test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too much Trek?

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
So I had an odd dream last night, it was like watching a trailer for a new movie/game or something.

I was dreaming of a retro fitted/upgraded Enterprise E covered in ablative armor, a voice I do not know saying that its time to stop being pushed around and start pushing back.

Enterprise E upgrade then did a fly by of a SB followed by some other "upgraded" ships that were mostly fed, a few kdf in the mix and they were heading off to break sht.

Am I playing/watching too much Trek?

Comments

• Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Dreams are usually drawn from memories and experiences.

If Star Trek is the only thing your brain can come up with in a dream state, it's not just a matter of watching too much Trek. But also "not having a life" so to speak.
  • Options
    spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    lol Oh I dream other things, odd things even compared to this, but I thought it was funny. :P
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    spy8446 wrote: »
    lol Oh I dream other things, odd things even compared to this, but I thought it was funny. :P

Ah, well that's good then! ^^
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    If you're not dreaming of Trek every night, then you're not playing/watching enough Trek. Or, the opposite of that. Hmm. I need to go outside maybe.
  • Options
    viper1234#1959 viper1234 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I had a dream not too long ago about an Alien giving me a Connie starship with all the trimmings. My family took off to the stars and left earth behind...think we even rescued the crew of Moonbase Alpha too I think LOL
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I once had a dream in the style of one of those pseudo-scientific history documentaries about the secret TRIBBLE weapon which were planes build out of lead. They fell down and sunk in the water and Hitler was super pissed. I don't know what that means.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I once had a dream in the style of one of those pseudo-scientific history documentaries about the secret TRIBBLE weapon which were planes build out of lead. They fell down and sunk in the water and Hitler was super pissed. I don't know what that means.
    Given some of Hitler's "secret weapons", I'd only be mildly surprised to learn this was true.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    hey, GB tried to build an aircraft carrier out of sawdust and ice - old bubblehead wasn't the only one with crazy secret weapons​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    hey, GB tried to build an aircraft carrier out of sawdust and ice - old bubblehead wasn't the only one with crazy secret weapons​​

That's not even the craziest. They tried developing pigeon-guided missiles. Yes, you read that right: missiles guided by pigeons.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Dreams are usually drawn from memories and experiences.

If Star Trek is the only thing your brain can come up with in a dream state, it's not just a matter of watching too much Trek. But also "not having a life" so to speak.

your dream is interesting OP, Dreams are either formed from ^ or things yet to be, if you believe in that stuff, I say take it with a grain of salt.