test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Exchange is to High at 453

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The Dilithium Exchange blew up cause of the MF'ing TITAN!! they put it as a ZEN ship and everyone is scramb... no... SCAMbling to corner the market, buy $300 of Zen and sell it for a EASY 12,000,000,000 Dilithium when the ship goes live, really should be happy that the market is capped at 500 cause some idiots would charge 8000 Dilithium per 1 ZEN if it was capped, give it 2 months and the stuff will go way down, then a new lockbox ship and drive the prices way up, in fact to get better equipped by earning as much dilithium as possible now and wait until the market crashes and buy ZEN, wait until the ZEN sky rockets and sweep us 1.7 million easy for doing nothing, then buy more ZEN at the market crash and repeat, you will NEVER complain about the prices then

This is one of the most horribly inaccurate and uninformed posts I have ever seen. A complete lack of understanding on how the Dilithium/Zen market works.

It's also the worlds longest run on sentence. Seriously dude.. if you're going to be THIS wrong, at least punctuate it. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The level of people not understanding economics is kinda scary.

If people are spending 100s to buy zen to sell for dil...guess what sweet pea, the price of zen would be going DOWN not up. The reason it's going up is not as many people are buying zen specifically to sell it OR more people want zen for the latest pack...or BOTH. What is most certainly NOT happening is people spending 100s to buy zen to sell.

Agreed. The reason Zen is so high is not because people are putting Zen in. Its because the DEMAND for Zen is through the roof. Hell... what was described is the exact OPPOSITE of how things work.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Kind of a shame with the current world as it is people just finding it to dang hard to afford the outrageous prices gaming companies seem to justify for the product that hasn't changed in what over 7 years? Not sure if any of these company's watched the news over the past 7 years but Wow!!! Things have changed for the most part, and not to better people's pocket book!
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    495 and goes up. cos no one need dilth, there are no stuff to spend it + black Friday coming. every bogy want zen
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    The higher it is, the more worth while it is for me to buy ZEN to sell at 500 DL to 1 ZEN. I will probably buy 10,000 ZEN over the weekend for this very reason and also pick up a couple of DO'ff expansion slots and some more Account Bank slots.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    The higher it is, the more worth while it is for me to buy ZEN to sell at 500 DL to 1 ZEN. I will probably buy 10,000 ZEN over the weekend for this very reason and also pick up a couple of DO'ff expansion slots and some more Account Bank slots.

Yes, but it it stays at 500 to 1 zen, how many people do you think are honestly going to fork over dilithium for you to sell your zen for?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png

Yes, but it it stays at 500 to 1 zen, how many people do you think are honestly going to fork over dilithium for you to sell your zen for?

Quite a lot still

Not me. I want the price to be much lower.

Quite a lot still

Exactly! Maybe it would even help those that don't like buying ZEN to actually buy ZEN with real money if they think the price in Dilithium is too steep.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    The rate peaked at 495:1, it seems to have dropped a bit now.

Quite a lot still

Exactly! Maybe it would even help those that don't like buying ZEN to actually buy ZEN with real money if they think the price in Dilithium is too steep.

FYI, I do not have the money to spend on the game so buying zen with money is out of the question for me., so most of everything I've gotten from the game has either been through events, exchanging dilithium or other opportunities such as giveaways.

If I had the money to spend, I'd have just about everything I wanted from the game. But I don't, so I have to do the best I can. I've been here almost 8 years now (since f2p launch in 2012) and I've made it this far on f2p stuff.

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Think back to the beginning of the a year here. The Dilex was down to almost 350 per. Then sale, sale, sale, sale, sale, sale, sale, sale, sale, well you get the picture.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

Quite a lot still

FYI, I do not have the money to spend on the game so buying zen with money is out of the question for me., so most of everything I've gotten from the game has either been through events, exchanging dilithium or other opportunities such as giveaways.

