test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 12/16/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited January 2021 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 12/16 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @ambassadorkael#6946 We did the time warp again. Tomorrow is 12/15 and not 4/28. Please pay attention and get it right! Thanks. :) Surprised that this patch is not going live on a Thursday though.

Edit: Glad that the patch was delayed especially if it would be skills invalid again for the fourth time. Also, glad you updated the date to the correct date as well as the title of the thread. Much appreciated.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Updated Memorial plaque to include Thomas Lister, Jr.
    Resolved an issue that was causing characters to not load in properly.
    Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause the client to crash when patching.
    Added unlocks for Winter ornament 2020 to Fleet Starbases (Fed & Kdf).
    Updated holiday selection console to recognize new ornament project and allow hide/unhide.
    The Phase Shift universal console has been updated to be equippable on any Fek'Ihri Starship
    Captains will no longer see fleet recruitment messages written by an account on their ignore list.

Looks like some good fixes.

Still nothing said about a console set-bonus for the Fek'Ihri ships? Cryptic did it for the Breen. Cryptic did it for the Summer Event ships. What's the deal Cryptic, pandemic, laziness, a certain reason not doing it?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Just a note from the STO Facebook Page..
    We've determined that the build going to PC tomorrow will cause players to have to retrain their skills, again. We understand how unacceptable this is and apologise. The team is looking into it right now to figure out why this keeps happening, and if it's a larger issue.

Yep.. again! :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited December 2020
    At least they're being proactive about it. It is a shame they cancelled the update, but if it was going to cause another respecing we're close if not a bit pass the look of folly so the update delay is understandable if nothing major was going to be fixed.

Thanks seaofsorrows & thegrandnagus1 for updating here, you know the official STO forums.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    At least they're being proactive about it. It is a shame they cancelled the update, but if it was going to cause another respecing we're close if not a bit pass the look of folly so the update delay is understandable if nothing major was going to be fixed.

Thanks seaofsorrows & thegrandnagus1 for updating here, you know the official STO forums.

If only PWE would employ someone to do this, instead of relying on the playerbase to disseminate important information.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    On one hand, it's good they're finally deciding to investigate that and they caught it on time.

On the other hand, (almost) AGAIN? Freaking seriously? And still no info about that on the site or forums.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    At this point, they should start paying players like seaofsorrows & thegrandnagus1 a consulting fee.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Its amazing they can post it off the forums but they cant post it here.
    NOT ALL OF US GO TO FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND i wont be doing anything on reskilling my people till I know the damn thing is FIXED!
    In fact I personally do not recognize anything posted to Twitter and or Facebook unless it is also posted here as anything other than rumor and heresay.
    I on the other hand wouldnt mind going back to before April so we can do some things differently :)
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Has today's maintenance eliminated the crash that prevents us from entering the game?
    the patch did not load.
    minidari wrote: »
    Has today's maintenance eliminated the crash that prevents us from entering the game?
    the patch did not load.

If you read posts through this thread you'll learn that Cryptic has cancelled this patch because of the Skill Tree respecing for now.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    I hope this is not the version that is currently on Tribble as my builds are all completely broken and unusable on the current Tribble build. My weapons keep getting stuck in space just hovering. Then they come to life and work then die again repeat.
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Why no notice about nerf ba'ul weapons? you never notice about full patch changes, why always hard to find "full patch note"?
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    As mentioned above, this update has been delayed until tomorrow, 12/16. There will be no need to respec, and that issue should be fixed for the future.
    As mentioned above, this update has been delayed until tomorrow, 12/16. There will be no need to respec, and that issue should be fixed for the future.

By chance any "stealth" addition of Fek'Ihri console set-bonuses incomming with this patch?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    volticua wrote: »
    Why no notice about nerf ba'ul weapons? you never notice about full patch changes, why always hard to find "full patch note"?

That was in last week's patch notes.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    That the persistent issue is on the ropes, if not quite yet vanquished outright, pleases me to hear.

I've had no problem expressing my displeasure with what I consider shoddy communication practices (i.e. using social media as a substitute for, instead of a supplement and direction to, official site posts); that said, I would be remiss, sir, were I to not offer kudos for exhibiting in this instance what should be normal behavior. One thing I would add as reminder: when you do create a relevant thread to go with the post, the 'Discuss on the Official Forums' button should link directly to that thread.

