test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Phoenix Token Advice

steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
Just opened my daily freebie, and for the first time in the history of Phoenix Packs I have an Epic token.

Of the selection available at Epic tier, I only have the Bajoran Interceptor - of the rest, is there anything that you would particularly recommend me to choose (Fed Tac captain), either for the ship itself or any trait/console etc...

The other option is to exchange it for some Ultra Rares and pick up some of the T6X upgrades for future use.

All suggestions/input gratefully received,
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    Never spend an epic token to buy 2 ultra rares. Do some research on the wikia to see the traits consoles etc comes with the epic token ships. Bajoran inerceptor gives DOMINO it is among the best consoles and must haves in the game.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    True, the only time you might want to break down an epic would be if you already have everything useful from that level, and with the drop rate that would take a very long time. Also, there is no telling if and when they may decide to drop in something new like they did with the ultras (the X upgrades).
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Quick question, you get the daily prize pack from drozana station correct??
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    bcstar wrote: »

Yes
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    gaevsman wrote: »

Yes

Awesome Ty.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    They said they have the Interceptor.

I'd recommend the Lukari Ho'kuun for their healing console.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    echatty wrote: »
    They said they have the Interceptor.

I'd recommend the Lukari Ho'kuun for their healing console.

That's a nice one if you're going to be tanking or heal-boating.

Breen Plesh Tral Heavy Raider is nice automatic enemy debuff if you use an Aux2Bat build.
    True, the only time you might want to break down an epic would be if you already have everything useful from that level, and with the drop rate that would take a very long time. Also, there is no telling if and when they may decide to drop in something new like they did with the ultras (the X upgrades).

I've got all of the stuff from the original Events offered and the vast majority sits unused, beyond the Bajoran Interceptor's console, the Breen Plesh Tral's trait, and occasionally the Lukari Ho'kuun's console (helps if you care if the Maru lives for a certain number of rounds or I'm running a fragile boat). I don't think a lot of the stuff there would be worthwhile, and I would not recommend trying to buy out that store. Beyond the three ships listed, unless you fell in love with a ship's look besides, I would actually probably crunch down for the 4 T6-X tokens (It currently gives 2x T6-X tokens per UR, despite what the blog implies.) I did swap out a Gold for two URs into tokens this morning as I missed the cutoff last time. There seems little chance of more ships being added, with the past several Event ships going Mudds instead, so not much risk there, unless Cryptic throws a curve-ball.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    I've got all of the stuff from the original Events offered and the vast majority sits unused, beyond the Bajoran Interceptor's console, the Breen Plesh Tral's trait, and occasionally the Lukari Ho'kuun's console (helps if you care if the Maru lives for a certain number of rounds or I'm running a fragile boat). I don't think a lot of the stuff there would be worthwhile, and I would not recommend trying to buy out that store. Beyond the three ships listed, unless you fell in love with a ship's look besides, I would actually probably crunch down for the 4 T6-X tokens

Completely agreed.

If you're not getting one of those 3 ships, convert it to Ultra Rare. You can either upgrade some of your current ships or sell the Tokens on the exchange. None of the ships outside of the ones listed are worth the Epic unless you just really happen to like that ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    The Phoenix T6-X tokens are Bound to Account and can't be sold. Only the C-Store purchased ones can be sold on the Exchange, at least right now.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    If you want healing centric, get the Kobali Samsar for access to the Kobali core and the Regenerative Integrity Field. Another great one is the Lukari ship. Otherwise as to what is best for you will depend on what you want to do. Only thing we can really do is give generalized recommendations.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    The general consensus right now amongst veteran players is that unless you're missing one of the epic prize token ships and you really really want one, don't spend it because like with the Ultra Rare prize tokens, they might add in something unique or desireable to it later.

Epic tokens are one of the rarest items in the game. They're rarer than ANY lockbox or promo ship, and because of that its better to save them on the off chance later the devs add a unique ship that can't be obtained anywhere else(I'm genuinely surprised they haven't done this yet), or they'll add some other desireable item to the prizes you can turn it in for.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    If you want healing centric, get the Kobali Samsar for access to the Kobali core and the Regenerative Integrity Field. Another great one is the Lukari ship. Otherwise as to what is best for you will depend on what you want to do. Only thing we can really do is give generalized recommendations.

That is a good one, Kobali, I remember too for oh jeepers hull healing unless it got "nerfed" & I forgot.

It does seem like a phase Cryptic has grown out of in adding ships to the Phoenix list but one can never be sure with Cryptic.
  • sunsunkunsunsunkun Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    For the Epic Prize Token, without a doubt the Denarios Bajoran Interceptor because theres 2 very useful itens with this, the Console - Universal - D.O.M.I.N.O. and the Voice of the Prophets
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User

or Onna on Deep Space Nine
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    As someone who has them all and have flown them all at some point:

-=Anniversary=-
    Kobali Samsar - Excellent Warp/Sing Core with a very powerful clicky(basically a full shield heal for yourself and 24 nearby allies). Console was great, not as amazing now.
    Krenim Science Vessel - Torpedo and Console are part of interesting sets, but nothing particularly amazing here.
    Lukari Ho'kuun - Very potent Console for AoE survivability.
    Bajoran Interceptor - Console and Experimental Weapon are excellent.

