test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

According to the launcher:

Bonus Marks Weekend this Dec 10th 8am PT through this Dec 14 10am PT.

Always welcomed & thanks Cryptic ... if accurate.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I disagree.

They may stick their weekends where the sun don’t shine for as long as they have us re skill our chars on a weekly basis.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Fixing things is not in their wheelhouse. Here is the Patch Notes from an update to Lord of the Rings Online for tomorrow. Not a new Region but a clean up release. They do this every so often. Can you imagine what could be fixed here if they took the time to do it. Fixes included are for older areas and not just new content. Pride in your work.

https://www.lotro.com/en/content/update-282-release-notes
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Fixing things is not in their wheelhouse. Here is the Patch Notes from an update to Lord of the Rings Online for tomorrow. Not a new Region but a clean up release. They do this every so often. Can you imagine what could be fixed here if they took the time to do it. Fixes included are for older areas and not just new content. Pride in your work.

https://www.lotro.com/en/content/update-282-release-notes

Daybreak is a large company (they used to be Sony Online Entertainment) with a much larger development staff than Cryptic. Cryptic is a small subsidiary of PWE and that company has the reputation of taking more than they give their subsidiaries so Cryptic probably has to streamline as much as possible.

I certainly don't agree with everything they do, but having worked in a related industry for quite a while I know backlogged programmers get so they mostly end up only having time to fix just the most urgent ones unless one of the lesser bugs can be squashed as part of fixing one of the higher priority ones.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Standing Stone Games does the development and is a smallish shop like Cryptic. Daybreak is their PWE and have just been bought out of the SOE stable of games (of which Darkpaw is the Developer) and LOTRO/DDO by EG7. All those games will now get updated modern graphics within the next couple of years.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.