test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loadout's work very well, yet realize this KEY element--often forget.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
What often confuses many about loadouts, is they save one to a name and fully populate their active starship.

What they often do incorrectly, is while at ESD or a Port is while at Manage Starships, is then they click an inactive ship and begin to drag items off their active ship onto their other. This will populate a loadout for the alternative ship, yet later realize the loadout on the first ship is lost.

SOLUTION: Never drag items out of an Ship loadout, instead go to the new ship and click the item or blank space to change.
╙ then it will present a drop down of all items on other ships, or in your bank/inventory to choose from.

This way will preserve the integrity of loadouts, as the linked item integrity is maintained! So when you ready you ship, or switch ships in sector or system space, your all ready to go!
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Thanks to self gift giving this x-mas, 4 of my characters have a min of 2 ships to earn traits on. Not once have I done anything but drag equipment from one ship to the next, transport to orbit, set power bars and traits and save load. Only once so far (4-5 changes on 2 characters so far) have I had a load out problem. It was my main the only one carrying stacked consumables.

So far my main is the only one who has had issues, without even trying to add consumables, she has found them slotting into new ships. Not every time my main has switched though. My loadouts load without traits is the problem I get occasionally, everything else works fine.

I think people need to do more testing with the consumables. I'm sure your method works for you, but it does nothing for me because I don't have the problem you are trying to correct. Today I will do some more ships, this time I will drag all the items, but use the click method to slot consumables, see what happens and try a few other combos.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    If you try to drag the same item out of one loadout, move to inventory or unequip it to place in another, it will forget being in the original loadout, as you are essentially removing it.

If you switch ships, yet you either click on an empty slot (weapon, console, ship gear) or populated one; this will identify all items in Bank, Inventory, or Loaded on other ships to choose from. Doing it this way, will not loose links to other ship loadouts, regardless how many times you place the same item.
    0zxlclk.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I think there is merit to this tip, I always build my ships the way the OP says and I don’t have any of the reported issues that people have with load outs. Mine work just fine, when I swap to a new ship it’s fully equipped, traits are slotted and all is well.

I do my ships the way the OP suggests, I go to the ship selector, pick the ship and then populate each slot by clicking on it and selecting the equipment from the drop down box. I never drag stuff from one ship to another.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    That seems like bad design in all honesty. Taking a console out of a ship shouldn't remove it from the loadout, it should keep the ghost of the console there until its replaced by something else or until the ghost is removed. Trying to sift through the list that comes up is a serious pain when you have years and years of equipment in storage, and the alternative of manually moving stuff is much faster.

Good info, though, for those that want to use the system.
This discussion has been closed.