test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Save 35% on Legendary Items!

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11482283

PC Captains - the celebration of the new year is almost upon us, and what better way to end the trilithium-resin-poisoned-year that was 2020, than by getting your hands on some Legendary Ships? From December 28th at 10am PT (19:00 CET) - January 1st at 8am PT (17:00 CET), you can save 35% on all of the Legendary Bundles we've ever released, including the 10 Ship Legendary Bundle! That's right, the anniversary bundle is back for a limited time, Captains. Here's the bundles you can purchase:

10 Ship Legendary Starship Bundle
Legendary Romulan Captain's Bundle
Legendary Discovery Captain's Bundle
Legendary Mirror Bundle

Get your hands on ships that come with every look, trait and console that had ever been released for them, up to the point of their initial sale. And take a Discovery or Romulan Captain up to Level 65 instantly!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Did Grind the legendary bundle together already.
    Legenday Romulan and Dsicovery are not my cup of Romulan Ale due to their content/price.
    Mirror Bundle is not for me since i already have everything but the ship and the doggy.

For others this may be a good opportunity for a purchase.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Been waiting for this 10-pack to hit 35% off again. Didn't have enough Zen when it was released. Has something all my Fed toons will use so its a decent deal for me. Plus, its really the only thing in the last few years I actually cared to buy. So will probably be satisfied ship-wise for a long time. Lately I just wait for my stipend to fill up before I buy anything, along with the occasional Dil Exchange when prices aren't crazy.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Congrats to everyone that’s been waiting for this.. that’s a pretty significant savings.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Congrats to everyone that’s been waiting for this.. that’s a pretty significant savings.

Totally agree with the -35%.

I have the semi-normal Legendary 10-ship bundle on the family account & at this price even though it is pricey I think it is a overall good value.

I've always been considering the Rom Legend ship but think it is still too pricey, but worth re-looking at.

If the MU Legend Dread was multi-faction accessibile then I'd buy it, but as it stands not interested.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Well yea its. The moment you realize its "worth" youll notice that nothing out of the pack has any relevance on how well you do in game.

I mean we all "play for fun" and all but I doubt that there ever has beeen a pack underlining more than it all than this one does. :)

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    I was hoping for a 50% sale on legendary packs, or atleast the singular packs. I'd never pay for 35% off on them, its an abominable deal.

35% off is fine on the Big 10 ship pack, but not the single ones.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    westx211 wrote: »
    I was hoping for a 50% sale on legendary packs, or atleast the singular packs. I'd never pay for 35% off on them, its an abominable deal.

I sometimes wonder if Cryptic gets too focused on a certain price-point like between $70-$80 & then they build around that no matter what.

Yeah I remember at initial release that Romulan bundle was a 50% off sale, not sure about the others.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Hard pass. Not my cup of eat by a long shot. Might consider if 75% off but not even 50% too darn high. 35% is not really worth mention it IMO.

However, congrats to those who buy this and support Cryptic.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Well yea its. The moment you realize its "worth" youll notice that nothing out of the pack has any relevance on how well you do in game.

I mean we all "play for fun" and all but I doubt that there ever has beeen a pack underlining more than it all than this one does. :)

Agreed, I have never had any interest in this pack. It's clearly not for players like me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2020

Excluding the silly Mudd's Market 'discounts', I don't think I've ever seen 50% off of ships. 20%-25% is their standard sale and 35% seems to be the introductory price. I agree the 10-pack isn't bad. ($19.50 for $30 ships) The other packs are not a good value. All those little extra add-ons just aren't worth what Cryptic thinks they are.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »

Excluding the silly Mudd's Market 'discounts', I don't think I've ever seen 50% off of ships. 20%-25% is their standard sale and 35% seems to be the introductory price. I agree the 10-pack isn't bad. ($19.50 for $30 ships) The other packs are not a good value. All those little extra add-ons just aren't worth what Cryptic thinks they are.

