test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Annoying, dancing Elachi

chromatychromaty Member Posts: 84 Arc User
Hey Cryptic, would you please remove this annoying, dancing Elachi from the "imperial rift set"!? For some, maybe it was funny in the first days but now I think it´s really enough. It´s not funny anymore just annoying. Is there anyone else with that opinion??
eng_sig.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    The dancing elachi are there to warn us what will happen when one messes with the fabric of the universe.

Fun aside, i expect that the side effects of the imperial rift set will be toned down once the story progresses.
    Possibly shortening the length of their stay.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Small price to pay for using illegal weaponry?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    I don't even notice them anymore on my TOS Sci because they spawn... then instantly vanish for me. *shrug* Only reason I mess around with that set is because its on my Megawell build so I have one more thing to throw on the pile.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    A quick note: summoning a security Team or a Quantum Shadow will despawn the elachi.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Summoning a non-combat pet gets rid of them. But yes, they are even more annoying than the KIDD drones.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The dancing Elachi are the most idiotic thing added to this game since the Beacon of Kahless. Absolutely stupid.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    At this point I consider them stalkers, but filing for a temporary restraining order seems to take forever in this game.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    If you beam into a hot situation they don't dance, and may even fight for a short time so I don't really mind them (of course, in a lot of games I play the wrangler type classes so I am used to all sorts of pets hanging around anyway). They can be annoying in social zones though, and the Winter Wonderland apparently counts as a social zone to them.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    chromaty wrote: »
    Hey Cryptic, would you please remove this annoying, dancing Elachi from the "imperial rift set"!? For some, maybe it was funny in the first days but now I think it´s really enough. It´s not funny anymore just annoying. Is there anyone else with that opinion??

agreed. almost as annoying as the disco balls
    Spock.jpg

• cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    chromaty wrote: »

agreed. almost as annoying as the disco balls

Quoted for truth.

Cirran
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I don't mind them either. At least not enough to worry about asking that they be removed. I had them fighting for me last time I beamed to Nukara for some kills and ground damage.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They are constantly at the main hub in the Winter Wonderland.

Msybe they should make a spawned Mirror Porthos rip them to shreds. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I don't mind them either. At least not enough to worry about asking that they be removed. I had them fighting for me last time I beamed to Nukara for some kills and ground damage.

YOU may not mind them, but yet you pass on Devs trolling onto other players by keeping these stupid dancing clowns in everyone else's face in social zones by probably not clearing them. Way to go, and don't worry, I'm sure that reads as a 'challenge accepted' to whichever Dev is responsible.

Elachi are supposed to be creepy and imposing, and this is like the equivalent of summoning Iconians and making a parody of them too - by all means, go right ahead with that too, I'm just around to squeeze some last bit of fun left.

I wonder what PWE thinks when they see both their STO player base and income starting to dwindle as a result of these troll-type decisions, right up there with the incessant full screen strobe effects and endless visual spam. Perhaps, just perhaps, they'll consider screening for antisocial tendencies when employing anyone new.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'm absolutely certain 'STO's player base and income' will not dwindle due to Elachi dancing. Nor due to visual spam, since they only add to it for years now.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited December 2020
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I'm absolutely certain 'STO's player base and income' will not dwindle due to Elachi dancing. Nor due to visual spam, since they only add to it for years now.

Absolute's quite a big word. The reality is neither you nor I can know for sure as we do not have access to real player population, spending, and actual quality gaming time (as opposed to mini-farms and AFK events). STO is not up there with the big true MMOs and so cannot afford to lose players to troll-type decisions such as these that compound over time.

I play another game where population is critically low, and Devs truly cannot afford to treat their few remaining die-hard members in such a manner. Appeal to ignorance fallacy. STO is in no danger of shutting down at present. -- WingedHussar

It's unbelievable how many social zones these tribbles linger in. And I won't post an example of the strobe effects as I have no intention of hurting people's eyes and risk causing seizures (unlike whichever dev thinks this is amusing).
    elachi.jpg
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    So what is it that causes this? I have not seen this on console yet.
    garaffe wrote: »
    So what is it that causes this? I have not seen this on console yet.

