test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My ideas on how to improve some of the older TFOs

2»

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Azure Nebula Rescue is one that particuarly annoys me. Its almost impossible to get all three optionals. As already noted above, the captured ships respawn too slowly and its rare that the 5-point (Falcion Dreadnoughts) pop. Again, the speed in which they respawn helps nothing, but when they do finally pop its almost always a 1 or 2 point ship and you can't rescue enough of them to obtain the ten points required to complete the optional.

That annoys me as well. I've done this TFO where only 1 point ships spawn throughout the entire mission.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'm tired of Storming the Spire in general. I mean, I USED to really enjoy it, but its badly broken (as already discussed).

The Random queue system dumped me into an instance which had already started. It became clear why - there were only two players left in the instance. We were joined by two more players, one of whom quit as soon as they realised where they were and another who flew into the fray, exploded, and then decided to quit instead of respawning.

I'll confess, whilst I initally decided to adopt a 'lets see what happens' approach, the 'Voth ships on Steriods' made it beyond tedious. Torpedoes can't catch them, Gravity Wells don't work on them, they fly out of range and can't be caught easily and the laughably fragile allied transports were getting no-where near the troop drop points. The 'Voth' troop number sat comfortably at 250 and climbing whereas the allies were stuck at 75; also painfully obvious that the only ship that would be remotely targetable would be the Dreadnought, and then its a boring game of chase the random (super-speed) shuttles when they bother to spawn.
    I threw in the towel and quit too. Something I hate doing - but honestly, between how broken the instance was and the fact that were only three players in the team, it seemed like a better idea to swap character and play something else.

So this is broken on PC too... Here I thought it was just broken on Console. At this point, I AFK this TFO. It's time gated, so all I have to do is fly close to a landing bay, deploy my pets, and walk away. This is not a tactic I normally use in TFOs, but I refuse to put any effort into content as broken as Storming the Spire.
This discussion has been closed.