test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding the most Iconic roll in Star Trek

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Where the Heap is a Shatner Cameo Story? Seriously! I would well, like, why?? Not?? Shatner??
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Ask him, Cryptic cannot legally do anything involving Shatner without his approval.
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    He doesn't want to do it, its that simple and will probably never change.
  • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    The most iconic rolls for me in Star Trek are either Geordi leaving engineering as the door comes down, or Kirk after drop kicking the Gorn in the chest.

Sorry.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'm making some iconic rolls for our T-giving feast. Bread machine makes making the dough really easy.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Didn't Kirk cameo as a face down NPC in one of the TOS Missions?
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    Didn't Kirk cameo as a face down NPC in one of the TOS Missions?

haha yeah not exactly a Cameo, but. i was hoping for at least a few lines and some dramatic Action foot work.
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    If William Shatner ever gives his approval and it doesn't cost an arm and an leg then I'm sure he'll be added.
    If either of those is missing then the show is off.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    alonar wrote: »
    He doesn't want to do it, its that simple and will probably never change.

I'd be surprised if that was the case, I've got the impression over the years that he'll do almost any part for money. I think it's more likely that he wants to charge an outrageous fee for it, putting him way outside Cryptic's budget.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Must have been the ... "professional" way they approached him...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Remember, Kirk was teaching roll techniques in 'Charlie X'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Wasn't the most iconic role actually Spock anyway?
    > @spacehermit said:
    > Wasn't the most iconic role actually Spock anyway?

One can argue who of the main trio was the "most iconic", there no clear anwser to that.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I agree with Space Hermit. Roddenberry envisioned Kirk as the hero—finding the balance between his “Bones” of passion and his Vulcan of heartless logic. But Spock’s story of an alien in search of his “humanity” became the prevailing theme of TOS and TNG via Data.

Star Trek is generally best when it inverts our expectations—Quark can give something away, Odo can look the other way, Spock shows his heart.

And Nemoy’s commitment saved the franchise..if he didn’t come back for WOK and successfully direct Search for Spock...Star Trek would not have made it to 2020.

Plus Spock is probably the most portrayed character—although Worf probably still has the greatest number of appearances.

Captain Worf in Picard season 2 please!
    Honestly I'm not sure if Dorn would be willing play Worf in live-action anymore, it's quite extensive make up and Dorn isn't a young man anymore and I can't see anyone else playing Worf as long as Dorn is alive.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    I agree with Space Hermit. Roddenberry envisioned Kirk as the hero—finding the balance between his “Bones” of passion and his Vulcan of heartless logic. But Spock’s story of an alien in search of his “humanity” became the prevailing theme of TOS and TNG via Data.

Star Trek is generally best when it inverts our expectations—Quark can give something away, Odo can look the other way, Spock shows his heart.

And Nemoy’s commitment saved the franchise..if he didn’t come back for WOK and successfully direct Search for Spock...Star Trek would not have made it to 2020.

Plus Spock is probably the most portrayed character—although Worf probably still has the greatest number of appearances.

Pretty sure he'd left starfleet by the picard time period.

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not sure if Dorn would be willing play Worf in live-action anymore, it's quite extensive make up and Dorn isn't a young man anymore and I can't see anyone else playing Worf as long as Dorn is alive.
    He's still pushing for a Captain Worf series. Don't know if he'd go through it for a one-shot appearance, though.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Pretty sure he'd left starfleet by the picard time period.

So had Seven of Nine, and that didn't stop them from shoehorning her in. Not that I'm objecting; Jeri Ryan is still a treat, and if anything more attractive now than she was back in the day.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Iconic Roll:
    french-bread-roll1-480x360.jpg

Sorry - not usually one to highlight poor spelling/grammar but this one did make me laugh (the word you are looking for is 'Role' - defintion: an actor's part in a play, film, etc.)

We need a Legendary Roll
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    > @fallenkezef#4581 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Pretty sure he'd left starfleet by the picard time period.

Not necessarily. Klingon lifespan is longer than humans—when not cut short in glorious battle!

Koloth and Kor were well over 100 in DS9 and carrying out blood-pact adventures.

Now would Worf knowingly work for broken Picard Starfleet? That is a harder question to answer.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,498 Arc User
    > (Quote)
    >

Not necessarily. Klingon lifespan is longer than humans—when not cut short in glorious battle!

Koloth and Kor were well over 100 in DS9 and carrying out blood-pact adventures.

Now would Worf knowingly work for broken Picard Starfleet? That is a harder question to answer.

Kang, Koloth, and Kor were all augment Klingons, while they do not get all the perks (and defective social skill wiring) that full augments do, they could have inherited the longer lifespan like the "defective" augment in Cold Station had the enhanced hearing and perhaps natural lifespan without the moral defects. The impression I got was that the unenhanced TNG style Klingons probably did not have much longer lifespans than humans of the time, but they never made any references to lifespan outside of those three augments so anything is possible.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    > (Quote)
    >

A truly honourable Klingon Empire under the reforms of Martok and Worf could be an interesting counterpoint to the corrupt and broken starfleet of Picard

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    A truly honourable Klingon Empire under the reforms of Martok and Worf could be an interesting counterpoint to the corrupt and broken starfleet of Picard

Well, Chang said it in KA:

The federation is a brittle alliance, and members are not brought in "naturally by conquest",
    but by diplomacy.

I guess if you've been conquered by honorable klingons you will never leave paradise.

Also, Shatner doesn't have any patience with fans or productions of Trek who won't meet the TOS-purist standard 1:1.
    As soon as just one little word or detail doesn't meet his stubborn view, he will just dismiss and block you.

If you want a decent horse though, he's your man.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    it's actually a combination of things.. he wants a boatload of money to be Kirk, and, Kirk HAS to be the hero of the story, which would not work well within an episode where the play is suppose to be the hero.it would have to be something along the lines of Trials and Tribbliations where the hero (Sisko and dax) save Kirk, but Kirk was the real hero in discovering the klingon spy and saving the day
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.