test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary excelsior picture

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
I could have sworn that i saw a topic with a screenshot from a fleet version of a Legendary Excelsior yesterday.
Can anyone tell me where it has been moved?
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I think you can find it on reddit
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    It didn't look that great anyway.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    With enough digging you might be able to find it since as we all know, what goes on the internet stays on the internet.

My opinion though... meh.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    There are at least 2 topics about it on Reddit.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Yall are allowed to know stuff, just don't post unreleased content here on this forum. What reddit and others do is their business. If you're going to post stuff, wait till it's been announced or they've covered it on live stream. Then yall can discuss it until you're blue in the face.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    So then, regarding the legendary Excelsior.. i'm quite fond of the excelsior myself and have the series in my inventory even though the heavy engineering seating is disliked by many.

If it is going legendary i expect a combination of command and miracle worker with a trait pointing towards captain Zulu.
    Also possible it will point towards https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/USS_Lakota but personally i think that would be the lesser of the two options.

Now for the soon to be announced legendary pack (if it is on a testing server it will most likely be announced shortly), if it is only the excelsior in the pack as it was with the setup for the legendary romulan pack i will not make a purchase for the very simple reason that i do not think the prices associated cover the content.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The Excelsior is my favorite TOS era Enterprise ship and it disappointed greatly when it wasn't included in the Legendary pack, they instead decided to put the JJ and DIS copies of the Constitution instead.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The Excelsior is my favorite TOS era Enterprise ship and it disappointed greatly when it wasn't included in the Legendary pack, they instead decided to put the JJ and DIS copies of the Constitution instead.

While I too would have liked an Excelsior in that bundle, I do understand why the Excelsior was not an actual candidate for it.

If Sulu and the Excelsior would indeed have gotten their standalone movie or show (as was heavily discussed after ST VI) it would have been a different story.

Alas, the Excelsior was shown as a plot-device at first (stealing the Enterprise wouldn't have been exciting without
    the looming threat of something shinier, newer and better to potentially stop her) and throughout TNG as the typical Starfleet-vessel used by every admiral and most other captains at that time. STVI had her for a potential Sulu-solo-show setup and because it made sense to contrast the Enterprise-A, which wasn't state of the art anymore at that time.

And in Generations, the Enterprise B was mostly failing as the "hero"-ship due to being unfinished, while the Lakota on DS9 was an antagonistic pawn in a sick game of chess.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @darkbladejk said:
    > Yall are allowed to know stuff, just don't post unreleased content here on this forum. What reddit and others do is their business. If you're going to post stuff, wait till it's been announced or they've covered it on live stream. Then yall can discuss it until you're blue in the face.

I mean its not like they h*cked the game to get the screenshot. It was just available to look at in game because of a developer oversight. Which happens a lot.

Edit: Why is H*cked a censored word?
    Post edited by westx211 on
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @westx211 said:
    > > @darkbladejk said:
    > > Yall are allowed to know stuff, just don't post unreleased content here on this forum. What reddit and others do is their business. If you're going to post stuff, wait till it's been announced or they've covered it on live stream. Then yall can discuss it until you're blue in the face.
    >
    > I mean its not like they TRIBBLE the game to get the screenshot. It was just available to look at in game because of a developer oversight. Which happens a lot.

Yeah, I'm honestly confused on this one. Obviously we can't post about anything datamined, but this was (still is?) live on console. So is dark actually saying we cant post a pic of something on the LIVE server? 😮

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm honestly confused on this one. Obviously we can't post about anything datamined, but this was (still is?) live on console. So is dark actually saying we cant post a pic of something on the LIVE server? 😮

It's not even a big deal tbh. Unintentional, yes, but well, there it is, so now we know. And? No harm, no foul.

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

It's not even a big deal tbh. Unintentional, yes, but well, there it is, so now we know. And? No harm, no foul.

Yeah, its obiously unnintentional, and hence, a bug.. but this allows me to start stockpilling zen in case i like the boff seating..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited December 2020

In the lead up to the big Fed Legendary Bundle several things got leaked in-game and all mentions of it were quickly deleted. Even SPECULATION that happened to be correct was also deleted (happened to me). Personally I don't think this was any of the volunteer mods doing it, I think it was a Cryptic or PWE employee.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    If Cryptic wanted the images removed.. fine, ok.

It doesn't seem that they punished anyone for posting the images so it's all good. If they had given people infractions or bans, that would have been a different story since no one did anything wrong. They took stuff that was available on the live game server and posted it.

It's not the communities fault that Cryptic leaked their own design to the player base on the live server. If they ever did any tests before releasing content, they would not have to worry about things like this. The mods have handled it appropriately, they removed the images at Cryptic's request and left it at that.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The mods have handled it appropriately, they removed the images at Cryptic's request and left it at that.

I don't know that it will remain this way, and I'm honestly surprised this thread is still around. While no one was punished for the previous Legendary Bundle stuff they absolutely WERE deleting any post that even mentioned or described things that were leaked through the ingame ship vendor, and I had pure speculation posts that were also deleted and turned out to be correct.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.