test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does an Admiralty week help Captains who are already at Tier 10?

sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited January 2021 in The Academy
All of my Captains have already completed tier 10 of the Admiralties. Does the Admiralty week have any impact on how frequently the 'Tour of Duty' assignments come up? The wiki is not helpful on this topic.

Comments

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I believe the tour of duty assignments give out ~2500 dil during an admiralty event.

I'm not sure why that isn't the news article, though, so maybe that is only for the weekend admiralty events. Regardless, keep an eye on that when turning in the tour of duty assignments and it should be obvious.
  • Options
    sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It will literally do nothing for you.

That's not true. The rewards for "Tour of Duty" assignments #1 through #9 are increased.

I'll take this as an indication that I should pay attention, and play. :)
    Thank you for your feedback.
  • Options
    I can confirm that what I said earlier is true, ToD give out 2500 dil on completion during the event, in addition to whatever else.
  • Options

That's not true. The rewards for "Tour of Duty" assignments #1 through #9 are increased.

You mean the skill points? If that is actually doing anything for you by the time you maxxed out all admiralty, you are doing something very wrong.
    I can confirm that what I said earlier is true, ToD give out 2500 dil on completion during the event, in addition to whatever else.

Than my account is bugged because I get no such thing.

I have tons of characters that still need skill points. Admiralty is extremely easy to max out by contrast. I think peoples playstyles differ.

As for the dilithium, I don't know what to tell you. I am 100% positive of this, so maybe you're just not noticing it?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If you received 2500 Dilithium on completion of a Tour of Duty it’s because you gained enough XP to level while having all your skill trees full. If you’re maxed out and ‘gain a level’ the skill point is converted to Dilithium.

The Tour of Duty by itself does not grant any dilithium on completion.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    dkdrachedkdrache Member Posts: 32 Arc User

You mean the skill points? If that is actually doing anything for you by the time you maxxed out all admiralty, you are doing something very wrong.

Than my account is bugged because I get no such thing.

I have tons of characters that still need skill points. Admiralty is extremely easy to max out by contrast. I think peoples playstyles differ.

As for the dilithium, I don't know what to tell you. I am 100% positive of this, so maybe you're just not noticing it?

On my just admiralty alts that I abandoned, I am like only half way through getting rank 10 on most of them with my fed at like rank 3 and I still have over a MILLION skill points extra.

As for the rewards...yeah I collected 2 of the ToD yesterday and I specifically looked for this after reading what you posted...and nope...no dil. So WTF.

I've tested his premise across 12 characters and I do indeed get 2500 dil per completion of each tour of duty, in addition to any other rewards associated with that tour. It's actually quite a decent amount of dil "IF" you can get all 4 tours up each day, which seems only moderately likely depending on your total playtime and available ships. Just to make sure I wasn't seeing things, unlikely across 12 characters, I had the wife try this out and indeed she also receives 2500 dil per completed tour.

Seems a decent incentive even at max admiralty rank during this "event".