test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Cryptic - you forget to switch on Double XP experience weekend event

ironman7#2509 ironman7 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
So, we are in Double Experience weekend and yet Cryptic is clearly forgetting to turn that on.

I ran few events on my main toon and my alt toons and all of those received normal experiences and expertises. NOT double.

Clearly Cryptic forgot to switch on this event.

If people do receive double experience and expertises without problem, then please let me know so I can file bug report to support team for my account then.

Thanks
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• hodge77hodge77 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm not getting double xp either
  • varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    @OP; I got it even worse... i can't write or type any numbers on keyboard because every time i do so i activate shortcuts at the same time. So i write "begin" in chat and my characters go to shooter mode, open inventory, summon guards, and so on...

Last time after maintenance i couldn't move maps, and was forced to pay 300 zen-s to finish J'Ula set... because i couldn't join any TFO's, to complete it in normal mode. I also couldn't open inventory, fleet tab, character sheet, or anything except login on maps, and watch ESD or whatever place my character was on that time.

What is wrong with you Cryptic ?
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Just disable those shortcuts.

Cryptic makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean that it's automatically their fault when something doesn't work. I'm not using shortcuts and I'm having no issues whatsoever with my keyboard.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    varethael wrote: »
    @OP; I got it even worse... i can't write or type any numbers on keyboard because every time i do so i activate shortcuts at the same time. So i write "begin" in chat and my characters go to shooter mode, open inventory, summon guards, and so on...

Last time after maintenance i couldn't move maps, and was forced to pay 300 zen-s to finish J'Ula set... because i couldn't join any TFO's, to complete it in normal mode. I also couldn't open inventory, fleet tab, character sheet, or anything except login on maps, and watch ESD or whatever place my character was on that time.

What is wrong with you Cryptic ?

I am not intending to poke fun or anything.. but that sounds like you're just forgetting to press Enter before you start typing. Normally, if you hit 'B' you should go into shooter mode, that's what's supposed to happen. Unless of course, your cursor is in the chat box (usually in the lower left) then it simply types the letter 'B.' Make sure your cursor is in the chat box before you start typing.

If you are having issues with other binds, move your cursor to the chat box by pressing Enter or clicking there with your mouse and then type /UNBIND_ALL and press Enter again to undo any custom binds you're using and set you back to default.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I can't say I believe they forgot to turn on double XP. I got 2 spec point levels last night on one char with admiralty turn ins and a mission. That is not normal.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    do you guys have some screenshots or anything I can send them?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    it does say at 0800 PST....so there is that. got one hour by my time now.

Yes but weekend stuff always starts on Thursdays (and says so in the news item.) It is now Friday.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Hey folks - the event is on and running. Can you let me know what content you're not getting Double XP in? (Please don't say "everything," that is not helpful. :) )
  • hodge77hodge77 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Hey folks - the event is on and running. Can you let me know what content you're not getting Double XP in? (Please don't say "everything," that is not helpful. :) )

Researcher Rescue and Secret Orders didn't give me any.

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Well if the everything is out...

I was on nimbus this morning doing endevs and didn't see any dbl xp going.

But then again I was a day off. But that's what I have experienced thus far. Will update later this eve or tomorrow morning.
    They need folks to be specific as a generalized answer of "everything" doesn't help narrow it down. Giving a few specific examples gives them something to work with. If those examples lead to pay-dirt they can follow the rabbit hole all the way back to the source.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.