test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Here is how we "Could" play Fed ships on KDF side or vice versa

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Devs make a new patrol to Hijack a Fed ship, when the patrol is over the Reward is you get to select a Fed ship from your Roster. this patrol would be available to anyone but if you are on Fed side you have to Hijack a Klingon ship and then you get to pick the KDF ship you want to play. Then once you Hijacked all the ships in your roster it is repeatable via normal patrol rewards... Just my solution to the whole cross faction ship idea for all ships.
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I think the Khitomer Alliance should allow all faction ships to be formally used by anyone, no need for raids. At the same time make the AFS prefix universal, here you go.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think the Khitomer Alliance should allow all faction ships to be formally used by anyone, no need for raids. At the same time make the AFS prefix universal, here you go.

Fair enough, I was just trying to make it interesting. :)

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @bcstar said:
    > Fair enough, I was just trying to make it interesting. :)

That's also fine :) I just wanted to chime in and say that basically they don't need a justification any more. I personally think once the Titan 'beta test' is over they'll simply unlock all ships for everyone.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That would be nice. We get to fly other ships in the Federation, the Klingons are part of an alliance, we should be able to trade ships with them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    This would remove my need to spend money on the game. Anyone can already fly KDF or Fed ships, just make a character for that faction. If you actually wanted to fly a particular ship, you'd have already done that.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    echatty wrote: »
    That would be nice. We get to fly other ships in the Federation, the Klingons are part of an alliance, we should be able to trade ships with them.

This has just brought about another genius idea, Ferengi's should be like the ship "Rental Salesman" Between the Klingons and Fed's but to make it interesting people could rent there ships out as a commodity for Dil, as a short term on if someone wants to invest in said ship they do not own yet. I am not sure if anyone has noticed but this game is pumping with people. if i dare say new people to boot. Comparatively speaking i been jumping over to SWTOR and its quiet there, and there options for "Store Items" feels really lackluster in comparison. Take for instance right now at 5:42 am ish not a lot of people in SWTOR compared to now in STO. But again I am way out in left field in saying that we could have some type of roster to loan ships to friends or people that are in our roster for a type of Dilithium sink. just a thought, LOL

EDIT: oh and the part of Dilithium we receive for renting out our ships is 25% where the other 75% is going to cryptic

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    echatty wrote: »

True, and there is even precedent for it in shows since the NCC-55817 version of the USS Constellation was shown to be an Orion Wanderer light cruiser that was apparently bought by Starfleet. The ship was in several episodes of TNG and later in DS9 though they only ever showed the diagram of it (in DS9 they had the graphic upside-down which was rather amusing) since they never built a model to show it from the outside.

Here is a copy of the information screen about the Constellation that Data was looking at during Conspiracy:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/6/61/USS_Constellation_NCC-55817.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151101201142
This discussion has been closed.