar and Hirogen spawning on NR after all this time. Seems silly that that would still be a problem. I mean, in game it must have been several years since the founding of NR.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    They would need to do something similar to what was done with Defera. With Defera you choose whether to visit the regular world or the Invasion Zone. The current New Romulus has things that new players and characters would have to do tied to the story missions.
    p331 wrote: »
    They would need to do something similar to what was done with Defera. With Defera you choose whether to visit the regular world or the Invasion Zone. The current New Romulus has things that new players and characters would have to do tied to the story missions.

Yeah that could work have both the current exploration version and a ESD/First City/Virinat version, with a market square and houses, Qowat Milat monastery, elevator to the Reman area, a pet shop, ect, ect.
    p331 wrote: »

The entire New Romulus mission arc needs to be reworked and converted into instanced missions instead of open world missions. That way once you complete the instanced missions, you unlock the open world New Romulus social zone.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    One thing they could do for very little time and effort to bring cross faction social and reequipping capability to Mol'Rihan would be to take advantage of the functional Iconian gateway there and simply have a direct access to the Dyson facilites through it (though you would logically have to use the current ship gateway to use the space combat zones).

The devs could even use a variant of that idea if they wanted to make a cheap and easy social zone for Dominon space by saying that the Iconians jumped a sphere there (maybe even one of the small ones like you see in the TFOs) as an attack beachhead that was abandoned there after the war.

Neither of those would be quite as good as custom social/equipping areas but they have the advantage of being resource saving in comparison.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Something I'd really want to see is an expansion of the City that's suppose to be behind that large wall, gives us at least part of it as playable zone (maybe with special assignment there, like Bajor but improved so that it doesn't suck).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    spiritborn wrote: »
    like Bajor but improved so that it doesn't suck).

The main issue with Bajor as a social hub... is that it is literally right next door to DS9, a social hub... with MORE services than Bajor.
    Which one is going to be more popular?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    like Bajor but improved so that it doesn't suck).

The main issue with Bajor as a social hub... is that it is literally right next door to DS9, a social hub... with MORE services than Bajor.

Also the fact that Bajor is a boring lame planet, wish Prime Bajor was replaced with it's way better Mirror Universe cyberpunk version, the churches are a major turn off, TRIBBLE them and their stupid prophets.
    edited January 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The issue with social hubs in general is that they are all(logically) on worlds that have been part of galactic civilization for decades, if not hundreds of years, and have access to near limitless resources, and replicators. There isn't anything to really DO on any of them since they realistically wouldn't have those kinds of issues.

Well you could have something like New Romulus as social zone not because they've been part of the galaxy for ages but rather because a lot of resources are being spent to build that area up so there would be things to do (helping with the construction and securing the site) while it being stable enough to not be at a literal war zone.
    The Romulan origin story should be extended allowing Romulan players to participate in the building of what will become the capitol city of the NRR. This would become a new social zone to the scope of Bajor in terms of being able to walk the city streets and have the command center and the Federation and Klingon embassies represented as buildings within its walls. The main gate would lead to the staging area and environment that exists now.

Mechanics for building the city would ideally be based on those that drive fleet holding construction, but being a member of a fleet would not be a requirement. Anyone with a romulan character can participate in the construction effort. The whole plotline behind the romulan origin story is finding a new home and establishing a new society. Being forced to pick a faction and not even play a role in establishing a home for the romulan people made the experience feel a bit flat. But that is just me.

personally I'd open such system to all at a base line (after all there's nothing to say UFP or the Klingon Empire couldn't be helping the Romulans), but have expanded objectives and possible special doff assignment for Romulan faction captains.

That way you'd avoid the issue that comes with faction locked content (it's rarely worth the cost) while still giving extra to the focus faction.
    edited January 2021
    The Romulan origin story should be extended allowing Romulan players to participate in the building of what will become the capitol city of the NRR. This would become a new social zone to the scope of Bajor in terms of being able to walk the city streets and have the command center and the Federation and Klingon embassies represented as buildings within its walls. The main gate would lead to the staging area and environment that exists now.

Mechanics for building the city would ideally be based on those that drive fleet holding construction, but being a member of a fleet would not be a requirement. Anyone with a romulan character can participate in the construction effort. The whole plotline behind the romulan origin story is finding a new home and establishing a new society. Being forced to pick a faction and not even play a role in establishing a home for the romulan people made the experience feel a bit flat. But that is just me.

personally I'd open such system to all at a base line (after all there's nothing to say UFP or the Klingon Empire couldn't be helping the Romulans), but have expanded objectives and possible special doff assignment for Romulan faction captains.

That way you'd avoid the issue that comes with faction locked content (it's rarely worth the cost) while still giving extra to the focus faction.

I did not mean to suggest that it would be exclusive, though I see how it came off that way as I failed to remove the reference to the city using the NRR faction as a reference. What I meant to suggest is that all players should have access regardless of fleet status, but the NRR characters should be given the opportunity to participate before being given the choice between KDF and UFP, thus extending their pre-merge content with something that ties directly to what the NRR plot was supposed to be all about: Establishing a new home.

The UFP and KDF would be just as invested in helping to build the city as they were in helping research the planet and its wildlife.

And for those in a fleet, it could give an exterior to the Embassy Fleet Holding in a sectioned off, instanced ground map accessible inside the city via a doorway or some such. Once in the fleet embassy map, you can see the progression of your fleet embassy from the T0 to T3 in a way similar to the progression of the Fleet Starbase.
    Well you could have something like New Romulus as social zone not because they've been part of the galaxy for ages but rather because a lot of resources are being spent to build that area up so there would be things to do (helping with the construction and securing the site) while it being stable enough to not be at a literal war zone.
    We already did that in the New Romulus adventure zone as is. We helped the Romulans foster their alliances with the Federation and Klingon Empire so they could get more resources, and we helped secure the site by dealing with the Tal Shiar and Tholian problems in the area.

The point is that, at least the way I see it, the NR "adventure zone" doesn't make any sense after playing through the story arc. The issues were solved, the enemies defeated. We have moved on, and so should NR.

I loved getting to explore NR and take in the scenery of my new homeworld, but it needs a facelift, and it needs to be turned into a social zone.
This discussion has been closed.