test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Characters fail to load on character loading screen.

jafcujafcu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I can not bring up certain characters on the character selection screen to load them into the game. The name will highlight and it says loading and the play button will not activate. I left it on the highlighted character while it said it was loading for over 15 mins and character did not load on the character selection screen.I have logged out of the game and forced verified. Did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that did not work.

Comments

• khimairakhimaira Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm having the exact same problem. The characters that seem to cause the issue also do not have their badge/icon shown. Trying to load one of them will essentially prevent any other characters from loading as well.
  • virtualwintervirtualwinter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem. I've let the game run for an hour, but the characters remain on 'Loading...'
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    I have the exact same problem with one of my characters.

I sent this message in on the Support page.
    I am unable to log in on one specific character.
    When I select the character in my list it just does nothing and wont even load up the portrait on the right hand side of the screen of my Captain and his crew, it just continues to show whichever character I had previously selected.

Once this happens I also can't then select any other character to log in on and am forced to log out and back in to the selection screen to log in on another character.

Attempting to select the bugged character again reproduces this cycle 100% of the time.

Affected character is Memet'Atar@khamseen
    I have 22 characters in total and this one is the only character having this problem.

They advised that they'd pass it on to the engineers but also suggested posting in the forums so when I saw this thread I thought I'd just add my report here.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • jafcujafcu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    So just by chance I decided to see if I can switch toons on the character loading screen and I am now able to switch character. TY Engineers!!!

Update: I am unable to change my characters again on the character selection screen.
  • tigliontiglion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I also have this problem.

I was able to get on and move around 6 characters before having issues, however, now that it has started, I have trouble getting any character to load. Sometimes, SOMETIMES, I can get it to switch if I log out of the character select screen using the back button, then logging in, and switching to a new character before the top one finishes loading. Sometimes I make it worse in that it won't load any of them, including the one I was just on. I've done a re-install, a force verify, restarted the game, the launcher, my computer, done a virus scan but still no change.
  • jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I've been having this issue since the patch. A couple of characters I can eventually get to load - sometimes by toggling back and forth from the last working character to the next desired but its hit or miss. Several of my characters just state "loading" indefinitely. Already tried force verify, etc.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Same issue here. A single character of my "crew" does not load up and will, after selecting her, "load" forever. After I once clicked on her, most of the time also clicking on another character will not get them to load up, although there was an exception. All others are behaving as they should. It is always the same character for me. Restarting (logging out/in) has so far unlocked the screen every time I tried and I could load other characters fine again.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Yeah i went through about 8 toons yesterday before i hit this glitch. 4 of my toons are missing their badge, and all cause this issue. I'm about to try a fresh log in and switching to one of the toons i used yesterday(that has their badge) and see if it works... if not i'll update this post
  • jafcujafcu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I logged in yesterday and I was able to switch between all my characters and logged them in except one character. I logged in several different characters that I was not able to log onto before. I saved the one character that all this mess started with for last and when I selected her she did not load up on the character select screen and afterwards I was not able to select another character. So my guess is that this character is bugged and that may be the cause of problems I have been experiencing.
  • jonluckpickerdjonluckpickerd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    me too. from what i've read online this has happened a few time after a patch. historically we have to wait for another patch. QA aint paying attention.
  • nogromnogrom Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Also have the same problem.....
    iamjmph wrote: »
    Yeah i went through about 8 toons yesterday before i hit this glitch. 4 of my toons are missing their badge, and all cause this issue. I'm about to try a fresh log in and switching to one of the toons i used yesterday(that has their badge) and see if it works... if not i'll update this post

The missing badge thing is probably not related to this. Up until recently my characters would show the badge when I left them on ground and not show it if I left them hanging in space, but suddenly most (but not all) of them had the badges in the selection screen, however, only one of them failed to load. These missing badges have also been the case for me for years at least, if not been there all the time.
  • ps1701ps1701 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Add me to the list, I also can't manage to load any other than the top character - on multiple computers.
  • smash#7796 smash Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i am also having this same issue
  • nyghthawk2#2746 nyghthawk2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue
  • thanatos#3442 thanatos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same thing is happening to me... All of my characters (6 in total) fail to load. Sent a ticket 2 days ago, they quickly sent the following copypasta:
    Greetings,

Based on the information you supplied it looks like the issue is the result of a bug and while I don't have a fix for you, however I have informed our engineers of this occurring on your end. Something else you may want to do is post about this issue on the official bug reports forum: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports

Even though the developers and QA team may not reply, they look into the issue. Once the devs have a fix in place, they will apply it during a maintenance patch and post the updates via the Star Trek News page, within the patch notes.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Regards,

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, disabled the firewall, verified the files, logging off and on repeatedly and even left the game to load for hours. Nothing worked.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    iamjmph wrote: »

The missing badge thing is probably not related to this. Up until recently my characters would show the badge when I left them on ground and not show it if I left them hanging in space, but suddenly most (but not all) of them had the badges in the selection screen, however, only one of them failed to load. These missing badges have also been the case for me for years at least, if not been there all the time.

