test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are your "Go To" Missions for gearing a new character?

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
There are three missions in particular I run when gearing a fresh character, First one is Dyson Sphere first mission on repeat until I get that set, Second one after that is Future Proof, first and second missions on repeat for those sets. After that those sets can carry you to end game, or up grade them to max and your set for gear. Anyone else have any missions they like running to gear characters? I wouldn't mind hearing what others do! Thanks!
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    I don't really need anything for a leveling character anymore. Maybe the obelisk core and ancient omni for an antiproton boost, but that's about it.

Nice, I enjoy doing the missions for the set rewards especially with OCD, I tend to want to get the sets as early as possible because all of them upgrade for free until Rank Xll. to which is also nice, But like most people these days some of us are getting that point we can almost claim all our gear for alts. :)

westmetals wrote: »
    for phaser beam builds: Sunrise, Beyond the Nexus, Everything Old is New*, Scylla and Charybdis, Of Signs and Portents (for phaser relay consoles only)
    * Everything Old is New for filler weapons only; if you own and can claim/strip the (Tier 1) TOS Enterprise or the Legendary Discovery Constitution, it can be dropped in favor of the weapons from those ships.

for disruptor beam builds: Echoes of Light, Brushfire, Scylla and Charybdis

Wow thanks for the list. I Have been looking at all the missions I have seen so far on future Proof, I Really like the three sets a lot, and for the 4th set along the same story line for ground combat i might have to grind it out for me and all my officers haha!

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    There decent( ish) phaser/disruptor console from episode Shon sacrifies the Aquarius to stop an Undine planetkiller from destroying Qu'nos though the name of episode escapes me atm.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Yeah, it gives a console that gives +13% or on both phaser and disruptor in addition to torp and rad damage boosts, though the torp boost is just for photon torps.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Beyond the Nexus. It has a very nice set for phasers and it's the quickest episode in the game, at like 10 minutes.

Also like to do Home, for the Chwhatzit Swarmer
  • varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User

You forgot about Blood of Ancients (tedious, and annoying mission) for Resonant Disruptor set.

@OP: There is also Polaron set (quite decent) from: Time and Tide
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The 3 pice set from the mission "Home" often finds itself on high end polaron, epg and/or kinetic builds.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    varethael wrote: »

You forgot about Blood of Ancients (tedious, and annoying mission) for Resonant Disruptor set.

@OP: There is also Polaron set (quite decent) from: Time and Tide

Awesome Thanks for this!

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Interesting question, as I am currently "re-making" a toon.
    As others have said, for phaser, you definitely want to get Sunrise's "Quantum Phase Catalysts" 3 piece of beam, torpedo and console. A good ship set is in the follow up Stormbound.
    discojer wrote: »
    Beyond the Nexus. It has a very nice set for phasers and it's the quickest episode in the game, at like 10 minutes.

Also like to do Home, for the Chwhatzit Swarmer

Oh yes, that is an excellent mission. Very good set, and can be done in no time.

Another good set is the Solonae set, though I must advise that the episode "Step Between Stars" is long and tedious. That said, you can also get a decent spacesuit from that mission.

Time and Tide is a must for a good polaron space weapon set.

The Romulan Imperial Navy set is a good ground set from the "Uneasy Allies" episode. The episode Survivor also has a good ground set.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    I still play all missions from start to end when making a new character. I don't like to limit myself to repeating the same few missions, and then complain about lack of content like i've seen others do. I still enjoy the entire game. :p

Then again, I also got all the bonus stuff from the recruitment events, and all the unlocked featured event items... And a whole bunch of store items unlocked. So I don't really have to care about sets until I hit max level, since I am not really low on gear for leveling, I got stuff I can just select, and then delete and re-select every time I hit a new rank to have the highest available gear for my character at that rank.
    So yeah, it isn't until I hit max level/rank I gotta give my character its unique gear and build, to make them special from previous characters I have.

Old lifetimer thats played since closed beta, not missed a single event... got a whole bunch of XP bonuses and buffs.. tons of unlocked gear thats ready to use almost right off the bat on new characters. And leveling doesn't take long.
    Guess I am the wrong person to ask about starting a new character... since its a diffrent experience for me. XD
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I usually grab the armor console from Ragnarok. Time and Tide also has the good admiralty card even if you don't want the set.
    edited November 2020
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    I still play all missions from start to end when making a new character. I don't like to limit myself to repeating the same few missions, and then complain about lack of content like i've seen others do. I still enjoy the entire game. :p

Then again, I also got all the bonus stuff from the recruitment events, and all the unlocked featured event items... And a whole bunch of store items unlocked. So I don't really have to care about sets until I hit max level, since I am not really low on gear for leveling, I got stuff I can just select, and then delete and re-select every time I hit a new rank to have the highest available gear for my character at that rank.
    So yeah, it isn't until I hit max level/rank I gotta give my character its unique gear and build, to make them special from previous characters I have.

