test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you Cryptic for the FREE Upgrade and respec tokens

mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
I know there was lots of issues with invalid skills but do have to recognize what was done in return to keep players happy.
I for one are thankful for the free upgrade and the respec tokens.
Thank you and Happy Holidays

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11482023-a-thank-you-upgrade
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I spent last night respeccing everything after just noticing the last one, only to hear there's another today by the sounds of it. It has been very frustrating. This gesture is sincerely appreciated. Thank you guys.

Edit: I stand corrected, recent patch has retroactively fixed issue not redone it. So double thank you guys.
    Post edited by pwecangetlost on
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Definitely the right move and happy as well. I do need that upgrade token badly :D
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah, I can use another upgrade token on my F2P at least. Thank you, Cryptic!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I for one appreciate the gesture. Who does not love freebies? I was surprised to see no issues so far with respec...but grateful so far so good.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    It's on...wow. Enjoying the upgrade :)
  • Options
    tigerpumper#0693 tigerpumper Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I would forgive Cryptic for all bugs, infractions and oopsies past, future and present for a free pair of sexy shorts. ;)
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Whatever they do people always wont be happy. I remember Delta is the best expansion ever and players loved it? really...many left no matter. And so many also left this game went it switch to F2P....yet we are still here.

This was a monumental mistake but glad they fixed it. If people leave STO remains to be seen.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I would forgive Cryptic for all bugs, infractions and oopsies past, future and present for a free pair of sexy shorts. ;)

OH MY
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I wouldn't call it free. It is the result of a repeated bug that caused a lot of frustration for many people. This is really more "Sorry I F'd up. You like flowers right?"

I'll take the flowers, Cryptic, they are nice and I appreciate the apology, but I really want you to not F things up.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I feel like such a buffoon with egg on my face & any brow beating is deserved lol

I finally took the plunge with my most needed toon & claimed them but before took account of how many were on each toon then went back & all toons had an additional 4.

My apologies to Cryptic for thinking they took a short cut, I just didn't understand the terminology in the details stated. Well done to Cryptic that is a generous amount to offer.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    I'm grateful for the token. The free respec tokens...unexpectedly high quality sense of humor.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
This discussion has been closed.