test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are your "Go To" Missions for gearing a new character?

2»

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Yeah, it gives a console that gives +13% or on both phaser and disruptor in addition to torp and rad damage boosts, though the torp boost is just for photon torps.

I think it's the Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay console. problem with it is it's a tac console, so you are losing phaser boost with it

The Counter-Command one seems to balance out more or less, the drop in phaser boost gets made up by the torp and radiation boosts if you are using the rest of the set, especially if you are using more than one science torp (like PEP, or even better the photon from the Terran Task Force Munitions set, I have a character who does well with both complete sets for example) and other radiation based science abilities a lot. It is not mission based though and reputations are near-endgame.

On the other hand if you are doing polaron, there are the the Chronometric Calculations set from Time and Tide and the Morphogenic Armaments set from Home that each have a tactical console so you loose even more tactical energy consoles than with the Undine set above, and they seem to work well together despite that.

The loss of tac energy consoles can be mitigated by a lot of factors, mostly having to do with build and playstyle, but even outside things like the fact that a lot of those early-mid game mission sets don't require upgrade tokens until Mk XII if you are F2P and struggling to keep equipment up to level on your first character can help.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Krenim_Temporal_Manipulation

And you can get those from Butterfly, if you like tetryon flavoured weapons.
    Indeed, sir; permit me to round that out...
    Piercing-tetryon ordinance has, in addition to the base tetryon proc, a chance for half of the damage to ignore shields; the proc for resonating-tetryon ordinance affects all shield facings, not just the one struck. Both types are awarded as rare, up to Mk. XI depending on operator level.
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    I appreciate all the feedback regarding the missions on gearing characters, I am noticing a few things we talk about being mentioned in the general chats of PS4 STO. Also seen a lot of people complaining about TFO's which makes me think not a lot of people are getting their Event TFO's done but I could be wrong about that entirely. None the less I think there is a small group of players who find this info helpful even I do so again Thanks!
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > The Counter-Command one seems to balance out more or less, the drop in phaser boost gets made up by the torp and radiation boosts if you are using the rest of the set, especially if you are using more than one science torp (like PEP, or even better the photon from the Terran Task Force Munitions set, I have a character who does well with both complete sets for example) and other radiation based science abilities a lot. It is not mission based though and reputations are near-endgame.
    >
    > On the other hand if you are doing polaron, there are the the Chronometric Calculations set from Time and Tide and the Morphogenic Armaments set from Home that each have a tactical console so you loose even more tactical energy consoles than with the Undine set above, and they seem to work well together despite that.
    >
    > The loss of tac energy consoles can be mitigated by a lot of factors, mostly having to do with build and playstyle, but even outside things like the fact that a lot of those early-mid game mission sets don't require upgrade tokens until Mk XII if you are F2P and struggling to keep equipment up to level on your first character can help.

There's also the benefit that counter command console is a mission reward, so it's good for a new player or a budget build, sure it might not be BiS but then you got limited resources and/or knowledge it's a decent console until you get better.
This discussion has been closed.