test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wishes for the new year

murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
Vaccine yes, but that's not what you guys came to see.

As a returning player I remembered the 2 things I dislike most on STO (hate is a very strong word to be used on the game I love)
1-spend 1 slot on my inventory carrying "space party nullifier", because I'm a rock & roll guy, not a dancing squishy squid.
2-Ground TFOs.

I remember back in 2016 I was bored, doing same space TFOs over and over to grind marks to get at least some basic combat gear, and never cared to ground TFOs, also I recall avoiding the borg due they used to drain my shields when I was new with rainbow set, now I also miss space red allert from borgs. Anyway, back to the present, for me this new feature (inexistent back in 2016), is the random TFO that awards me extra marks of choice made me find new TFOs I enjoyed do discover, but unfortunatelly since is random, it also puts me on ground TFOs.

I really dislike ground TFOs, I still have same gear that I begun with, and sincerelly I won't spend any resource to update them or upgrade them, so I'm not ready to any of them.

So for 2021 I wish

-Random TFO with option to select Space Only or Ground Only or Both (to suit all needs).
-A special tab to carry itens of daily usage such as com traders, "party nullifiers", tokens, keys, etc...
-A button on the replicator that salvage instead only recycle.
-The return of "Borg Red Allert (Space)".
-A straight map (without loading) between alpha and beta quadrant and a new daily "Tour Of The Galaxy" involving both maps.
-A map on the klingon side that instead of space party amplifier, a space rock metalfire. Imagine Commander Worf on stage like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wL8GjSeo3M

I wish you all, a great new year, May your hull never buckle

(Don't dance on my bridge Mr. Crusher)
IInLzhi.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The nullifier works from your bank.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

It's still a waste of slot :(
    IInLzhi.gif
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    If you didn't know this, open your upgrade window, and there is a new side tab called Salvage, a button in that window allows you to salvage all unprotected items from your inventory simultaneously. :)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    All I'm hoping for in 2021 is Someone at Cryptic to teach Burgess in Binary Stars TFO to speak English. He needs reminding it's Program NOT Progrum and Moment and not Morement LOL
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    make space & ground power toggles reliable and fast to activate
    option to remove all screen strobing/flashing effects

not that I expect these to happen, but one can dream
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    If you didn't know this, open your upgrade window, and there is a new side tab called Salvage, a button in that window allows you to salvage all unprotected items from your inventory simultaneously. :)

Didn't knew, as mentioned, returning player away since 2016

As for game overhaul, recently other MMO changed it's base engine to 64 bits wich sort of made game more reliable. For questing, since the year I played, there are a lot of typing errors, this and other coding problems sometimes make the game very glitch, for example. I had when I returned 5 characters and decided to create another one, and since I played most of the stories 5 times, I like to rush things a bit. Once when I reached that alternated reality on a borg vessel that we need to destroy some borg devices over Romulus, I rushed so bad that I destroyed one of the devices before was a mission objective, as result I needed to start over again. So as @eazzie mentioned, programmers need to learn not only english but also loopholes to fix players misbehaviors.

With good programing and safety check, code can be shrunk and by that alone increase performance and perhaps one big map with all quadrants and no loading screens. By playing now I feel I returned to my old PS1 (Loading ...)
    -Random TFO with option to select Space Only or Ground Only or Both (to suit all needs).
    Cryptic has explicitly stated they will not do this as it defeats the point of the RTFO system.
    One can hope, people with good sense might even make dancing Elachi disappear :D
    IInLzhi.gif
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    How about having ones ship stop at the borders of sector space instead of flying sideways along it.

Second this!!

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind it if they copied and pasted the game onto a new game engine that allows for more than 2 full factions, the Romulans and Dominion need to be their own thing instead of being half factions, but I know that they won't do that because it's a lot of work.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Same thing as every year for the past six+ years: For the Nova class to get some attention.

I think the only chance we have of ever seeing Thomas touch the Nova is to force him at gun point to do the work. I have TF - MP36- Megatron you could use. Orange barrel cap optional.

https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    1 - To have a Tzenkethi/Iconian/Tholian/Undine Captain and crew. Don't care if they cannot use all animations, would gladly play them.

2 - To have a character slot increase to 70. Yes I am one of those players that likes to have a different ship for a captain and have learned to balance out my captains roster so that it is not overwhelming.

