test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

::RED ALERT:: ((Name Removed ~ Fleet Bank Robber))

vgdn6#4684 vgdn6 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
FYSA:

<<Name Removed>>

Heads Up .,., a player joined my fleet three months ago, participated & contributed often. Eventually was promoted to a higher position allowing minimal access to the Fleet Bank. The tabs he did have access to consisting of epic traits, kits, & consoles he took everything. Upon discovering this I attempted to reach out to him to address same but apparently was already on his ignore list, leaving me to assume his intentions were malicious.

Therefore, kicked from fleet & sharing with community to be on the watch so that this player doesn't do the same to your fleets.

Happy Hunting!!

Mes

-- BREAK --

Modified Post to remove name IOT protect the sensitive. My Bad.
Post edited by vgdn6#4684 on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Just a heads up but naming and shaming is against the rules, while I can't personally do anything about a mod will remove it, if you got evidence of this persons actions take it up with support, posting this won't help you.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for the info OP but it is not really needed.

You mentioned the security measures yourself already. Just see to it to keep an open eye and common sense who you grand what level of trust.

Perhaps I’m a bit spoiled by the communities I’m in as they happen to be the best group of people a player could wish for.
    Still, I'm sorry for your experience. There are a lot of sick peaople in STO for sure.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Naming and Shaming is against forum rules.
    Best to just take your evidence and contact other Fleet Leaders.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Are these items you describe in the Fleet Bank or items availible through the Fleet Holdings? If the former then ????

Did he contribute more than Expertise and Prisoners to the Fleet?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Please send me information via forums PM. That's low and happens once in a while with thieves.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Can you send me the persons handle in a game mail if possible so I can pass it on to a couple of people in the one fleet group I am in to warn them. Also was this on PC or Console if on console you can disregard sending the handle.

handle @maniac20#5251
  • vgdn6#4684 vgdn6 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Evening,

Starcruiser & Maniac20 ~ sent you both DM with what you requested. Please feel free to reply should you need anything further.

ltminns ~ Items I referred to in my original post were of 'Epic' quality, some of which acquired from Lockboxes. Furthermore, if you're suggesting items from fleet holdings, I'm assuming you mean fleet vendors ~ then, No. As to answer whether this player contributed more than expertise & prisoners to the fleet ~ All I can tell you is how long he was a part of the fleet which was since Aug., and during that time he accumulated Fleet Credits based on contributions. I cannot tell you exactly what he directly contributed towards; i.e., EC, Dil, DoFFs, FMs, etc.

Finally, I believe it is necessary to convey to all continuing interested participants of this thread that my original post began with "FYSA" meaning, 'For Your Situational Awareness'. Initially, it did contain the alleged user's name and @-handle but, I modified the post removing same IOT appease to those claiming 'Name-Shame'. I do however, appreciate the additional recommendations suggesting I submit my concern with support to which I already had with appropriate screen shots of vaults alongside detailed storage logs.

Bottom line, my FYSA was not intended to 'Name-Shame' anyone as a consequence of their actions or lack thereof; but instead, bring to light the type of behavior from one that is operating amongst our community. As far as I'm concerned, if any shame is to blame then he unfortunately brought that upon himself. I'm only attempting to share my experience within this community so that other Fleets do not have to endure what I have and exercise appropriate vault permissions IOT mitigate such unfortunate acts. As far as the items missing .,., well, I hope he has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

My fleet on the other hand will indeed continuing prospering as it has, as all vaults in question have already been fully replenished with updated Epic materials; some of which, much better and more diversified than previously stored.

As you may see from my post count, I rarely do but, thought this was relevant enough to share with all of you. I've played this game since its inception and have enjoyed it immensely. Have come across many players who've helped in many ways which I believe to have made my experience with STO that just more valuable. That said, I honor all those who possess a vested interest not only in this game itself for personal experiences but, for the members we play alongside. Malicious acts such as this affects a collective which requires attention once and while. If that requires posting a name with an @-handle to break some sort of forum rule and/or infuriate the 'Hall-Monitors' IOT provide you with the necessary information required to make further informed decisions ~ then my bad for posting, his mistake for bringing it upon himself.

Please feel free to DM me directly thru 'Arc' should anyone have any additional concerns regarding this action as this will be my last post on this thread as it pertains to this matter.

Happy Hunting!!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    These threads never end well, plus name and shame is against the rules. If folks wish to reach out to the OP and discuss how to help their fleet, then that's between you and the OP. otherwise /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.