If I had the money to spend, I'd have just about everything I wanted from the game. But I don't, so I have to do the best I can. I've been here almost 8 years now (since f2p launch in 2012) and I've made it this far on f2p stuff.

There is nothing wrong with that and if anything, that is a good example as to why the Free to Play model does work in some circumstances. Whether the Exchange is 25 to 1 or 500 to 1 or some point in between. There seems to be plenty of people willing to part with their Dilithium for the higher prices, especially with a ZEN charge bonus and C-Store sale going on. When the sales end, things should start to drop a little until the holiday sales kick up again.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    its at 497 at this moment, quite close to cap
    edited November 2020

Quite a lot still

There is nothing wrong with that and if anything, that is a good example as to why the Free to Play model does work in some circumstances. Whether the Exchange is 25 to 1 or 500 to 1 or some point in between. There seems to be plenty of people willing to part with their Dilithium for the higher prices, especially with a ZEN charge bonus and C-Store sale going on. When the sales end, things should start to drop a little until the holiday sales kick up again.
    I started when the game went to FTP too, went LTM a couple of years later during one of the sales and I don't regret it. It's only been though running a dozen characters constantly refining dilithium that I've been able to convert useful quantities of Zen, which has become more difficult as of late. I've only been using it to purchase things such as ships and other account-wide items, very rarely have I bought keys unless they were part of a bundle.

The only time I've spent RW money is when an expansion pack has been on discount and I've purchased it directly, last time I did so was a couple of Black Fridays ago. I never buy Zen with real money, it's always been converted dilithium. The result is that I've acquired most of the ships in the store without committing to any one character, which poses its own set of challenges.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Looking forward to a Dil-Ex halt when Zen vanishes, and players and others begin to wonder why this is called Free to Play.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    Looking forward to a Dil-Ex halt when Zen vanishes, and players and others begin to wonder why this is called Free to Play.
    The worst thing they can do is raise the exchange cap unless they also raise the daily refining limit (and dil rewards) by a corresponding amount so things remain balanced. Of course that does nothing for existing dilithium stockpiles, especially since they removed the best rewards in the admiralty system.
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User

Why the Zen would ever vanish?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    daimon97 wrote: »

Why the Zen would ever vanish?

It won't.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Well whenever any new content comes out demand for Zen will spike, what's difficult to predict is by how much prices will rise. Because they were already high to begin with the profit margins from buying zen low to selling high weren't as high as they otherwise would have been.

Quite a lot still

I started when the game went to FTP too, went LTM a couple of years later during one of the sales and I don't regret it. It's only been though running a dozen characters constantly refining dilithium that I've been able to convert useful quantities of Zen, which has become more difficult as of late. I've only been using it to purchase things such as ships and other account-wide items, very rarely have I bought keys unless they were part of a bundle.

The only time I've spent RW money is when an expansion pack has been on discount and I've purchased it directly, last time I did so was a couple of Black Fridays ago. I never buy Zen with real money, it's always been converted dilithium. The result is that I've acquired most of the ships in the store without committing to any one character, which poses its own set of challenges.

I keep trying to stop myself from creating more characters because I am already overwhelmed with the ones I have. I have been hear and a Lifer since the headstart weekend. I played the open beta and enjoyed it enough to fork over for a Lifetime Subscription, which has more than paid for itself in stipend. I don't own everything in the game or anything close. There are a lot of ships I would like, the Universe Class being one of them, but it does come down to price for me. I own the Fed Legendary bundle because I thought that was worth it. I own the Mudd Temporal bundle as well because those ships I have enjoyed in this game quite a bit since they came out. I have spent my fair share of cash on T1-T5 ships but not too much on T6 outside of Legendary stuff and some of my favorite ships, like the T6 Vesta's and so on.