3 - Would love to have a pet tab.

4 - To have a maco type shield for klingons so that they could have that glossy effect. The reman one for me is not a good look for klingon ships but they seem to be the only alternative for now.

5- An overhaul of neglected planets like Andoria with missions and new look.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
    1 - To have a Tzenkethi/Iconian/Tholian/Undine Captain and crew. Don't care if they cannot use all animations, would gladly play them.

2 - To have a character slot increase to 70. Yes I am one of those players that likes to have a different ship for a captain and have learned to balance out my captains roster so that it is not overwhelming.

3 - Would love to have a pet tab.

4 - To have a maco type shield for klingons so that they could have that glossy effect. The reman one for me is not a good look for klingon ships but they seem to be the only alternative for now.

5- An overhaul of neglected planets like Andoria with missions and new look.

I second this, maybe make the Xindi, Vortas, Changelings & Synths playable, out of the Xindi sub-races you can only make primates in the alien gen.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Same thing as every year for the past six+ years: For the Nova class to get some attention.

I think the only chance we have of ever seeing Thomas touch the Nova is to force him at gun point to do the work. I have TF - MP36- Megatron you could use. Orange barrel cap optional.

Well, all joking aside, it seems that the primary reason the Nova gets ignored is metrics, which apparently tell them that players want other stuff. As have said elsewhere, I guess if a Nova class appears in Lower Decks or Picard it might stand a chance of finally getting some attention, but this seems unlikely and it'll therefore just remain on the 'eventually' list.

But how do they know their metrics are correct when we don't have the option to purchase a T6 Nova? Hiding behind that excuse is just lazy on their part.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User

Well, all joking aside, it seems that the primary reason the Nova gets ignored is metrics, which apparently tell them that players want other stuff. As have said elsewhere, I guess if a Nova class appears in Lower Decks or Picard it might stand a chance of finally getting some attention, but this seems unlikely and it'll therefore just remain on the 'eventually' list.

But how do they know their metrics are correct when we don't have the option to purchase a T6 Nova? Hiding behind that excuse is just lazy on their part.

they use that excuse for a lot of things lol
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    Fewer time gates.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Besides that, more playable species with unique passive traits (passives that are noticable, not just some stat boost).

Something that's probably less reasonable to expect: more options to further customise our ships (think of things like being able to use the deflector of one Vesta variant but have the rest of the hull from another variant).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Oh, and something I just realised after logging on:

An option to change weapon visuals.

It's kind of annoying when you have to choose between having one beam of a different colour or missing a set bonus.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Account or Character bank?
    edited January 2021
    Female Gorn, Personally IDK how lizards with TRIBBLE became such a popular thing.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind it if they copied and pasted the game onto a new game engine that allows for more than 2 full factions, the Romulans and Dominion need to be their own thing instead of being half factions, but I know that they won't do that because it's a lot of work.

It's not the game engine that disallows for more than 2 factions, but rather the coding of the game that is what prevents it.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Metrics can only tell you what you already know how to measure. A lot of people who are not well educated in data collection, assembly, parsing, and analysis seem to think that 'metrics' is an infallible data pantheon. It is not. It is easily misleading, counter-intuitive, and even false. "Garbage in, garbage out" didn't become a saying for no reason. My first instinct? The people producing these 'metrics' have no idea what they're doing. They just *THINK* they do. Like a lot of pencil pushers and spreadsheet monkeys these days.

Statistics 101 was a required class when I was in university, and I enjoyed it very much. I had a great teacher, who went out of his way to explain to us how statistics are used to deliberately deceive. Sadly, most of my classmates paid no attention. And this was 1980, when we had no smartphones. I can imagine what it's like today.

Personally, I despise the Nova as an ugly POS, but I'd love to have a T6 Horizon-class Research Vessel
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    -Remove Elite Marks from the Inventory. (They're an untradeable currency and belong in the currency tab.)
    -A Cosmetic Pet storage tab.
    -A Vanity Shield storage tab.
    -Remove Consumables from drop tables. (sick of the clutter, I don't even loot on ground maps anymore because of it.)

-(Unpopular/Controversial)A cleanup of the Duty Officer system. It's old, cumbersome, and largely neglected.
This discussion has been closed.