test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Bundle Second Chance?

2»

Answers

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    sunsunkun wrote: »
    Sure make sense to you, but NOT to everyone already bought the pack, if they bought again, they will get nothing, what the sense of this? Throw loyal previous customers into trash can?

It makes sense because not everyone has the Federation bundle, those of us who purchased it already obviously won't be buying it again (and to be clear, I DO have it already, as my signature clearly shows) but there are plenty of people who didn't get it yet and would like to now. And as I said, Kael said earlier this year that it WOULD be coming back periodically. I personally suspect that the only reason it isn't permanently available is to boost sales by creating FOMO, and to maximize that it'll probably only be available once a year during the anniversary.
    And if was the Klingon Legendary Bundle, this is a different pack, but like i said, this 10th Anniversary pack, was a special pack due to the huge milestone in the game industry by STO, that the reason of the massive pack, and very unlikely to be new one of this kind in 11th Anniversary.

Kael and the devs have STRONGLY hinted that a Klingon bundle will be coming, infact it's all but confirmed at this point. The last time they were asked about it in the weekly livestream they said something along the lines of "we obviously can't announce anything right now, but hypothetically if we were going to do a Klingon bundle we would probably do it when the Year of Klingon updates are finished." Considering how long in advance decisions like that are made they would only say that if it was actually scheduled internally for around that time, because they already know exactly what's coming for at least the next 6-12 months. And to be extra clear, I expect BOTH the Federation bundle and the new Klingon bundle to be available during the anniversary.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    For the 11th, they add the newest Legendary Hero Ship - La Sirena.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Why? Just because you like it? there are other ships much more "hero" or legendary than that.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    ^^I now have 19200 zen sitting saved up from the last time i missed it, but if it does not appear on Friday i am just going to forget it completly and grab a few cross faction mega bundles......at this point i am done waiting. lol

Nah. Wait until the Christmas timeframe first. Another round of sales tends to happen around that time. But if it doesn't go on sale by then, it's a good bet it won't be coming back. At least not in the mega-bundle form. Maybe in smaller legendary bundles.

I would wait until the 2021 anniversary, I still think that's the most likely time for it to come back.

Dont make sense to release same pack for 11st, since previous owner of 10th pack will not buy it again, or they re-release for the last time the 10th pack in 2020, or its gone forever. And i doubt they will release such massive pack for 11st anniversary.

It makes perfect sense to make it a recurring Anniversary item, and there's a very high probability that a Klingon Legendary Bundle will be coming during the anniversary as well. Back when it first came out Kael said it would be coming back periodically so it's definitely not gone forever.

Sure make sense to you, but NOT to everyone already bought the pack, if they bought again, they will get nothing, what the sense of this? Throw loyal previous customers into trash can? And if was the Klingon Legendary Bundle, this is a different pack, but like i said, this 10th Anniversary pack, was a special pack due to the huge milestone in the game industry by STO, that the reason of the massive pack, and very unlikely to be new one of this kind in 11th Anniversary.

I could be wrong but a potential flaw in your logic & statement is if one has already bought the Fed Legend Bundle they cannot even literally buy it again, the option simply isn't there.
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Why? Just because you like it? there are other ships much more "hero" or legendary than that.

why not? just because you didn't like her?

technically it is a heroic ship, whether you like it or not, it is "under the command" of Picard which makes it "the main ship of the series" is canon so it has all the requirements to have a version.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Maybe the intention is to bring these packs on sale only every anniversary to keep them rare
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    So not only did they not offer this again, they turned the 25% sale off for Cyber Monday.

Genius.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Neverwinter's sale is until December 1st, but they started the sale later, probably so it would cover Cyber Monday.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    > @oliverrogerr#5018 said:
    > why not? just because you didn't like her?
    >
    > technically it is a heroic ship, whether you like it or not, it is "under the command" of Picard which makes it "the main ship of the series" is canon so it has all the requirements to have a version.

Honestly the argument I'd put forth for the La Sirena to not be included that it's tiny, a T'liss dwarfs the La Sirena and those aren't exactly known for their size.
  • sunsunkunsunsunkun Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    ^^I now have 19200 zen sitting saved up from the last time i missed it, but if it does not appear on Friday i am just going to forget it completly and grab a few cross faction mega bundles......at this point i am done waiting. lol

Nah. Wait until the Christmas timeframe first. Another round of sales tends to happen around that time. But if it doesn't go on sale by then, it's a good bet it won't be coming back. At least not in the mega-bundle form. Maybe in smaller legendary bundles.

