test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 12/3/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited December 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 12/3 at 5AM Pacific for 5.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    5.5 hours? Wow! That is a long maintenance!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Decreased the size of the Phase Pistol.
    Thank you!!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    5.5 hours for only 3 corrections? you can use this to fix your hair on the alien species that was all messed up ...
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    5.5 hours for only 3 corrections? you can use this to fix your hair on the alien species that was all messed up ...

What hair option on the Alien species is messed up?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that could sometimes prevent progression during the TFO, “Best Served Cold”, during the final phase.

Didn't know that was an issue with this TFO so I'll count myself lucky on that.

Updated the binding, selling, and value rules on a number of pieces of "starter equipment" so that they all are Bind-on-Pickup, No Value, but may be sold or discarded freely.

Not sure I understand this one, but good???

Decreased the size of the Phase Pistol.

Heard about this, but never bought it from the Lobi Store nor ever saw it in-game.

It does seem like a lengthy maintenance period if it's only covering these three items, but I'm sure there's other tings behind the curtain being addressed for this time amount.
  • guys.. they change the size of a pistol. 5.5 hous is absolutly ok for this important patch! ;)
  • johnjharrisonjohnjharrison Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that could sometimes prevent progression during the TFO, “Best Served Cold”, during the final phase.

what a wonderfull great thing.
    when the game goes online again, we can start the TFO again right away

oh wait, wait ... :|
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Folks, you realize that maintenance is not the same thing as a patch.
    In this case it is most likely giving the servers the proverbial scrub and allowing the hamsters their monthly dose of sunlight before the winter event begins.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Heh. I saw this originally as 55 hours and rushed over to check whether they were doing a datacenter move or something major.

5.5 hours sounds very reasonable after that scare. :D
  • sakesshsakessh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    PLEASE fix the ToS EV suits!!!
  • renwoodsto#3772 renwoodsto Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    You can make the phase pistol the size of a bazooka for all I care. But, it would be nice to change my BOFF uniforms again. I'm not trying to change their species. Maybe you could fit that into your marathon maintenance.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It's possible they're also getting ready for Winter Wonderland on Tuesday is the reason for the extended maintenance.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • machine5#5794 machine5 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I guess they haven't heard about CI/CD pipelines yet, or blue/green software deployment strategies. You would think that a SaaS online game provider that high availability would be a good idea. Nowdays a 5.5 hour downtime is like an eternity. Maybe they need to reboot their mainframes. LOL! :)
  • meadalemeadale Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hopefully, we'll get Kobali Prime fixed as well!
  • mattdoodymattdoody Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm unable to patch. I know the game is currently down but im usually atleast able to patch before hand.
    Anyone else getting the 'Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to Account Server' error?
  • ironman7#2509 ironman7 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    1.) Why is it that Cryptic announced this notice less than 12 hours notice from the maintainence's start time? Very poor etiquitte of Cryptic!

2.) "Updated the binding, selling, and value rules on a number of pieces of "starter equipment" so that they all are Bind-on-Pickup, No Value, but may be sold or discarded freely."

Why would Cryptic do this, removing the ability to salvage those equipments? The old version is that I can salvage those to get raw materials and salvage parts. How can it be sold freely when it's "Bind-on-pickup" (it is my understanding that it tied to your character).

Either Cryptic has no idea what it does to this part, or Cryptic wrote this part very poorly which may be why it is not clear what this part means.
  • rogueassassinxrogueassassinx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Still no fix to "At The Gates" so progression of Kobali Crisis Act III / "Breaking The Wall" is still impossible.

This is going on 2 months or more. This is ridiculous.
  • cameldukiecameldukie Member Posts: 21 Arc User

what a wonderfull great thing.
    when the game goes online again, we can start the TFO again right away

oh wait, wait ... :|

Yeah, I was late to the event this go-round - but decided to do my 20th day of the event this morning over coffee with confidence that the event would not end until 1pm ET today. Even somewhat assumed there would be a patch that may start at the normal 10am ET... But oh, wait... Server will be down from 8:00am ET to 1:30pm ET... Here ends my grumbling. Ha.
    questerius wrote: »
    In this case it is most likely giving the servers the proverbial scrub and allowing the hamsters their monthly dose of sunlight before the winter event begins.

