test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auxiliary Control

midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
Okay just started a new Tac toon. On my main Tac toon I have a secondary firing control on the big tray #1. Why don't I have it on any other toons? Am I missing something? Sadly I have grown dependent on the button being there. I have seen others with the same Auxiliary Control secondary firing control on the same big tray. Is there a bug I am unaware of?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I have no idea what you mean by secondary firing control or auxiliary control. In context I really can't figure out what that means or what you're describing. And by extension you're implying a primary firing control which I don't know what that would mean. Can you post a screenshot and circle whatever you're talking about?
  • midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    On the weapons tray you have the primary firing control (Beams, Torpedoes, Fire All Weapons). On the powers tray called Big Tray #1 on the left hand side there's a duplicate set of the weapons firing control (Beams, Torpedoes, Fire All Weapons).

It's been this way forever on my main Tac toon. However that's not the case with any of my other toons. Not even with my new Tac toon. At first I considered it might be there only for tactical toons as a weird power. Now I'm wondering if this secondary firing control is something I have to earn.
    Okay, have you tried opening the powers menu/window? P by default I think. That should be where you can find those, although I've never found a use for them. Using a keybind to fire everything usually works better for most people.

The tray populates itself weirdly so you should get used to the powers menu/window to fix this and many other issues.
    That has no bearing on the tray itself. I need to know if you can make the tray show the weapons firing control like it does on my main toon. FYI Cryptic would not answer my question. They referred me to this forum.
  • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Can you post a screenshot? One of your tac's tray and one from another toon so we can see the difference?
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Is this what is being referred to?

Big personal tray #1 (main tray) with firing controls (outlined in red) -

ULwd4sj.jpg

Main tray without firing controls -

I4k2QYL.jpg
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

ULwd4sj.jpg

I4k2QYL.jpg

You might try different themes. If that doesn't work, take note that those same icons are on the Weapons HUD element too, on the colored bar at the top left of it, just horizontal instead of vertical.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Might you mean Target Auxiliary Subsystems?
    Subsystem_Targeting is a set of 4 space abilities that can be either found at Rank I as a set of all 4 built-in on all Science Vessels, Science Dreadnoughts, and on some Carriers, or at Ranks I-III individually as Tactical Space Bridge officer abilities.

If I'm correct, the choices of Subsystem appear with the weapons specific UI element only when you use a Science starship. If the Subsystem Targeting is attached to an actual Tactical Bridge Officer? If that officer is slotted for each of your starships, you can drag the particular Subsystem Targeting skill to your personal tray. But it won't be attached to the Weapons UI element.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    I think the term "auxiliary control" is just a thread title description of choice the OP used for lack of a better term for the extra firing controls on the main tray.

Top photo (above) is of an original (LoR) KDF romulan tac toon in an Eternal science ship that has the extra firing controls on the main tray. Bottom photo is a KDF Jem'hadar Vanguard recruit tac in the Jem Warship without the extra controls.

Fwiw, I have a new (created in 2020) fed rom sci in the same science ship as the LoR rom tac but the extra controls are missing, yet a couple of newer 2018 fed roms do have it (both eng and tac).

It might be hiding in a theme as tom61sto suggested. Am pretty sure this question has come up before.
    protoneous wrote: »

ULwd4sj.jpg

I4k2QYL.jpg

My guess is you are correct. I can't say I've ever noticed that before, nor do I understand the value of it.

Hopefully this can help the OP get the question answered, though.
  • zaccar#5080 zaccar Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    check the 2 icons on the right outside your Tray

you can also save the ui in options on your main toon and load it on the other.
    > @protoneous said:
    > Is this what is being referred to?
    >
    > Big personal tray #1 (main tray) with firing controls (outlined in red) -
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Main tray without firing controls -

Yes that's it. How can I get that on all my toons.
    midwayace wrote: »
    Yes that's it. How can I get that on all my toons.
    It's a bit of a mystery why these firing controls are on the big personal space tray for some characters but not others. Two suggestions from this thread -
    tom61sto wrote: »
    You might try different themes.
    ESC > Options > Basic
    you can also save the ui in options on your main toon and load it on the other.
    Since your other tactical toon already has these controls the second suggestion should work.

Sometimes a google search can pick up an answer as can editing your thread title to something more focused.

There are players that have kept track of most changes over the past decade, sometimes it's just a matter of getting their attention or seeing if your question has been asked before.
    I copied all of the settings under options page by page and put them into the new toon with zero results. There are no options that I can see listed to change the tray. One thing I did notice was the toon who has the weapons in the tray has no "New" button in the Big Personal Tray #1 when I click to rearrange the HUD. All the other toons have the "New" button which when clicked brings up a vertical Big Personal Tray #2. My main toon doesn't.
    Solution: on my main toon I went under the tab HUD scrolled all the way down to the bottom. I clicked on save UI (Twice) and then changed toons. On my new toon I went to the HUD tab scrolled to the bottom and clicked Load UI. The tray popped up with the Secondary Weapons Control button.

Note: Physically copying will NOT work. Apparently there is something in the coding that can only be fixed by using the above solution.

Thank you to all that offered suggestions your help was and is appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.