By chance any "stealth" addition of Fek'Ihri console set-bonuses incomming with this patch?
    I recall this coming up on the previous Ten-Forward, but not the specific reason why there are no set bonuses. I imagine that at least one of the set bonuses would be +fire_damage, and the full-set bonus includes -cooldown for the component consoles (see the Temporal Fragmentation System package). On this note, I wonder if we'll be seeing either of these two theoretical sets:
    • Soldat d'Hiver: CRM 200, Dielectric Oscillation Personal Shield, (armor or kit frame) - bonuses: +cold_damage; -cooldown for cryo kit modules; (3-pc) cryonic bombardment (similar to the Polaron Bombardment tac module)
    • Molor's Raiment: Molor's Sword, shield, armor - bonuses: +fire_damage; -cooldown for Fek'Ihri kit modules; (3-pc) ???

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Thank you for letting us know, it's appreciated.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    That the persistent issue is on the ropes, if not quite yet vanquished outright, pleases me to hear.

I've had no problem expressing my displeasure with what I consider shoddy communication practices (i.e. using social media as a substitute for, instead of a supplement and direction to, official site posts); that said, I would be remiss, sir, were I to not offer kudos for exhibiting in this instance what should be normal behavior. One thing I would add as reminder: when you do create a relevant thread to go with the post, the 'Discuss on the Official Forums' button should link directly to that thread.

I recall this coming up on the previous Ten-Forward, but not the specific reason why there are no set bonuses. I imagine that at least one of the set bonuses would be +fire_damage, and the full-set bonus includes -cooldown for the component consoles (see the Temporal Fragmentation System package). On this note, I wonder if we'll be seeing either of these two theoretical sets:
    • Soldat d'Hiver: CRM 200, Dielectric Oscillation Personal Shield, (armor or kit frame) - bonuses: +cold_damage; -cooldown for cryo kit modules; (3-pc) cryonic bombardment (similar to the Polaron Bombardment tac module)
    • Molor's Raiment: Molor's Sword, shield, armor - bonuses: +fire_damage; -cooldown for Fek'Ihri kit modules; (3-pc) ???
    I'd love to see that, one of my alts uses the CRM, with the shield upgraded and cryo kit modules, the +cold would be nice for them.​​

I have a lingering feeling that the longer Cryptic doesn't do a Fek'Ihri hips' consoles' set-bonus(es) the less likely it is to happen even though they've done it for the previous Breen ships & the previous Summer Event ships.

Could to know it was at least mentioned &/or asked about. Thanks for the info. shadowfirefly00
  • ironman7#2509 ironman7 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I strongly suggest Cryptic to choose one time zone and stick with it whenever releasing updates or patches. All over social medias and official news, Cryptic kept giving out wrong time zone! If Cryptic wants to annouce, using pacific time, then stick with it! I have seen several sources that are not consistent with each other because of wrong time zones etc.

For example, game launcher informs us players that the patch will start at 14:00 UTC which is NOT the same as 7am PST! (14:00 UTC means 6am PST, and 7am PST means 15:00 UTC!).

Next time you plan the update/patch etc, I suggest you to use google to double check your intended start and end time properly and use ONE time zone only for consistency sake (across various social media and communication platforms).

Thank you!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    I strongly suggest Cryptic to choose one time zone and stick with it whenever releasing updates or patches. All over social medias and official news, Cryptic kept giving out wrong time zone! If Cryptic wants to annouce, using pacific time, then stick with it! I have seen several sources that are not consistent with each other because of wrong time zones etc.

For example, game launcher informs us players that the patch will start at 14:00 UTC which is NOT the same as 7am PST! (14:00 UTC means 6am PST, and 7am PST means 15:00 UTC!).

Next time you plan the update/patch etc, I suggest you to use google to double check your intended start and end time properly and use ONE time zone only for consistency sake (across various social media and communication platforms).

Thank you!

They have continually made this mistake for years, It is nothing new. Most of us just ignore it now. It is just a minor error.
    That dang loophole in the Temporal Accords.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Just remember what time it usually starts in your time zone and you should be good to go. Like in my time zone it usually starts around 9 am. So I plan accordingly. Very seldom do they ever do it earlier, unless it's to be an extended maint.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I have been on and off all afternoon, Played 1 person thru the romulan mystery, Did 2 fleet ornaments *2019 ornament fixed*
    Double checked skills to be valid *YAY FIXED* etc.
  • bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Another maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow too. Maybe they'll be able to fix the crash on startup bug that's been affecting everyone else in game.
    Post edited by bigb3 on
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Thank you!

They have continually made this mistake for years, It is nothing new. Most of us just ignore it now. It is just a minor error.

It happens practically every week though with Kael. When does it stop becoming a mistake and being recognized as the laziness and lack of proof-reading or lack of reading skills at all? For something that might require all of a minute to read after being written and corrected, if necessary, before posting it, really isn't too much to ask.
This discussion has been closed.