What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Exchange is to High at 453

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The lowest its ever been was absolute rock bottom. I can't recall if it was always 25:1 at the lowest, I think it started at 50:1 being the lowest rate, but when dilithium was introduced, that is where the exchange rate was. There were far fewer ways to earn it, and there was no established supply. 8k refinement cap was something you really had to work for.
  • Options
    livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    when it comes to MMO's, when the devs try to control the in-game economy it always ends in disaster. Them trying to control the dil exchange would cause more problems that it would help. best to leave it alone and go with the flow.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • Options
    bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    I think the exchange should just be left to do its thing.

I really agree with this guy ^ if it tanks it tanks if it explodes oh well let it go above and beyond imo and get rid of the cap
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Dilithium sink idea, use dry dock to rent out ships for Dil, say you have a rare ship someone wants a trait from well put it DD and rent it out where it becomes a commodity and you earn 25% of the rental, 75% goes back to cryptic.

Edit: Subsequent to that once the trait unlocks it gets returned to your dry dock completing the rental gear is left in the renters Escro in ESD or where ever.

• Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    starmanj wrote: »
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Lowest price I have ever seen was very low 80's many many years ago (think early-mid 2013)

Yes that what I was talking about LOL your a Older timer too.

You JUST changed the story from one post up and you think nobody else would have noticed?!? That 100 is some fictional number you made up that YOU and YOU think is fair that basically nobody else agrees with...even the people who want zen.

No not really think about it $1.00 = 1 Zen than 100 Dilithium = 1 Zen. and that is what it should worth.

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Lowest price I have ever seen was very low 80's many many years ago (think early-mid 2013)

You JUST changed the story from one post up and you think nobody else would have noticed?!? That 100 is some fictional number you made up that YOU and YOU think is fair that basically nobody else agrees with...even the people who want zen.

No not really think about it $1.00 = 1 Zen than 100 Dilithium = 1 Zen. and that is what it should worth.

Actually, the price of zen in the USA comes out to $1=100 zen. So a standard T6 ship is $30 for me since I live in the US.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User

Actually, the price of zen in the USA comes out to $1=100 zen. So a standard T6 ship is $30 for me since I live in the US.

*cries in bad currency*
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

And this is based on what?

Research into the value vs. time proposition of earning Zen? Studies of player habbits and how they like to play? Extensive polls of the player base cultivated with real world metrics?

Oh that's right.. you pulled it out of your backside and just said it should be that way. Well, by all means.. lets make this happen! :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Really it's 100 Zen per $1 as a base before Bonuses.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The zen to dil might have had a baseline of 100 dil to 1 zen but that would only be a theoretical value before being shoved into the realms of supply and demand. And in that realm cryptic might not have direct control over the exchange but they can certainly influence it heavily as was seen last year when it capped out due to back to back to back promos and whatnot which eventually led to the phoenix box being taken off its limited time status.

The recent bump is due to a smaller glut of promotions but this time they can't easily coax it back down as the only method in game to do so is phoenix and as thats already out its box there's nothing left to prevent the dilex hitting cap and staying there.

They need a hard counter to entice the number down but the greedonomic policy of the company won't allow them to make one.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

Yes you are correct my bad but I guess I pulled that out of may backside too
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It was pointed out when the vanity shields first appeared in gamble boxes (by myself and others) that they would be better served being sold for dil on a per character basis rather than being buried under the insanity of a chance of a chance in gambleboxes. To get one you need to not only combat the trash drops and roll a weapon box but also have that box then roll the shield.

A steady stream of fairly simple but fun cosmetics would keep the dilex under a bit more control, assuming of course they weren't greedonomically priced like the cosmetics the dil store had which were priced to make their sales figures look like it was a failure.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    For anyone looking for a lower price of Zen/Dil Ratio, I recommend playing on the playstation current prices are floating around 227-231 Dil per 1Z so there are options out there might want to consider that... just a bit of food for thought.

EDIT: Current Exchange on PS4 as of 8:01 PM PST

https://flic.kr/p/2kdf2HL
    Post edited by bcstar on

This discussion has been closed.