test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A kick feature for TFO's

Comments

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Not happening, forget about it as this will cause more issues within the community. Also Cryptic relies on TFO's - the 30min leaver or afk penalty is punishment enough.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    What exactly is preventing you from engaging other people whom you see are not AFK when you are able to be online? You may wind up making friends who are available at various times.
    As I suggested, you can chat with other people who are not AFK regardless of what day or time you play. You may wind up finding many like minded people whom you can team with on days when your schedule is different.
    When you enter a random TFO, what stops you for typing "hello everyone!" in the team chat? Once you finished the TFO, you cannot say "thanks everyone" and ask if anyone is interested in teaming up together for more? Sorry, but none of that seems terribly difficult or time consuming to do.
    Unless you are the only player online at any given time, you can put forth minimal effort toward building a friends list. After a while, you will have a rather lengthy list of people on at various times of the day whom you can join up with.
    I have been playing this game since before it launched. People come and go. Maintaining an active friend roster really does not require an inordinate amount of time.
    The terms "may" "seems" "minimal" "only player online at any given time" and "not inordinate" are all great for friends list theory crafting. It can be tough to debate a theory as the originator can't be mistaken. It's all hypothetical.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    The terms "may" "seems" "minimal" "only player online at any given time" and "not inordinate" are all great for friends list theory crafting. It can be tough to debate a theory as the originator can't be mistaken. It's all hypothetical.

There is nothing hypothetical about it. Put forth a minimal effort to engage your fellow players who are not AFK. If all the people here complaining in this very thread were to team up, you would never see another AFK player again. The overwhelming majority of players are not AFK during TFOs, which gives you more than ample opportunity to build a list of people whom you can team with.
    In theory everything you say could work, or not.

But if it was just that easy, why were random TFO's were introduced in the first place? Wasn't it was something related to teaming?
    There are, however, plenty of other people online when you are, regardless of time of day so you have a large pool of prospective teammates to choose from. That is fact.
    Not to get off topic but it's not a fact. Numbers for the game aren't released. It's just your opinion. You reminded me of this the last time we discussed numbers.
  • johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I personally support the idea of a Kick system. The impact on "Honest" players would be minimal. Ya itll happen. But the impact on the "Dishonest" player would be much higher. Another words im saying this issue would impact more players out to exploit things than an any number of innocent situations where the kick was applied. I know for a fact there are situations like players running bots, that simply set up to keep queuing the player into TFOS while they are out enjoying life. Bangin the old lady, or w/e. We had removed a said player from our fleet after numerous complaints in regards to him queuing up into TFOS and just mia out to lunch or w/e. People will exploit any thing they can to keep the Dill farm going. SO i def support anything that will have a negative impact on things that would kill botting/afking...
This discussion has been closed.