test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are they gonna every put some kinda fleet holding or social area in gamma quadrant

ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
I haven't really checked but is odo's fleet a permanent thing in the gamma quadrant if it is it could be the new updated version of battle group omega or whatever it was called that had a buch of ships gathered together in space with bank,exchange, and mail like a spacemall with ships that act like foodcarts/kiskos. Dominion battleship kind surround those business ships.

The asset is there so i mean i want to plop one of my captains in the gamma quadrant long term but don't want to have to call in a ship to use the bank or call in a person to use the exchange. Heck this fleet of ships could be excuse that it is to defend the gate since there is a ships in the area on of romulan gate that is defended, the delta gate is secure. the gamma gate is just a gate with nothing around it and it needs defense and it is in Dominion territory.. Alliance or not it is Dominion territory so makes sense. I know such a thing will not become a reality.

I mean the Devs have voiced ideas on things that were a good idea but later dropped because it was not worth it to do it. But i mean yeah bring back the spirit of the old battle group omega as battle group gamma.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Great idea OP!

Wait I have to wonder though...

How much Dil do you intend to contribute to max out a respective holding?

more like 8k/day or more like 80k/day?

Colony holding was the latter for me btw. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Signed 2/ Makes perfect sense.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Only if the dilithium and other costs were reasonable. Otherwise #nomorefleetholdings.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    It would be great if they actually made the Dominion itself a Romulan-like demifaction instead of just Odo's task force being the demifaction. Since Odo's force is based in Alpha there is little need for anything in Gamma except as the battlezone it is now (though it seriously needs work to be anything like a good battlezone).

I don't see that happening anytime soon, if at all, judging by the dev's reactions when asked about it. They simply seem to be uninterested in anything but Jem'Hadar and the absolute minimum needed to support them, and dislike the idea of playable Vorta and other Gamma races that they would need if they were going to actually open Gamma up like they did Delta or the others.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I’m in the #nomorefleetholdings crowd... however, a good social zone maybe representing our particular Jem’hadar character’s homeworld (similar to New Romulus) would be great!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    If they do make another fleet holding... keep it to 3 tiers.
    But I wouldn't say no to the Alliance taking over, say... an old research facility or something to act as an outpost or something in Gamma.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited December 2020
    crm14916 wrote: »
    I’m in the #nomorefleetholdings crowd... however, a good social zone maybe representing our particular Jem’hadar character’s homeworld (similar to New Romulus) would be great!

Jem'Hadar don't have a homeworld, they are made in towable satellite facilities set up near whatever area they will be operating in (there were a couple of DS9 episodes that dealt with that). They are decanted from a machine with pre-programmed skills and are ready to deploy in three days. For the playable Jem'Hadar the closest thing to a homeworld is is Odo's home, DS9.

With the sole exception of Odo, the founders build them like machines and treat them like machines though they are biotech rather than mechanical.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If they do make another fleet holding... keep it to 3 tiers.
    But I wouldn't say no to the Alliance taking over, say... an old research facility or something to act as an outpost or something in Gamma.

That would be nice, but there is still the problem of the "faction" not being the Dominion itself, just Odo's expeditionary force so whatever it was it would not be home base for the current playable J'H, that is DS9. I suppose they could do another kind of embassy or something though.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    A Dominion research facility is the obvious choice. Another option which I think would be more interesting would be some sort of trading hub - maybe run by the Karemma on behalf of the Dominion (I know Karemma's membership in the Dominion is a bit hazy right now).

This would allow for some Dominion based goodies - there could be a Dominion staging outpost as part of the holding (We have no way of obtaining more Very Rare Jem'Hadar BOFFs right now) as well as other Gamma Quadrant races stuff not based purely on warfare (DOFFs for instance).
    Couldn't have been any worse than K-13...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I suspect that, if we get another fleet holding, it will be New Khitomer, the Alliance HQ seen in the future, which was stated to be in the GQ, just outside of dominion territory.

Yeah, me too
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:
    > > @crm14916 said:
    > > Couldn't have been any worse than K-13...
    >
    > Hey now. I like k13. I'd like to see personal k13s in the game. But I know that won't happen.

I do too! My comment was in response to Reyan's comment right above mine. K-13 was pretty much trashed when we get a hold of it, and the projects with to repair it...

