test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Combat Targs

keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
This may upset some people but I am going to ask and express....

Why are not the Targs only playable by the Klingon faction or Klingon toons on Fed side?

This would have been a GREAT YoK special for the faction and race.

Missed aspect.
meh

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You will never see anything like this happen.

The bottom line is, the bulk of the player base plays Federation. They are not going to run a 3 week event with a prize that is not usable to the bulk of the player base, nor should they.

I am all for KDF getting more stuff, but cutting any faction out of the global event would not be well received, nor is it the right way to go.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Targ/Sehlat if they wanted to create Faction specific assets. Less work to not care.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    To be fair, when was the last time the Klingons got some unique ground stuff?

I'm thinking the Honor guard and MACO uniforms were the last time both major factions got something unique. Even the Iconian resistance reputation armour allows Federation players to wear a Klingon baldric. And that Nausicaan weapon from the episode where we discover K-13 is also available to everyone.

So this isn't really unexpected. Also because there are indeed very good reasons not to restrict stuff to what is, ultimately, a small part of the playerbase.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    And the Klingons just got access to the Titan (even if that was unintended).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I just wush we had customizable Targs, but I also agree it doesn't make sense to make faction exclusives any more. I am iffy about the ships, I'd like those to remain locked or at least make some cross-faction versions with a khitomer alliance skin, but not allow regular skinned versions to jump the 'faction'
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I certainly would not object however to seeing a new lockbox, lobi, or C-Store ship that was KDF only.

I definitely am on board with the idea that the KDF need more stuff, the only part I disagreed with was that the global event reward would ever be faction specific. I know your intent OP, and I am with you on that 100%. :smile:
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

they removed this after patch.

They made the ship unavailable via the free T6 event coupon, they did not remove Klingon access to it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I remember Dark saying something about it not being fixed in a thread about the Titan. Therefore I figured when they removed access via the T6 coupon that the Klingons would still have access to it.

Also there's a blog about the rebels making off with some, so they 'fixed' relations with Klingons by offering it to Klingon captains.

Now you just need to pay for it or wait till it drops off the 'New' list to get one for your KDF.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or use your 50% off Tokens, which I was going to do, before the 100% off kerfuffle.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    The blog says:
    "The Targ of Gre’thor has been designed to synergize with the recently-introduced Nanopulse War Targ combat pet, available as the Event Reward from the “Best Served Cold” TFO Event. If you have both of these Combat Pet devices equipped, and activate either, you will receive a short-duration version of the other pet simultaneously!"
    What if I equip both on separate BOffs? If one activates the critter, then the other does, will there be 4 targs running around? Or just 2 because they aren't grouped together?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    bergins wrote: »
    The blog says:
    "The Targ of Gre’thor has been designed to synergize with the recently-introduced Nanopulse War Targ combat pet, available as the Event Reward from the “Best Served Cold” TFO Event. If you have both of these Combat Pet devices equipped, and activate either, you will receive a short-duration version of the other pet simultaneously!"
    What if I equip both on separate BOffs? If one activates the critter, then the other does, will there be 4 targs running around? Or just 2 because they aren't grouped together?

I haven't tried equipping them on Bridge Officers yet, I'll have to try that, but I did take a spin around Kobali today with the 2 Targs on my captain..

These things are fun! :smiley:

When you summon one, the second one comes in and it puts your second one on a cooldown. But both the summons last longer then the cooldown so when the 2nd one comes off cooldown you hit it again and you can have 4 of them on the field. I put them on my Drone Engineer and he had all his drones and 4 Targs out.. that was pretty cool to watch.

I have read some complaints from others that they die quickly, but for some reason I have not had this issue. Perhaps it was because with all the drones as well, the sheer number of targets just divided all the attacks away from the Targ. The Event Targ clearly does far more damage then the C-Store one that sometimes just seems to stand there and look cool.

When I get some time later, I'll have to try by equipping them on BoFF's, but if it does work, I suspect they would both have to be equipped on the same officer.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    The klingons have this dog from the mission Manhunt. It is a combat pet. Now if you have the walker, the dog and the targ, equip it on your boffs, you have complete mini army.
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I have the event Targ, the walker, the Furidon, and on my KDF chars the snow dog. It makes a nice lil army, lol.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Did Cryptic ever enlighten us as to why the Store combat-pet Targ was double the price of the other combat-pets from a livestream or on a social media posting or Cryptic just evading & ignoring the question?

Would be nice to know, & possibly cool, if one has both, Event & Store Targs, & placed on different BOFFs how they operate.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User

Only the basic non-fleet variant. There's been no acknowledgement or further info about KDF access to the fleet variant as of yet, sadly.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.