test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pioneer and Malachowski Cruisers

rogerroger#1796 rogerroger Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I loved these ships the moment I laid my eyes on them and would love to have T-6 versions added. I suggest making them options for the Advanced Light Cruiser.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rogerroger#1796 rogerroger Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    They have never retroactively enabled a lower-tier ship skin for a higher-tier ship. If they make a T6 version of either of those ships, it would be as a new release.

It doesn't really matter to me how they do it, I just want to play T-6 versions of those ships.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I could see a T6 light utility cruiser, allowing those visuals and the California-class (Cerritos from Lower Decks).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I could see a T6 light utility cruiser, allowing those visuals and the California-class (Cerritos from Lower Decks).​​

Best start saving now for the Promobox Light Utility Cruiser.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rogerroger#1796 rogerroger Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    They have never retroactively enabled a lower-tier ship skin for a higher-tier ship. If they make a T6 version of either of those ships, it would be as a new release.

It doesn't really matter to me how they do it, I just want to play T-6 versions of those ships.

The second sentence of your original post specifically suggested adding them as cosmetic options on a ship that is already available... that was what I was responding to. They won't do it that way.

I guess so, I would have thought making them cosmetics would be easier especially for just two ships.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The Pioneer and Malachowski meshes are probably not even vaguely compatible with each other, though it is possible that the latter one might be compatible with some DSC T6 like the Walker legendary one. Meshes can do some really annoying things if they were not made specifically compatible, usually it is less of a problem just recreating things like that instead of fighting with it.

Also, I don't know for sure how it goes with the toolchain that STO uses, but I suspect that rigging the models is enough of a time consuming pain in the posterior that even if the meshes were compatible it would not be worth the time and effort to make them skins for an already existing T6 with no extra income associated with it.

I would like to see a T6 version of the Pioneer and any other TOS style ship they are willing to do, but if they ever did them as skins for a T6 they would cost extra just like the Ranger and other TOS style ships do now (they are T5 ships that cost the full T5 c-store price (except for the fleet ones which cost the usual fleet prices) even if you just get them for their T6 companion ship to wear instead of using them as T5s).
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    If the Miranda-class can make the leap from starter ship only to a costume variant for an endgame starship? So can the Pioneer and the Malachowski classes. And they should.

It's funny, really. I never played through the Discovery tutorial until this past week. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I found that I also liked the Malachowski-class. The combat that I experience with it was smooth. Which, I suppose, is more a mechanics observation. But the look of the Malachowski felt right for what I was doing. I can understand why a player would enjoy leveling up with it.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The Malachowski could also fit a Parliament layout, combining a DSC and LD ship at T6.

I must change my earlier statement: T6 light utility cruiser: Pioneer and California, T6 utility cruiser Malachowski and Parliament.

@artan42 Yeah, or probably this: Lockbox ships with no customization whatsoever xD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Guys... you also have to consider kitbash capability before just tacking on parts. The Pioneer mesh is in no way compatible with the Miranda.

It might be possible to add in the Malachowski, but its totally dependant on if they are compatible.

The parts have to have been made with the intent for kitbashing. That's why we can mix and match with most ships. They were designed from the get go to be able to do that. To do that with the Pioneer and Malachowski, they may have to totally rebuild the model from the ground up, along with whatever ship they decide to connect her to.

Adding options through a new ship is generally easier... if they planned for her to be compatible with older parts from the very beginning. That's why things like the Andromeda meshed well with the Galaxy. They had PLANNED for it right from the start. I don't know if they did for the Pioneer and Malachowski at all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.