test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats your best science ship/build?

whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 415 Arc User
i will go first mine is the Brigid Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer with the 3 piece set for the cool down of the( Omni-Directional Tachyon Wave Siphon) and 5double drainX consoles and 3 other consoles that give drain or crit severity i switch now and again because i have the 50% crit chance skill unlocked. i also have the 3 piece Quantum Phase set . with 4 dominion polaron beams and the gamma set. i love it. the ship shuts things down kills quick and that omni and the quantum phase shield that drains shield to add to your own makes it a great tank has well. would love to know my fellow captains builds
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I've got a lot of nice Sci builds, but my favorite is probably my plasma blaster stealth build. For this build, I use the temporal rep shield and singularity core on a warbird that has lt. cmdr. or commander pilot with lt. cmdr. or commander eng. Weapons don't really matter, but I like to load it up with plasma torps front and back. The tactic is to cloak, fly up to a group of enemies, uncloak and immediately hit them with a cloud of both warp plasma (eng) and coolant (pilot) at the same time. As I fly away to recloak, I unleash a solvo of plasma torps, uncluding hyper plasma and particle emission.

When using a T'varo variant, I do not need to mess around with cloak and decloak and recloak.

To enhance the plasma damage, I stack up on Plasma Generating Weapon Singnature Nullifiers.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I've got a generally balanced, but heavy on the ControlX Science Spearhead Crossfield.
    But the most powerful is probably the Megawell Legendary Crossfield.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    My best is on the T6 Vesta, but mine won't do nearly the damage that others will... Super fun to fly, though...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Ho'kun Science Vessel. Spore Infused Anomalies, Improved Gravity Well. Fleet sci modules plus various universal consoles that add control/epg

Basically I just use gravity well III and then spam sci/intel powers. I can get up to 4 anomalies (GW, Very Cold in Space, Subspace Vortex, Ionic Turbulence) and 7 powers to trigger spore anomalies.
  • sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    I'm currently having fun with a Na'kuhl Daemosh plasma torp boat build I made that also has a lot of control powers so I can spam console actives via the Unconventional Systems trait.
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    My best performing science vessel is probably my TX Intrepid-class Lgendary Miracle Worker Multi-Mission Science Vessel.
    Simply because it has one more console…

However it is not what I currently use most of the time.
    That would be my TX Titan-Class Science Destroyer. I like the looks of it better and enjoy the better handling.

Either way I run a pretty normal EPG & Control/Drain build on it using torpedoes as weapons with the main science ability of course being Gravity Well.
    As traits I run Improved Gravity Well, Temporal Anchor, Spore Infused Anomalies, Electrified Anomalies, Checkmate and All Hands on Deck.
    Got 600 EPG, 230 Control and 160 Drain on the Titan.

Pull it in one place blast it with torpedoes and activate some science abilities for the light show.

Melts about everything.
    I also like to fly the Valkis on occasion with my EPG as high as I can get it, and then vaporize unsuspecting enemies with the gravitic lance right after decloaking.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Most fun is my Nebula CQ-towboat. Inverted repulsors, photonic shockwave and warp plasma (and clicky consoles that mimmick those, like the sarcophagus console, mycelial canister, etc) stocked up on partG and a bit control. Weapons are really secondary and just to complete sets.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    https://www.sto-league.com/science-ships-in-the-current-century/

Atm I’m working towards the pure sci setup with 0 tac abilities left. I‘m 90% done.

On another complete build on another char I go with min tac abilities.

Both works great. Thank you Hellspawny!

Half a million DPS in an ISE run without any particular help is easy to get and does not require any sort of player skill.

I suppose sloppygimpoo would turn in his grave. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    https://www.sto-league.com/science-ships-in-the-current-century/

Atm I’m working towards the pure sci setup with 0 tac abilities left. I‘m 90% done.

On another complete build on another char I go with min tac abilities.

Both works great. Thank you Hellspawny!

Half a million DPS in an ISE run without any particular help is easy to get and does not require any sort of player skill.

I suppose sloppygimpoo would turn in his grave. :D

I appreciate tactical team too much to drop all tac abilities.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > I appreciate tactical team too much to drop all tac abilities.

That was my thinking as well for like 8 years, same counts for hazard emitters.

To my surprise the builds work splendid without either.

Temporal spec tree, DPRM and the temporal backstep from the Verne do their parts.

It’s also more of a hit and run approach on sci ships that make tac team a whole lot less needed than is for example on my park and shoot cannon builds.

Perhaps am also a bit spoiled by fellow DPSer/Tanks/supporter I mostly end up with in teams. So please take my input with a grain of salt. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Most fun is my Nebula CQ-towboat. Inverted repulsors, photonic shockwave and warp plasma (and clicky consoles that mimmick those, like the sarcophagus console, mycelial canister, etc) stocked up on partG and a bit control. Weapons are really secondary and just to complete sets.

My eng captain has a very similar build using the Undine cruiser.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Don't have a favorite but some that stand out recently:

Harpia Dyson Warbird T5-UX with a setup I crafted myself through repeated testing so it can do conventional weapon damage but remain in Sci mode for its secondary deflector to do decent exotic damage. I raise aux with EP2Aux1 followed by energy siphon and singularity overcharging which allows it to do its primary sci damage while keeping its plasma weapons at max. Also got the ship in full Dyson protonic-polaron setup on a rom-tac but haven't flown that one in a while.

Mirror Crossfield: I'll port a similar build to it as that's probably the very best transformer ship at the moment.

Surhuelh Sci warbird: been using the T5 Vesta consoles on it plus Valdore console, KCB+assimilated module, quite fun and capable, aux-plasma dhc with PEP & gravimetric torp rear.

Annorax with torps to allow for proper shield tanking allowing it to be the sci-cruiser dread.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.