test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes for 12/8/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited December 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 12/8 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC and 2 hours on Console. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    The what time is it is screwed up ... Reads start time
    Event Time in
    UTC, Time Zone
    07:00UTC
    Thursday, 13 July 2017

End time .... Belfast, NIR, United Kingdom
    08:00BST
    Thursday, 13 July 2017

Not only is it in the wrong time (BST) it is also out by three years

LET'S DO THE TIME WARPPPP AGAIN !!!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The lazy copy and paste errors sure do get old! How many times have we seen the fix listed for the Best Served Cold TFO that has probably not been fixed. It wasn't fixed when the TFO event ended and it still probably isn't fixed for the next time it comes back to haunt us. It also looks like it's time to ditch the Ba'ul Antiprotons. )=
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    It'll be a stupid question, but anyone know what "FoV" is? I don't even understand what this is saying:

"The minimum FoV players can set has been decreased to 35, from 50."

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    It'll be a stupid question, but anyone know what "FoV" is? I don't even understand what this is saying:

"The minimum FoV players can set has been decreased to 35, from 50."

CM

I guess a visual setting on how far you can see
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• wesgunder1wesgunder1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    fov means Field of View, so how far or close you can see your ship
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Field of View! Geez... I should have guessed that... Anyway, not sure what this change does, other than give us the option of making things look closer... If I understand it correctly...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    "Fixed an issue where the Ba'ul Weapon Bounce Passive was improperly triggering certain effects as though it were not a Passive, such as with Kemocite Laced Weapons. "

Well, it lookss like Ba'ul AP won't be so in demand anymore. It took them a surprising bit of time to apply this nerf/fix. I wonder if it just flew below their radar, got put on the back burner, they were hesitant to nerf something that raking in money, or was just a hard issue to track down.

Also, there's no mention in the patch notes if these weapons are going to be rolled into the Infinity Lockbox. Given the odd back-to-back ship releases into the Infinity box I'm unsure, though I'm guessing yes given the nerf.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Field of View! Geez... I should have guessed that... Anyway, not sure what this change does, other than give us the option of making things look closer... If I understand it correctly...

Don't worry, I had no idea either and I'm sure there were others who didn't know it either.

If it does indeed work like that, it's a nice change. Some ships remain strangely distant when flying them, compared to others.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, the Lockbox that these Ba'ul AP Weapons are in is being retired today, so now is the time to neuter them. They've had their run. Don't assume incompetence or laziness for the lack of addressing this until now.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • egalgeordie#5753 egalgeordie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    still no sign of fixing the kobali crisis bug I see
  • tibo#6800 tibo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 12/8 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC and 2 hours on Console. (What time is this for me?)
    You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team

Hello,

after today´s patch something goes wrong. I got several craches within the game. Got the Cryptic loading screen than the Star Trak Online House Shattered logo loading screen and then always the game crashes. I need explanation why ? Before this patch everything goes smoothly. I could reply this post to support column of STOs forum too.

Tibo
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The events are not funcioning correctly, I have a verry busy day today came on for 5 minues etc to do the cones of conduct and got jipped todays credit cause cones ended just as the snow overlord came out? WINTER WONDERLAND IS BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am one of those people who cannot do an event twice for credit after doing it once even if it didnt work right the first time.
    so I guess i am SOL todays credit!

Another issue found - NO FLEET ORNAMENT PROJECT!!!!!!!!!! FOR 2020!
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Crash. I think it repeats what happened at the Synth event. and you will keep us out of the game and we will not be able to finish the winter event
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Forgot Lobi needed for Event Buyout :o
    Post edited by captaincelestial on
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I see you guys forgot to mention you invalidated everyone's skills in today's patch notes. For the third time in a little over as many months.
    Is this ever gonna get communicated?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Didn't crash on any of the accts I played today (5).

Will have to go see if the skills got invalidated again.

Edit: Yup. Invalidated again. C'mon, Cryptic, stop it!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    kurtron wrote: »
    I see you guys forgot to mention you invalidated everyone's skills in today's patch notes. For the third time in a little over as many months.
    Is this ever gonna get communicated?

Probably because Kael can't copy and past more than a few patch notes and mess them all up at once. :P
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    All time have one event, crypt will invalidate the skills??? This is ridiculous!!!!
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Without forget Kobali front stay broken for months and nothing of fix.
This discussion has been closed.