Old lifetimer thats played since closed beta, not missed a single event... got a whole bunch of XP bonuses and buffs.. tons of unlocked gear thats ready to use almost right off the bat on new characters. And leveling doesn't take long.
    Guess I am the wrong person to ask about starting a new character... since its a diffrent experience for me. XD

heh wish i was dedicated like this when I first got my lifetime... But I have played many many games other than this one. However any advice on where to get a Warp Engine or Singularity from a mission? That is about the only thing missing out of the Future Proof episode unless there is one in Ragnarok. I haven't done that mission yet.

Edit: I might get the Event buy out for the guts of the ship on the 16th, cant decide if its worth it or not, yeah it would be nice to just equip them on any new character. BUT so much other things I have my eye on, plus I really like the sets from missions. Tough choice I am sure in the future however there could be a Mudds market set for them. was looking at Mudds weapon set would round out my ship needs. but then I would probably not have a reason to do the missions then and get really bored LOL!!
    Post edited by bcstar on

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    A couple other space weapon sets, if you fancy disruptor and/or tetryon.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Preserver_Resonant_Technologies_Set

You can also get these, for those that fancy Disruptor flavoured weapons. =) Blood of the Ancients is the ep you want for those.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Krenim_Temporal_Manipulation

And you can get those from Butterfly, if you like tetryon flavoured weapons.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »

Most gear you get nowadays will upgrade for free. Just put it in the upgrade window. No need to delete and reselect.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    I've tried to get as many event prizes as I can, so I can outfit a new toon with a lot of stuff that's reclaimable. I have the Revolutionary ship set, several different weapons and torpedoes, consoles, etc. Also have ground weapons. About the only thing I don't have is personal shields and armor, of which I can craft those. Ground combat pets help a lot too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I've tried to get as many event prizes as I can, so I can outfit a new toon with a lot of stuff that's reclaimable. I have the Revolutionary ship set, several different weapons and torpedoes, consoles, etc. Also have ground weapons. About the only thing I don't have is personal shields and armor, of which I can craft those. Ground combat pets help a lot too.

If you don't have shields, the Sompek shields were a perma unlock in the phoenix store when I got them a while back, and then you can get them in the reclaim, as well as the gloves, and the blast assault weapon. The other weapon which I think is a VR token isn't perma unlock, but all of that may have changed since then.
    Oh yeah, you're right! I do have the Sompek shield and weapons. Thanks for reminding me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    In the future proof arc I do Ragnarok for the Trellium-D console, and if I plan to run gravity wells, the Temporal Reckoning mission for Temporally Shielded Datacore. In the iconian war arc I do Delta Flight for the Polaric Modulator. Those are the missions I do on all characters for the consoles.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Also, I try to do 'Facility 4028' for the Jem'Hadar Doffs. Opens up a number of Assignments having them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Also, I try to do 'Facility 4028' for the Jem'Hadar Doffs. Opens up a number of Assignments having them.

Nice! i been going through some missions to do a full Polaron build. so now I will run on all toons, "Time and Tide" "Home" and " Tenibris Tourquet " x4 for filler Polaron beams for the rest of the slots. the duel beams in "Doomed to Repeat" are not too shabby, but Tenibris is easier to get through if you have a lot of characters you want geared.

• kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

And don't forget the Jem Hadar Boff tactical (very nice boff), he comes with torp spread III
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Yeah, it gives a console that gives +13% or on both phaser and disruptor in addition to torp and rad damage boosts, though the torp boost is just for photon torps.

I think it's the Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay console. problem with it is it's a tac console, so you are losing phaser boost with it
    Spock.jpg

Oh yeah, you're right! I do have the Sompek shield and weapons. Thanks for reminding me.

Red Angel Armor says hi? Granted, main character only. Also, gamma vanguard pack comes with a nice EV suit...but it's once per character. But that's two armors!

I did play the event for the Red Angel armor. Don't have monies to get packs. But there are some missions that give out armor too. Off the top of my head is the purple armor you can get from Jabberwocky, I believe.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I have that, and the Kentari set from the mission you do on New Kentar. I was just helping out the OP with stuff I've done during my playing.

Also nice to see what other people do for their new toons.

Red Angel Armor says hi? Granted, main character only. Also, gamma vanguard pack comes with a nice EV suit...but it's once per character. But that's two armors!

I did play the event for the Red Angel armor. Don't have monies to get packs. But there are some missions that give out armor too. Off the top of my head is the purple armor you can get from Jabberwocky, I believe.

Well, if you're just looking for purple armor, the Partisans mission is worth *3* of them (2 Polyalloy from loot boxes, and a Dampening from mission completion). There's also the Romulan Imperial Navy set from Uneasy Allies (Iconian War).

Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.