-=Summer=-
    Ferengi Warship - Lots of interesting stuff, but nothing groundbreaking.
    Vorgon ships - These are kind of an all-or-nothing situation in my opinion. The Dread has a unique(3/5) weapon layout, but a lot of their toys are restricted. None of their traits are particularly amazing.

-=Winter=-
    Sarr Theln - The ship itself is quite good for carrier play. Trait is okay if you don't have anything better.
    Rezreth - Disappointingly underwhelming.
    Chel Boalg - Powercrept/unremarkable.
    Plesh Tral - Excellent Trait(for Aux2Bat builds); console is pretty good if you're running a Breen ship.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    If you're a one character player, then I'd probably spend it on a ship. Which one is up to you.

However the more alts you have, the less valuable those ships are, because they are character bound, and the more valuable the T6X tokens are because they are account wide.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    As a veteran player, I hate (with a passion) anything character bound. But man, if you could get those T6-X upgrades? That'd be nice to have... Just a thought...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    crm14916 wrote: »
    As a veteran player, I hate (with a passion) anything character bound. But man, if you could get those T6-X upgrades? That'd be nice to have... Just a thought...

You can buy them in C-Store

Players will also have the option to purchase Experimental Starship Upgrade Tokens directly from the C-Store, in singles or in a bundle.

· 1x Experimental Starship Upgrade Token for 1000z

· Bundle of 3x Experimental Starship Upgrade Tokens for 2000z
    do we need to turn all these in before end date or will the rep be there for some time after?

You can buy phoenix boxes and trade in tokens anytime. The boxes and their contents are available all the time. Any tokens you have in your inventory, just right click on it to go to store
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    only go for UR if you already have the ships from the Epic level. Since you only have 1 of those T6 ships, I would say get a carrier or any of the ships that come with a hanger. The Breen carrier is good or the Vorgon one. Thou the Breen carrier will limit you to fighters unless you have the T5/T6 Breen Raider ship.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    If you got a epic and nothing seems interesting now, getting an epic is rare.

So what I would do, if I see nothing I really want.. I would give the epic token protected status by right clicking on it, then saving it in the bank for later. You can re-use it at a later time.

Maybe then there will be something new you'd really want!
    To people that say save it.. what are you saving it for? Are you just banking it in case you later decide not to run a Summer or Winter Event?

The Last Epic I got, I broke it down without giving it a 2nd thought. I already have all the ships as account unlocks and saving it seems pointless. I understand it's rarity, but in my case it's a super rare item that I don't need and don't anticipate ever needing.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    To people that say save it.. what are you saving it for?

I do have a few in my bank, and as with every boxed single-unlock ship I'm banking it until I feel like opening them on a toon.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Awhile back I had created a Gorn toon specifically for my Ultra Rare to select that Voth Bulwark ship. Seemed like a good fit & I had kept it saved in my bank for a few moons prior to it.

I do think as Cryptic doesn't expand upon any of the Phoenix prospects, Ultra Rare & Epic, the decisions will become easier for more veteran players but will probably still be a weighty decision for newer players.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    To people that say save it.. what are you saving it for? Are you just banking it in case you later decide not to run a Summer or Winter Event?

yeah why save? it's a 1 time use per character ship. Not an unlock of any kind. You accidently dismiss the ship... can not reclaim. if you dont need, break it down to get the T5s... or a shame to break it down for upgrade tokens thou, but thats the next best thing. Even if you skip an event... all you can do is get 1 ship for 1 toon.
    For me personally the only ship i might consider out of the lot is the Nandi, tired of collecting sets of consoles on 3-4 different ships. my advice? Get a few ships you really enjoy, and break the tokens for upgrades with non rare ships. At least the upgrades are account wide per ship. That to me is worth more than a 1 toon 1 ship deal.

• steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Thanks all for your input.

I thought it over, looked at all the options and decided to break it down and get the T6X tokens.

Thanks to my Zen stipend from the LTS, an FSM from a Rep and a T6X token from this, I now have a T6X Fleet Titan without spending a penny (well, apart from the LTS which has long since paid for itself) and three T6X tokens to use elsewhere in my Fleet or for any future ships.

Ultimately, I feel this was the right way to go for me.
    steaen wrote: »
    Thanks all for your input.

I thought it over, looked at all the options and decided to break it down and get the T6X tokens.

Thanks to my Zen stipend from the LTS, an FSM from a Rep and a T6X token from this, I now have a T6X Fleet Titan without spending a penny (well, apart from the LTS which has long since paid for itself) and three T6X tokens to use elsewhere in my Fleet or for any future ships.

Ultimately, I feel this was the right way to go for me.

Good call.
This discussion has been closed.