test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skills Invalid, a third time

olixioolixio Member Posts: 69 Arc User
The Skill tree for Space and Ground is broken, again. This is the third time we’ve experienced this problem in the last couple months. It forces us to Retrain our Captains in order to upgrade their Specializations… and we need to upgrade Specializations so we can use different ship builds, or ground activity.

Comments

• Options
    archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I've been able to add skills despite the "retrain" button; I believe double-clicking on the desired icon does it. (It's definitely Concerning, though, since I have to snap a photo of my skills & traits before retraining & it's such a pain.)
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Does anyone know if the Skills still work while it says invalid?
    Cause I for one do not have any intention of reskilling 14 people AGAIN this year.
    2 hours to do 14 people the first time, I skipped the 2nd time and I intend to skip the third also.
  • Options
    archbeth wrote: »
    I've been able to add skills despite the "retrain" button; I believe double-clicking on the desired icon does it. (It's definitely Concerning, though, since I have to snap a photo of my skills & traits before retraining & it's such a pain.)

Sorry, but are you addressing our individual "Skill Tree" or the "Specialization Trees" where you spend specialization points, or both?

But, yes, it's concerning as to the fact that I've already done it twice, in the past couple of months. I have four toons that I mainly play, a few others, and that's a pain for me. Others have more than that… and they have paid for characters slots. So, it would be helpful if we didn't to worry about this, as it could be a problem later on.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the Skills still work while it says invalid?
    Cause I for one do not have any intention of reskilling 14 people AGAIN this year.
    2 hours to do 14 people the first time, I skipped the 2nd time and I intend to skip the third also.

I've only heard from people who play the game, like I do. I've not experienced any set backs, other than having to retrain because I wanted to add points to my specializations. I haven't tried archbeth's suggestion when it comes to that aspect. But, overall, it doesn't seem to affect our characters.
  • Options
    What i did was take a piece of paper labeled the ranks and put the circles on the sheet in the same condition they are in the game, then i just crossed out the ones i use and left the ones i dont use empty.
    Makes my life alot easier when i do new characters.
  • Options
    What i did was take a piece of paper labeled the ranks and put the circles on the sheet in the same condition they are in the game, then i just crossed out the ones i use and left the ones i dont use empty.
    Makes my life alot easier when i do new characters.

I make screenshots of my characters' skills. That way, if I want to experiment, and I don't like what I did, I have a screenshots of what I was before. But, if I like it, I create a new set of screenshots. So, being able to remember is not the problem, it's the fact that people have several character and it's a hassle to then have to address each character.
  • Options
    Oh i fully understand the issue and i only have 14 and only respect the first time, i WONT respec again till i know its fixed.
  • Options
    Well, so far, it seems they fixed the problem with a little apology gift. That's cool, it's helpful.