The legendary ships have all been 50% off at launch, including the 10 pack. I didn't grab the Legendary disco one though, because at the time it released money was a bit tight for me.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    I am loving this pack, missed it twice already so grabbing it now was perfect timing as i had held off on buying anything at all from the recent sales, and now i am loving the Jeffries TOS ship that was mean't to be in TOS tv show but was then made into TMP movie, so this pack is going to give me tons of play time just like the temporal bundle still does today, another of my fave ship bundles, and of course the icing on the cake is i have had a LTS since the game was a subscription model way back in 2010 so once again that stipend paid for itself. :smiley:
  • vahdovahdo Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    was it really too much effort to change the date for how long it is available? *sigh*

Screenshot-2020-12-29-11-01-55a.png

BTW: this is not! a good deal. around 20k Zen for 10 Ships is just like the normal bundle price for T6 ships - 2000 Zen (3 ship bundles cost 6k, 2 ship bundles cost 4k). However, this bundle costs ~2k Zen per ship while it is on a 35% discount?! lol - no thanks!
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well this is still too pricey for the T'liss and the Disco ship, but oddly is a better discount on the Mirror Gal X than it launched with. If you don't have that one yet, its a really good time to get it. The big legendary pack is about the same cost it launched with and since they keep taking that one out of the store, I hope folks who wanted it have saved up the Zen and can grab it.

Still no KDF legendaries though, and no leaked Excelsior yet either.
  • kelthuzad#7031 kelthuzad Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Finally, I got the "10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Premium Bundle" Yay!
    ^^I know right, i missed it twice over the last year and almost had a convulsion when it appeared on the store yestarday out of nowhere.

My life is now complete. lol
  • I dont want to have 10 ships, because I am interesting for two. So I will never pay so much money for all. My dream and hope is, to get the legendary in single a selling event, I would pay 20-50€ for one ship bit not 200€ and more for something I will never use. ;)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »

The legendary ships have all been 50% off at launch, including the 10 pack. I didn't grab the Legendary disco one though, because at the time it released money was a bit tight for me.

10 pack was 35% at launch, but it came in 2 flavors. basic and deluxe with a bunch of consumables that did not justify an extra $100, imo.

mirror package was 25% off at launch.

only rom and disc was 50% off at launch.
  • imffsimffs Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    And then, come January, will start a constant dribble of Legendary Klingon ships...
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    So instead of being way, way too overpriced to even consider it is simply way too overpriced to consider...
    So instead of being way, way too overpriced to even consider it is simply way too overpriced to consider...

lol well it worked on me but only partially since I re-considered buying it again. Otherwise I think it's a decent sale.

I considered buying the Legend Rom pack but remembering it was initially 50% off lessened my desire to buy it at 35% off.

I like the ship & what it offers, but I don't place as much value in the instant 65 boost & its suite of trinkets as Cryptic, at least not at this price.

What also bothers me a bit is it seems Cryptic is on a trend to pump-out ships asap & imo that deflates their value too. I don't want to buy something that is gonig to be old & out of date next month, but that's just me.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    They really need to get with the times and come up with a system like GW2 has used where they separate the mechanic/tech aspect of ships in comparison to where lockboxes are where they sell cosmetics like ship skins and costumes. So they could pump out different Hero ship skins every lockbox and people would buy them. This being so they would make way more money than they would than trying to push this kind of selling which is over 500 dollars for a pack of ships. The way they keep the value of them is they rotate older ones back into their lockboxes so it resets prices and that is basically how they make their money. It is sad you can't compare between games like this but at the drastic affect it has between games its no doubt that it would be a better move for Cryptic and PWE to take selling thousands of ship costumes over selling maybe like 20 of these packs.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Look the Anniversary Bundle is the same as when it was introduced. The Mirror is a better discount then when it was introduced. The Discovery and Romulan are at a worse discount than when introduced.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Finally! I boght 20,000 zen way back on Black Friday from the epic store (so "only" cost me $150)

Would have been nice if they made it available on Black Friday, so I could have had something to do during the 3 weeks I was home from work/quarantined for Covid. It's a bit depressing that now I have it and have to work. Oh well.
    ^^^It will be there for you when you are next ready. ;)
This discussion has been closed.