CM
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Would be nice but it's been over 3 years since the last holding when they typically released a new holding every year or so...we can't even get a new reputation so I doubt we'll ever see a new holding unfortunately
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > Jem'Hadar don't have a homeworld, they are made in towable satellite facilities set up near whatever area they will be operating in (there were a couple of DS9 episodes that dealt with that). They are decanted from a machine with pre-programmed skills and are ready to deploy in three days. For the playable Jem'Hadar the closest thing to a homeworld is is Odo's home, DS9.

They have Gar'Alam
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > Jem'Hadar don't have a homeworld, they are made in towable satellite facilities set up near whatever area they will be operating in (there were a couple of DS9 episodes that dealt with that). They are decanted from a machine with pre-programmed skills and are ready to deploy in three days. For the playable Jem'Hadar the closest thing to a homeworld is is Odo's home, DS9.

They have Gar'Alam

I'm curious as to the source of this, it looks like you added it to the "Gamma wiki" and I don't see sources. I suppose a wiki that is Fanfic wouldn't need sources, but it would be nice. While your at it can you add any more details, just a name and a blank wiki page, kind of makes it hard to take this seriously.

gHF1ABR.jpg
    edited December 2020
    Jem'Hadar are grown in biotech factories, the closest thing in other popular sci-fi to them would be Replicants from Blade Runner. If a main factory is on the ground somewhere it would be a stretch to call it their "homeworld". They were designed out of bits of Klingon and other DNA stitched together in a lab somewhere.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > Jem'Hadar are grown in biotech factories, the closest thing in other popular sci-fi to them would be Replicants from Blade Runner. If a main factory is on the ground somewhere it would be a stretch to call it their "homeworld". They were designed out of bits of Klingon and other DNA stitched together in a lab somewhere.

Does STO really say there is Klingon DNA in the Jem'hadar? Because canon doesn't. In fact they were careful to not have any connection between the two whatsoever to have them stand out. The Jems were supposed to be a 'primitive' warrior race the dominion 'lifted' via genetic engineering, supposedly they just enhanced their abilities and eliminated everything not combat relevant including procreation. But not a word about Klingon relation.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited December 2020
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Does STO really say there is Klingon DNA in the Jem'hadar?
    No.

The Fek'ihri were made using Klingon DNA, and warping it to match ancient Klingon legends of demons. But the Jem'Hadar were created before The Dominion ever crossed the wormhole in ancient times.

That could be what I was thinking of, I never cared much for the Jem'Hadar themselves so I may have mixed some of the details up with the Fek'iri (which I don't care for much either) though I have seen the war episodes so I know about the factories they set up near trouble spots.

The Dominion whips them up in batches in those factories and treats them just like smarter than average combat drones or something, cannon fodder they can through at the enemy without a single care or regret. The don't even bother giving them full memories, just the bare skills from what the ones the DS9 people worked with said in the episode where the five year old one played straight man to Dax's longevity joke.
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    They missed a good opportunity (imho). Trying to make the Jem, not klingons or Romulans, they wanted drug addicts, that got worse (violence and control wise) when off the drug, that's fine and dandy, but to make them an uplift race I feel was kind of lame.

The Dominion should have created the Jem and Vorta from scratch, full biological constructs, the Religion would have had some bases in reality and created plot lines/conflict on the relationships between Secular governments and a "Dominion" whose founders aren't playing gods, but are creator gods. Add that to fact that the Dominion would be a "mirror" of the Federation, they Augment and control life forms they create, bestowing intelligence (creating intelligent beings) that are born into slavery with death the only way out, The Federation outlaws augmentation, hates slavery, and (at least with Kirk) has a tendency to kill or destroy self-titled gods.

Good Times.

gHF1ABR.jpg
    edited December 2020
    I am not so sure the Vorta are really uplifted. The first one you see in the series is Eris, the commander of an obscure hidden outpost (probably the equivalent of a DEW radar station or anti-submarine listening post) on a border planet who was probably not read-in on the maskirovka that Weyoun started feeding the Federation a little later.

Eris tried her own add-hoc infiltration scheme when the opportunity unexpectedly dropped in her lap, and since she did not have a lot of time to prepare probably fell back on the old adage that the best lie is shading the truth. Not only was her story quite different from the "don't mind me, we are meek and harmless" line Weyoun was pushing, most of the Vorta you see in the show tend to be rather ruthless and strongly passive aggressive, traits that are more common in societies that have been under occupation or oppressed for a very long time, which is more like Eris's story.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Not likely. They have implied multiple times that they are kind of done with the whole holdings thing.
    gQytlm7.jpg
This discussion has been closed.