Before this error that affects you and other players, in order for the badges to appear for all the characters, you need to log into these characters and then log out. The missing badges returned to the selection screen was a result of a recent bug fix a few patches ago. Once you do that the badges will remain. For those who have this problem, I am sorry. May it be handled better and you given the amount of time that it took to fix the bug as the time allotted to claim your ship from the event.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ghordathghordath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am also unable to switch characters on the character select screen.
  • lapineleslielapineleslie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Still can't access any of my characters. Any news of this being fixed soon, a tweet, a notice, anything? A microwat of information? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • eternalaiaseternalaias Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I too have been having issues with the char load screen. No char pre-update will load at all. But I can create new chars. Any idea when this might be fixed? I would like to play some winterland games :)
  • jadizbanejadizbane Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    This has happened to me on a few accounts and I contacted a rep on chat who made a ticket for me and the response was to fill out a bug report here and sit back and wait. Hope they fix it soon or I will want a refund on every ship I cannot access
  • soofismacksoofismack Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Having the same problem. Characters that do NOT have their faction icon on the loading screen will not load. And if you try to load one of them it locks the loading screen for the other characters that do have their icons. You then have to log out of STO in order to play the characters that have their icons. This has been this way for weeks now. PLEASE FIX! I have characters that haven't been played since this loading problem started weeks ago. BS not to have been fixed by now. I am a lifetime member and would like to play this game. :(
  • Having the same issue here, affecting 7 different characters. Faction, rank, career, and gender don't seem to be a factor. it's been this way for me since the winter event went live. I sent out a support ticket on Dec. 10th that read:
    Certain characters are not loading when selected on the character select screen. The screen will stay on "Loading" with the "Play" button grayed out. I have let the character 'load' for upwards of 20 minutes with no results. This is affecting multiple characters, and if I select one of the bugged characters, I can no longer access characters that were previously unaffected.

Logging out and logging back in and/or closing and restarting the game client will fix the /unaffected/ characters, but not the initially affected ones.

Full details for affected characters are as follows:
    Kamara'Klar - Lvl. 65 Fed-Aligned Jem'Hadar Male, Tactical Captain
    Cassandra - Lvl. 65 Discovery Era Federation Human Female, Tactical Captain
    Emesi R'mij - Lvl. 65 KDF Orion Female, Tactical Captain
    Sul'at - Lvl. 65 FED Vulcan Male, Tactical Captain
    So'naph Erim - Lvl. 9 FED Andorian Male, Tactical Captain
    Kiji - Lvl. 16 FED Alien Female, Science Captain
    Zade Celis - Lvl. 18 FED Joined Trill Female, Science Captain

I have spent money for several of these characters and I do not want them to be deleted. I just want to be able to play on them again.

Received a "we'll let the engineers know" response on the 11th and was advised to post on the forums. SO here i am, bumping this thread to say please fix this.
    Lore posts are great, but give us real info first please!
  • goldenrose#2916 goldenrose Member Posts: 1 New User
    Bump on the 14th
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Before this error that affects you and other players, in order for the badges to appear for all the characters, you need to log into these characters and then log out. The missing badges returned to the selection screen was a result of a recent bug fix a few patches ago. Once you do that the badges will remain. For those who have this problem, I am sorry. May it be handled better and you given the amount of time that it took to fix the bug as the time allotted to claim your ship from the event.

I certainly had this error for more "than a few patches ago" and since I cycle my toons regularily (e. g. all will play new missions) which didn't help it probably was for me an unrelated error which accidentally got fixed "as well" (it also only appeared when they were in space, not on ground, if that's not the case with what you're describing). So for purposes of this thread my experience here is probably best to be ignored.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Chalk that BUG to me as well. I have the max characters allowed and over half of them are unable to load properly or at all. many of the names can be seen and the loading word appear in their boxes, but no character pic, no nothing.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • illisstr8illisstr8 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I too am having issues with characters loading, hope they patch this up soon, missing out on the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xstaythirstyxxstaythirstyx Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Not sure what is going on, hope Cryptic team resolves this issue as well. I am unable to load certain characters of mine.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • crusaders4christcrusaders4christ Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I see I am not the only one having this issue, was trying to cycle thru all my characters and noticed half of them will not load at all. I tried commenting on the issue on the NoP channel for some advice, but some of the responses were rather rude - basically saying "Who cares."

Hoping that here I can at least have a chance to see if this issue can be resolved soon, love the game, hate to just move to something else after all these years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]