Firing the 3/4 piece power from https://sto.gamepedia.com/Imperial_Rift cause a rift in space from which elachi can emerge.
    If they do not emerge during space combat, they emerge on the first ground map thereafter.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Oh, I see now. We don't have this set yet on Console, and probably won't have it until late Jan or Fed next year.

Sounds like a silly mechanic to have a space set have effects on the ground.
  • latentredlatentred Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'll never use the imperial rift set. Not my thing. But I like the dancing Elachi. I like the idea of your character being followed around by friendly aliens you summoned as a byproduct of the tech you use. It's a nice counterpoint to being shot at by aliens summoned by tech someone else used (Tholians. Looking at you). And since they don't actually interfere with what you're doing, I say treat them like that pet that followed you home.
    edited December 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    They are constantly at the main hub in the Winter Wonderland.

Msybe they should make a spawned Mirror Porthos rip them to shreds. ;)

They actually have something like that in Secret World Legends, a single-use pet that goes around killing all the other pets in the area until its time runs out. The idea is bizarre enough to be funny the first time or two but after that the ruckus is actually more annoying than the pets.

And the Warden's pets in ESO are more of an annoyance than the dancing mushroom men, especially the bear since it seems to like to stand right were it blocks other people from getting to workstations. People generally don't go bugnuts about them though.
    edited December 2020
    ---something went wrong with an edit and spawned this double comment ---
    Reddit seems to hold similar disapproval of these, as with other 'questionable' (Troll) game content that keeps getting added.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @alcyoneserene said:
    > Reddit seems to hold similar disapproval of these, as with other 'questionable' (Troll) game content that keeps getting added.

That may be true, however the game has been around for quite a few years and they still are around and keep hiring actors from the franchise to do voice acting, and a few of those names won't be cheap.

I understand being annoyed, and that knowing people who quit because of it may seem this happens on a larger scale, but if the game was hurting as badly as people claim for tge last 12 years it wouldn't be around and kicking still.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    So, just because YOU don't like them, I'm supposed to despawn them if they spawn around me? Not gonna happen. If I like them then they stay.

If things happen ingame that I don't like, I do the adult thing and deal with it myself by ignoring it and not complaining every time something in the game annoys me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    So, just because YOU don't like them, I'm supposed to despawn them if they spawn around me? Not gonna happen. If I like them then they stay.

If things happen ingame that I don't like, I do the adult thing and deal with it myself by ignoring it and not complaining every time something in the game annoys me.

I gave my feedback, on topic. Call it whatever you like, and reap the consequences of your own self-centered actions.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Talk about self-centered. It's pretty self-centered to expect people to cater to your likes or dislikes. Just play the game the way you like and I'll do the same.

I'm not here to make it better for anyone else except myself. You can do the same.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    The very definition of self-centered is not caring about the consequences of your own actions on others. You are free to dance with your elachi all day long, just don't expect others to enjoy it if you shove these in their face and expect them to be okay with it, especially when the majority of feedback across two forums have showed how displeasing they are.

I just spawned in game on WW and 2 sets of elachi were in my face dancing around on the table. One despawned, another the player cleared them.

I never demanded you do anything. I'm giving valuable feedback about the topic, which is annoying dancing elachi, and this insidious level of trolling originating with whichever Dev that leads to players fighting each other in this very way to their amusement.

I've mostly left games over this type of thing, one in particular is Overwatch, because the gameplay aspects led to a sense of complete helplessness and of fighting your own team mates. Many have given feedback about this. What happened? Blizzard actually did a balance pass on all heroes, and introduced LFG-type class fillers to help ease the toxicity they never intended but was simply a consequence of the gameplay.

STO can either take our feedback, which it rarely does, or deal with the consequences of less income and fewer active players. Perpetually dancing elachi in social zones is one such annoyance compounding existing more severe annoyances of seizure-inducing fulll screen flashes, and blinding layers of effects with next to zero options to tone them down.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Agreed, they have been funny for 2-3 days...but after that they are just annoying AF.
    And i'm not even a RPer, can't imagine how annoying they must be for someone who's trying to RP a serious char.

Obviosly we 'could' just use another set on our ships, but c'mon, you don't spent tons of dil to upgrade a set to XIV for your twinks when you SPECIFICALLY did the grind for the one set that is Mk XIV without spending any extra cost.

TL,DR: It has been funny, now get rid of them, they've become annoying.
This discussion has been closed.