test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ESD & Qo'No's Premium and Retnal Apartments...

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
I would love a window Premium apartment in a few locations, also think of all the lovely furniture the store could sell! Bling, Bling! Plus I need a place to stash my Cask of Pre-Super Nova Imperial Romulan Ale ;) also Kirk had a pad in San Francisco so it does fit.
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    While it would be interesting, I believe the devs have stated they have no interest in doing player housing.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I don't want an apartment (even though that would be super cool), but I would like an office at the Academy and at ESD (and of course the KDF equivalent) where I could get some Admiral work done...

It could be just a copy-paste of some of the offices that already exist (Commandant Herschel, for example), but with my Toon's name on it...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @crm14916 said:
    > I don't want an apartment (even though that would be super cool), but I would like an office at the Academy and at ESD (and of course the KDF equivalent) where I could get some Admiral work done...
    >
    > It could be just a copy-paste of some of the offices that already exist (Commandant Herschel, for example), but with my Toon's name on it...
    >
    > CM

While that would just be a fancy way to access the admirality system I wouldn't say no to it either. Maybe add R&D and DOFF systems as well.
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    While it would be interesting, I believe the devs have stated they have no interest in doing player housing.
    Its more that making such a system would take like 6 months of doing nothing but that, and that isn't something they can really do.

Its not that there is no interest in doing it, just that it isn't feasible to do it at this time. Same with a big holodeck update.

Perhaps after they are done upgrading all ships to T6 the could take six months to a year to focus on something else for a bit? After all I imagine ship building can be tedious after a few months and something different might be nice for a change. However they could do a expansion on the team as well considering that, player housing with decorations in all markets, Zen, Dil, Lobi, etc. etc. Would create quite a revenue.

They could also do it like how EQ2 approached player housing 1 door in a particular spot of the area for all the housing you simply use a console on the wall similar to an elevator to select your range of housing.
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    We technically already have this in a very basic form. Ship interiors are technically player housing. Some of the older interiors allow trophies you have earned to be displayed. That is about all Cryptic ever bothered with and apparently even that was too much to keep up with considering most newer ship interiors don't even have trophy display options in the Ready Room.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    All I'd like is the ability to customize my Captain's quarters a little.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    All I'd like is the ability to customize my Captain's quarters a little.

Yeah, really. With anything but the barebones interiors we already have a Captain's Day Room (aka Ready Room) just off the bridge, and also actual Captain's Quarters on another deck. We don't need housing. That's a silly idea.

Next somebody will be asking for Jean Luc's Vinyard
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    You already got ship interiors.. Those already see no use, so before even thinking of player apartments, they should find some use for interiors..

Or else you're just going to have two private places, that are never used.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I've argued for this for many years now. I especially want a ski place on Andoria and a beach hut on Risa. I would pay 10 million refined for the ski place and 2 million refined for the SF apartment.

Sadly I don't think housing will happen here.

btw why should the company care if people use them as long as they pay for them?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Honestly I feel like it could be doable to increase the number of nodes in ship interiors to allow for more customization like what already exists. We just need more items that can be used than just the old trophies. It may not be up to TOR levels, and sure as hell not up to FF14 levels, but... at least being able to swap out parts is technically within their capability using existing tech. However I can see the coding issue coming up since its legacy code and possible that whoever made it didn't leave notes. Probably why we haven't had any new trophies for years. Used to get one for each enemy group, but I think that stoped around the time the Voth came out.

We still need to have the actual items to do it too though. Maybe if someone works on it a bit in their free time and they can get a prototype going it might generate more interest. But right now... unfortunately they don't have the Devs or the time to do it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Might also be a good way to give us something to spend all this GPL on.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.