test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 weeks was all you could give us?

zerosinderzerosinder Member Posts: 34 Arc User
So you stop playing because of all the issues. then come back to find everything has changed and we have no free tokens to collect as we gave you the time to repair the game before returning. I think more time should have been given and any returning player from before should be given the same things as the people who stayed with the game while in an unplayable state. These players should be given these items if they decided to return to the game and continue to support it's Very LONG constantly changing universe. Kinda a little upsetting when you have been here since closed beta. I get I'm going to get flamed for this but it's just how I personally feel. If you don't like my opinion that is totally fine. Maybe you feel differently and 2 weeks was more then enough time. That's your right.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    zerosinderzerosinder Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I mean obviously the Devs thought 2 weeks was more then enough time.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Does this post come with a decoder ring?

I mean seriously, what in the blue hell are you talking about?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I think the complaint is that the free x token and respec tokes were only claimable for 2 weeks.

You’re obviously a better translator then I am, I salute you sir.

You said in one sentence what the OP couldn’t clearly convey in an entire paragraph. :lol:
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Two weeks of having time to claim was very gracious & enough time to do so.

If someone procrastinated in claiming then forgot to do so or something that is on them.

The items being in-game with, I think, a countdown-timer was a sufficient indicator & reminder.

Heck, I even tried to bump the 2 threads covering the 2-weeks for claiming the respec tokens & the other free X-upgrade back to the top just as a reminder.

It's shame if anyone missed-out but in this case I don't fault Cryptic.
  • Options
    If you weren’t even playing, you were not effected by the Skills Invalid bug. The patch that was applied on December 16th fixed the issue, even fixed it retroactively for players that never re-speced to begin with. You weren’t playing, so were not effected.

Two weeks was more then fair, you are owed nothing.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    If you weren’t even playing, you were not effected by the Skills Invalid bug. The patch that was applied on December 16th fixed the issue, even fixed it retroactively for players that never re-speced to begin with. You weren’t playing, so were not effected.

Agreed
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I respectfully disagree. The news post was quite clear on when it would end. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11482023-a-thank-you-upgrade

Starting this Friday, December 18th, at 10am PT (19:00 CET), and running until January 3rd at 10am PT (19:00 CET), you'll be able to claim four free Captain Retrain Tokens, and one free Experimental Starship Upgrade, in the Promotions Tab of the Zen Store.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

I have to agree with this here.
    It is not Cryptic's fault you weren't around for it.

From what I've been able to figure out... its a roundabout entitlement complaint.
    Have a nice day.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options

If someone procrastinated in claiming then forgot to do so or something that is on them.

The items being in-game with, I think, a countdown-timer was a sufficient indicator & reminder.

Heck, I even tried to bump the 2 threads covering the 2-weeks for claiming the respec tokens & the other free X-upgrade back to the top just as a reminder.

There was no countdown timer. It was just 'there' in the promotions tab. Which is fine. The problem is that it wasn't clear that it was going to be *REMOVED* from the tab if you didn't claim it during that time frame. Logging in while it was active should have been enough to 'claim' it, to be turned into items at the *player's* leisure. But whatever.

Yet the original poster even mentions the acknowledgment of the "2 weeks" so it was known. The information was released on how to claim the items/services & received by the player then not acted on. That's not Cryptic's fault. The procrastination is on the player in this case for not following SIMPLE instructions. Your whole "should have been enough" is trying to redirect blame & doesn't have past precedent. It hasn't been done with claming free ships, uniforms, event items, all take more than just merely logging-in. But whatever.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Ah, I completely forgot to claim it. But I knew about it, I just wasn't sure on which character and then I forgot. Bummer.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I have to agree with this here.
    It is not Cryptic's fault you weren't around for it.

From what I've been able to figure out... its a roundabout entitlement complaint.
    Have a nice day.

I kinda disagree.. Players left the game because the bugs became intolerable.

And if they are an veteran player, they know that Cryptic and Star Trek Online takes their sweet time to repair bugs and issues, if at all..

So no, two weeks are insufficient.

The promotion should be lifetime, claimable once per the accounts effected.

