test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infinity Promo Packs Return

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11482233-infinity-promo-packs-return!

"From December 24th at 8am PT (17:00 CET) to January 2nd 10am PT (19:00 CET), we are running a promotion that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Research and Development Pack or a Duty Officer Pack – and from From December 24th at 8am PT (17:00 CET) to December 28th at 10am PT (19:00 CET), all of these packs will be 20% off!

When you purchase a Research and Development Pack or a Duty Officer Pack from the C-Store during this promotion and open it, you will receive either 10 Lobi Crystals or a Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack in addition to the Research and Development Pack.

Opening this Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack will give the recipient a choice of any Tier 6 ship found in any previous Research & Development or Duty Officer Promotional Pack."

The link provides a detailed list of all the possible ships able to be won.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I feel like the pictures of the ships should link to the stats pages for said ship. That way someone who is interested in the gamble TRIBBLE can easily decide which ships they want.
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    So we are not getting a new ship? I wonder which ship would be the best choice in terms of traits. The Vaadwaur MW Jugg?
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I feel like the pictures of the ships should link to the stats pages for said ship. That way someone who is interested in the gamble TRIBBLE can easily decide which ships they want.

Luv that idea. I do wish Cryptic had embedded links to the ships' stats.

Best I can do & thanks to sto.gamepedia.com

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Requisition_Choice_Pack_-_Tier_6_Promotional_Ship_Choice_Pack

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    As if it couldn't be any more disappointing...they didn't even add a new ship lol
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Whaaa, no new ship? Sad story, bro
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    lianthelia... you had me going there for a second. Actually thought you were serious... then saw the lol at the end.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I want a new Fed only ship that looks like it is made out of Leggos just like that last promo.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

Not everyone cares about the stats, some simply have a particular design they like and want to use regardless of how effective it is.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    rattler2 wrote: »
    lianthelia... you had me going there for a second. Actually thought you were serious... then saw the lol at the end.

Well there is a small degree of truth to it....I mean if nothing else they could have done something quick that is already in game or a T6 Bulwark :p
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I guess this means we won't be getting the Legendary Bundle
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Well there is a small degree of truth to it....I mean if nothing else they could have done something quick that is already in game or a T6 Bulwark :p

While I like the Bulwark, I imagine they'll never do a T6 version because of the allegations that it looks like a s*x toy. Personally I never really understood that until someone showed me a pic of the offending object that stemmed the allegations. But surely they could just redesign it enough to end that comparison.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    jeez everyone complains because you had to buy the bundle for the Disco-prise. well now it's in the box. so now it will be on the exchange. I'm guessing the other enterprise is the MW one from the bundle. I think it would be a win if I hadn't bought the bundle. face it folks, if you are holding out for the individual ships to appear in the C-store you will be waiting a long time.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine

westx211 wrote: »

While I like the Bulwark, I imagine they'll never do a T6 version because of the allegations that it looks like a s*x toy. Personally I never really understood that until someone showed me a pic of the offending object that stemmed the allegations. But surely they could just redesign it enough to end that comparison.

If they cared then they would have altered the T5 version...that's no reason not to make a T6 version...it's been in the game for a long time now and nothing has ever been altered.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    A T6 Bulwark while NEAT is also meh because the Rampart by virtue of being a FDC will just be better. It's like the Bastion vs bulwark of now, Bastion even has better tanking masterys. FDCs while neat really screwed up Dread-cruisers and standard carriers..
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    I will only do this when they are account wide unlocks.
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    A T6 Bulwark while NEAT is also meh because the Rampart by virtue of being a FDC will just be better. It's like the Bastion vs bulwark of now, Bastion even has better tanking masterys. FDCs while neat really screwed up Dread-cruisers and standard carriers..

Before they made the Bastion a FDC it was inferior in every way to the Bulwark...less hull...less turn rate...no weapon system efficiency. Besides...it still has appeal as if nothing else that the 3 piece set gives battle cloak. Can give the T6 Bulwark a 5/3 weapon layout...probably miracle worker or intel specialization
    reyan01 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »

As you say, if it were to reappear they'd almost definitely do a re-skin too (much like they did with the Voth Bastille or Tholian Iktomi for example) and likely make that version look a bit less..... questionable.

If it was really that much of a problem they could have just updated the original...I mean it wouldn't be the first time they replaced a ship. The Typhoon and old Jupiter were basically removed
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Nah. To TRIBBLE with players, it would have been a T6 promo-tier Nova. With the same bad texture job as the current Nova.

Well, i was under the impression that they would put the other Synth ship there... ohh, well..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

Nah. To TRIBBLE with players, it would have been a T6 promo-tier Nova. With the same bad texture job as the current Nova.

Well, i was under the impression that they would put the other Synth ship there... ohh, well..

Same here, kinda disappointed
This discussion has been closed.