This. When maintenance times are longer than usual they are probably doing some kind of hardware maintenance. They could be upgrading components, replacing failing components, etc, all stuff that wouldn't appear in patch notes.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tibo#6800 tibo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hi gentlemans,

I have only one question as this event ship looks horibble to me just for me I think, for that reason I need to ask You to, will be able to get this Fek'Ihri Gok'tad Carrier [T6] to market for selling purpose ?

Thanks
    tibo#6800 wrote: »
    Hi gentlemans,

I have only one question as this event ship looks horibble to me just for me I think, for that reason I need to ask You to, will be able to get this Fek'Ihri Gok'tad Carrier [T6] to market for selling purpose ?

Thanks

Event ships are never tradeable.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ferroequusferroequus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    At least the game is still maintained and supported.

It could be 'Friday the 13th' instead. :#
  • skepticalelf#3611 skepticalelf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    5.5 hours? Wow! That is a long maintenance!

Yeah I know what you mean and it's just for a few changes!
  • skepticalelf#3611 skepticalelf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I was wondering when they'll fix the bug that removes all your traits. I've had this issue many times, it happens randomly, sometimes in missions and sometimes when you switch starships. It's really starting to become a bother. Sometimes I 've just finished equiping everything I go to save my loadout and when I start a mission poof! there go my traits. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for any info. :)
  • maximgorkiymaximgorkiy Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    You indicate that the TFO is best served cold until 12-03-20 at 07:00 pm, but switches off the servers at 02:00 pm? What is this?
    PC-Info
    MB: MSI MPG X570 GP 2.0
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Mem: Samsung DDR4 -2132 8GB (x2)
    Graph: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    System: Micrsft. Windows 10 Pro v.21H2
  • totte97totte97 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

This. When maintenance times are longer than usual they are probably doing some kind of hardware maintenance. They could be upgrading components, replacing failing components, etc, all stuff that wouldn't appear in patch notes.

Atleast they could inform us about it, no?

Also why not mentioning this maintenance earlier? I haven't seen anything until today. Is it so hard to go out a week in advance and tell the players about downtime and maintenance? But I guess it could be something urgent, but in that case write what you are doing! It can't be so hard!

Those tree things as mentioned:
    - Resolved an issue that could sometimes prevent progression during the TFO, “Best Served Cold”, during the final phase.
    - Updated the binding, selling, and value rules on a number of pieces of "starter equipment" so that they all are Bind-on-Pickup, No Value, but may be sold or discarded freely.
    - Decreased the size of the Phase Pistol.

Can't possibly take this much time to fix? Just be straightforward and just say what you are doing and whats going on

PLEASE!...

• You can make the phase pistol the size of a bazooka for all I care. But, it would be nice to change my BOFF uniforms again. I'm not trying to change their species. Maybe you could fit that into your marathon maintenance.

WOW!!! I thought this was just happening to MY ACCOUNT. I keep getting the design reject with the message I am not able to change the species.

5.5 hours is nothing considering the use that is going to begin as the holiday/winter/weekend events begin. But.....ummmmmm........how about y'all take an EXTRA HOUR so we can change the uniforms of our BOFFs NOT their species indeed!
    LLAP
    The Stunning Mask
    Become a LTS!
  • johnjharrisonjohnjharrison Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    mattdoody wrote: »
    I'm unable to patch. I know the game is currently down but im usually atleast able to patch before hand.
    Anyone else getting the 'Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to Account Server' error?

The Patchserver is online now ;)
    You indicate that the TFO is best served cold until 12-03-20 at 07:00 pm, but switches off the servers at 02:00 pm?
    What is this?

A Feature ;)

This discussion has been closed.