I would wait until the 2021 anniversary, I still think that's the most likely time for it to come back.

Dont make sense to release same pack for 11st, since previous owner of 10th pack will not buy it again, or they re-release for the last time the 10th pack in 2020, or its gone forever. And i doubt they will release such massive pack for 11st anniversary.

It makes perfect sense to make it a recurring Anniversary item, and there's a very high probability that a Klingon Legendary Bundle will be coming during the anniversary as well. Back when it first came out Kael said it would be coming back periodically so it's definitely not gone forever.

Sure make sense to you, but NOT to everyone already bought the pack, if they bought again, they will get nothing, what the sense of this? Throw loyal previous customers into trash can? And if was the Klingon Legendary Bundle, this is a different pack, but like i said, this 10th Anniversary pack, was a special pack due to the huge milestone in the game industry by STO, that the reason of the massive pack, and very unlikely to be new one of this kind in 11th Anniversary.

I could be wrong but a potential flaw in your logic & statement is if one has already bought the Fed Legend Bundle they cannot even literally buy it again, the option simply isn't there.

I game mechanics you cant have 2 copies of same Zen ships, that dont make sense at all, besides where are the attractiveness of the 11th pack are the same of 10th? This will limit the customers and TRIBBLE off everyone that already have those ships, so they will not buy it.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    they've released the 10th anniversary bundle like 4 times so far. They'll bring it back again no doubt.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • derekg#1482 derekg Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    they've released the 10th anniversary bundle like 4 times so far. They'll bring it back again no doubt.

Only twice on PC. As of today its the 4th time on console.
  • vaderan#4971 vaderan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I really hope they will bring it back on PC this christmas aswell. The console players already have the chance to get it right now...
  • mechman#6073 mechman Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I keep looking on the site hoping they release this bundle on PC.

I'm sure they will again, eventually. Just try to be patient, sometimes Cryptic seems to have weird timing with such things imo.
  • mechman#6073 mechman Member Posts: 15 Arc User

I'm sure they will again, eventually. Just try to be patient, sometimes Cryptic seems to have weird timing with such things imo.

I am doing my best Lol. I was thinking about grabbing some more Zen and maybe grabbing the mirror galaxy dreadnaught pack but I want to make sure I have enough for the Legendary pack when they do make it available again.

• yaminigmayaminigma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I'd be feeling a lot less annoyed had they not had the bundle return on xbox and Playstation, while only giving PC 20% off ships.. and it seems like everything after that has been spread across all platforms. I can only hope they're planning a really nice discount for it on PC or possibly adding something to it they couldn't on consoles at the time
  • derekg#1482 derekg Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    To be honest, even if it doesn't appear over the Christmas holiday period (and its still possible it will) I would strongly assume that it'll reappear in time for the next anniversary event, which is only in approximately just over a month's time.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    To be honest, even if it doesn't appear over the Christmas holiday period (and its still possible it will) I would strongly assume that it'll reappear in time for the next anniversary event, which is only in approximately just over a month's time.

People strongly assumed it would come back for Black Friday. Then we strongly assumed it would be in a Christmas sale. I'm not confident in the odds it will come back before the new year and all of these missed opportunities coupled with the fact it was released on the console but not PC has me thinking there might be a reason we can't have it on PC any more but I'm definitely not strongly assuming anything about the release day anniversary.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    derekg wrote:
    People strongly assumed it would come back for Black Friday. Then we strongly assumed it would be in a Christmas sale.
    While it was certainly a possibility, I personally never thought a holiday return was very likely. The Anniversary event was always FAR more likely given that the pack itself was designed to celebrate ten years of STO, and I expect it to become a recurring anniversary item going forward.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!.......it's back, and i caught it at last. :)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Yeah but it's 35% off... Some lose, some win it seems.

Disc Legendary was 12,000 zen with a 50% off intro price.
    Mirror Legendary was 6,000 zen with a 25% off intro price.
    Rom Legendary was 12,000 zen with a 50% off intro price.
    10th Anni Legendary was 35% off.
    Post edited by tigeraries on

I am doing my best Lol. I was thinking about grabbing some more Zen and maybe grabbing the mirror galaxy dreadnaught pack but I want to make sure I have enough for the Legendary pack when they do make it available again.

I sure hope this sale has hit you at a good time for yourself since you have bene waiting :-)
This discussion has been closed.