test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Sweet! Thanks for posting, Som!!

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Always wanted to play around with those. Will suit my Tricobalt build really well.
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    And the question still remains, will it ever be possible to use the console that comes with that ship on other Fek'Ihri ships? Why should that be locked to one single ship?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

According to the STO Twitter the T5 Kar'Fri, the S'kul fighters and the Fer'jai fighters, will be made cross faction.

wow. might as well lets klinks fly connies now.

so much for faction only...

hey cryptic! just make all ships cross faction already. might as well ruin it for everyone. i know its t5, but still...ugh.

My thoughts exactly. Might as well get rid of factions all together.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

According to the STO Twitter the T5 Kar'Fri, the S'kul fighters and the Fer'jai fighters, will be made cross faction.

hey cryptic! just make all ships cross faction already. might as well ruin it for everyone. i know its t5, but still...ugh.

That will be next.....

• nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

I know. one of the coolest KDF ships now available for everyone
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User

I am willing to bet that will be the announcement at anniversary time that they said will upset a bunch of people.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I suggested a year ago that they could make it available for all factions.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I all honesty, despite being a Klingon fanbois, I don't have an issue with feddybears getting the Fek'lhri stuff as they are not really KDF. It's fitting the traditional enemies of the empire fly the ships of our ancient enemies.

I keep predicting it, feddybear only HMS Bounty Klingon legendary bird of prey will arrive soon.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    howtor wrote: »

I am willing to bet that will be the announcement at anniversary time that they said will upset a bunch of people.

If they did that, I can guarantee I'd never spend another cent on this game.

I really don't like giving the T5 Kar'fi to Feds. I don't like a T6 Kar'fi for Feds either, not when KDF have wanted a T6 Kar'fi forever, with plenty who were very willing to spend money on it, and there are other Fek'ihri ships that can be done and released for all.

I'm begrudgingly giving them a pass on this because of the Titan.

What I don't understand is why Feds should get access to the T5. Why when there is a T6 now? You want them to have access to the pets. put them in the Dil store if you own the T6.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Why should cryptic get a pass because they messed up the ownership tags on the titan? With their track record towards the KDF I'd be amazed there wasn't several flashing warning notices and an appearance from clippy asking if they were sure that they wanted the ship to be available to the klinks.

The only reason it didn't get it removed was it'd be too much of a risky hassle for them to try and excise the ship from the accounts of those who had it.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I don't know why you guys still pretend there are factions and get upset over it. At this point you are simply upsetting yourself artificially.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I don't know why you guys still pretend there are factions and get upset over it. At this point you are simply upsetting yourself artificially.

Because if Cryptic has given up on the factions, then they've given up on the core identities and differences of those factions, which is what makes Starfleet be Starfleet and what makes the KDF be the KDF. That means they've given up on the IP, and worse, CBS has allowed it.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    "We are the Federation. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

Because if Cryptic has given up on the factions, then they've given up on the core identities and differences of those factions, which is what makes Starfleet be Starfleet and what makes the KDF be the KDF. That means they've given up on the IP, and worse, CBS has allowed it.

They have abandoned factions. I don't know what you are holding on to, faction exclusive content will not be developed any more. The announcement was made years ago. PvP is not supported any longer because very few people wanted it. The game's story puts all factions in a tight alliance and, via a glimpse in the future, we already know it's going to become the galactic union.

Everything that is unique to the 'factions' is the UI and the tutorial missions. But this has been the case for a long time now.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User

Did you know that the Kar'fi is not actually a Klingon ship? It's neither designed nor build by Klingon shipwrights; the ones you see in service are supposed to have been captured from the Klingons' ancient enemy, the legendary (and demonic) Fek'Ihri.

Are the Feds incapable of capturing a Fek ship?

(It's basically the same reasoning that permits the Klinks to access the T5 and T6 ships built by the Risians and Breen - they're not from Fed shipyards, why should the Ferengi not sell them to everyone?)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png

Everything that is unique to the 'factions' is the UI and the tutorial missions. But this has been the case for a long time now.​​

And their unique ships.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

and again...WTF is this on another platform for telling people and not the official forums? why the eff do we need to find this TRIBBLE out in other places?

I do most wholeheartedly agree.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    With Fek'lhri ships being Winter Event cross faction... it kinda makes sense I guess.
    Maybe the Kar'fi Catfish is going to get a model revamp too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    With Fek'lhri ships being Winter Event cross faction... it kinda makes sense I guess.
    Maybe the Kar'fi Catfish is going to get a model revamp too.

Fek'ihri ships wouldn't be a thing without the KDF and the ideas behind the Klingon mythology, though. Without the Afterlife arc, there would be no Fek'ihri with a mysterious tie in to the H'urq, no Kar'fi at all, and no reason to bring them back as anything at all in the Gamma quadrant arc nor in the winter events.

So instead of someone new to the game wondering why the Kar'fi is conspicuously a KDF only Fek'ihri ship, they never have a reason to learn about the history of the Fek'ihri and how they even came to be a part of the game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It was a Lend-Lease deal for the Titan. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    So do we still believe letting Klingons get the Titan was a “bug”?

Cross-faction Klingon bundle coming soon [tm]...
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Factions died years ago. However, they will make it official during the Year of the NOT SO Klingon ;)
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I do kind of get the feeling that "Year of the Klingon" was/is intended to be a 'last hurrah' for the KDF before they get merged into a singular faction with the Federation.
This discussion has been closed.