At this point they should be happy players are returning at all. Besides the intense lag and rubber banding, the constant game breaking glitches, bugs, features.. And the massive lack of communication regardings events or anything else. Yeah, very hard to side with Cryptic on this one.

If it wasn't for the Star Trek IP, and if this game was a generic sci-fi space MMO it would have crashed and burned ages ago with a business model and quality control like it currently has.
  • Options
    foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Maybe in future Cryptic should just offer these type of freebies to only those who logged into the game during the specific period were the issues was affecting players, and those not affected won't be any the wiser.
  • Options
    Maybe in future Cryptic should just offer these type of freebies to only those who logged into the game during the specific period were the issues was affecting players, and those not affected won't be any the wiser.

That won't work, because word will get out anyways, and then the complaints about favoritism or some other thing will happen.

Honestly how it was handled was fair for all. If was available for a time. You miss that window... SOL.
    As it is, STO is quite generous with the giveaways and event rewards, even bringing in ways of earning past event rewards if you missed said event. Most MMOs would say "Well you should have played the event. You missed out forever."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    If Cryptic made it so that you automatically got the item for just logging in then the forums would be on fire with complaints of "I logged on and got the thing on the wrong character! Why can't Cryptic make it a clicky link in the game!" There is no winning way with the entire player base.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I think the complaint is that the free x token and respec tokes were only claimable for 2 weeks.

There was no countdown timer. It was just 'there' in the promotions tab. Which is fine. The problem is that it wasn't clear that it was going to be *REMOVED* from the tab if you didn't claim it during that time frame. Logging in while it was active should have been enough to 'claim' it, to be turned into items at the *player's* leisure. But whatever.

A while back I did not know where the timer was on things like this, either. It is right on the item page in the store under the image. I saw it this time on both items and did not claim until near the last day so I could use it to keep reminding my procrastinating friends how much time they had left.

As for having it claimed automatically when you log in, tech might be a limitation there. Most all of the limited time claims I have seen in the game have been done similar to this one. Were any done automatically? Would be nice, I'm just not sure it is possible without new work being done for the store.
  • Options
    Do tell, which ones? Because as far as *I* can tell, you 'earn' them paying shelling out large amounts of Zen on Mudd's market. Phoenix prizes would count...if they were exactly the same, which they aren't, since nothing from prize packs are account-wide like the original ones.

I think the fact that they are available AT ALL is a strong indication. And I also feel like no matter what I say, my words are going to be twisted around.
    There are multiple definitions of the word earn. But ultimately it means that you can get them. HOW was not central to what I was trying to say. The fact that they ARE available is.

As I was trying to say before... most MMOs treat event rewards as exclusive items. You miss the event, you're SOL. STO is not like that. After a period of time, they make the item available again.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Do tell, which ones? Because as far as *I* can tell, you 'earn' them paying shelling out large amounts of Zen on Mudd's market. Phoenix prizes would count...if they were exactly the same, which they aren't, since nothing from prize packs are account-wide like the original ones.

I think the fact that they are available AT ALL is a strong indication. And I also feel like no matter what I say, my words are going to be twisted around.
    There are multiple definitions of the word earn. But ultimately it means that you can get them. HOW was not central to what I was trying to say. The fact that they ARE available is.

As I was trying to say before... most MMOs treat event rewards as exclusive items. You miss the event, you're SOL. STO is not like that. After a period of time, they make the item available again.

Okay, fair enough. They are 'available.' Earn? No. You pretty much *have* to pay to get them after the event has ended. That's not earning.

If can be bought out with Zen anyone that did miss can theoretically save up dilithium for a long length of time, convert it to Zen, then buy it for whatever absurd price Cryptic places on it. Therefore can it be earned? Yes. For those pesky Lobi buy outs same process but having to buy keys to open boxes or buy Promos to earn enough Lobi. I'm not saying I like Cryptic's prices but the method is available to earn since not tied to the Lifetime Subscription.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

Pretty much this...I mean I've missed giveaways before as well and yeah it kinda sucks, but you're not entitled to it if you weren't on to claim it. Particularly in this case since it was basically a (We're sorry) for the spec bug that you missed entirely.
    Tza0PEl.png
This discussion has been closed.