I think PWE missed an opportunity by not allowing the T6 100% off ship tokens to not be allowed on the Exchange. I would gladly buy a few if it meant I could sell them to get a Universe Class. Making billions of EC in this game isn't always easy and can be very time consuming. Although I have the time due to this pandemic mess, the back to back grinding really is a deterrent for me. I try to vote with my wallet when ever I can when it comes to ships and things. I am itching for a KDF Legendary bundle but unfortunately, it's still a few months away. The majority of my Dilithium goes towards Phoenix Boxes for Upgrade Tokens for gear and some for fleet projects and stuff.

Quite a lot still

I keep trying to stop myself from creating more characters because I am already overwhelmed with the ones I have. I have been hear and a Lifer since the headstart weekend. I played the open beta and enjoyed it enough to fork over for a Lifetime Subscription, which has more than paid for itself in stipend. I don't own everything in the game or anything close. There are a lot of ships I would like, the Universe Class being one of them, but it does come down to price for me. I own the Fed Legendary bundle because I thought that was worth it. I own the Mudd Temporal bundle as well because those ships I have enjoyed in this game quite a bit since they came out. I have spent my fair share of cash on T1-T5 ships but not too much on T6 outside of Legendary stuff and some of my favorite ships, like the T6 Vesta's and so on.

I think PWE missed an opportunity by not allowing the T6 100% off ship tokens to not be allowed on the Exchange. I would gladly buy a few if it meant I could sell them to get a Universe Class. Making billions of EC in this game isn't always easy and can be very time consuming. Although I have the time due to this pandemic mess, the back to back grinding really is a deterrent for me. I try to vote with my wallet when ever I can when it comes to ships and things. I am itching for a KDF Legendary bundle but unfortunately, it's still a few months away. The majority of my Dilithium goes towards Phoenix Boxes for Upgrade Tokens for gear and some for fleet projects and stuff.

Yes, but if you take the phoenix box out of the dil store, then it becomes like the GPL store, just kind of there for no reason. Other than maybe a specialization module here and there.

So they need to actually add a meaningful use for dil. Not just keep dong things to jack up the dilex. All that does is keep a lot of the dil/zen being recirculated. Because you have a lot of buy low, sell high players.

So until they add a meaningful dil use, say, a T6 coupon, or even a T5 coupon, you know, something people would actually go after. Then the problem will always be the same.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »

Quite a lot still

Yes, but if you take the phoenix box out of the dil store, then it becomes like the GPL store, just kind of there for no reason. Other than maybe a specialization module here and there.

So they need to actually add a meaningful use for dil. Not just keep dong things to jack up the dilex. All that does is keep a lot of the dil/zen being recirculated. Because you have a lot of buy low, sell high players.

So until they add a meaningful dil use, say, a T6 coupon, or even a T5 coupon, you know, something people would actually go after. Then the problem will always be the same.

Even Better Than a Straight up T6 Coupon, but rather a T6 coupon only your friends could use. So it could be more of a gift for friend or new players, and something a little more meaningful?

bcstar wrote: »
    Even Better Than a Straight up T6 Coupon, but rather a T6 coupon only your friends could use. So it could be more of a gift for friend or new players, and something a little more meaningful?

Something along those line, yes. I mean the outfits were a good idea. But, the max cost of 3000 zen at 500 dil is 1,500,000. The outfits that are in there, cost more than a T6 ship. So meaningful, also includes cost. I mean they could add lobi coupons to it. You know limited time, reoccurring items. LIke a Lobi costume coupon, or ship coupon. Do this every 3-4 months as a weekend sale type of thing. It's not going to hurt key sales, because of lockbox ships. But it will give the players another avenue with which to approach how they use dil, and helps the dilex prices. Because now you can use your dil to get zen, or items that can be sold for EC.

Mm5NeXy.gif
    bcstar wrote: »

Something along those line, yes. I mean the outfits were a good idea. But, the max cost of 3000 zen at 500 dil is 1,500,000. The outfits that are in there, cost more than a T6 ship. So meaningful, also includes cost. I mean they could add lobi coupons to it. You know limited time, reoccurring items. LIke a Lobi costume coupon, or ship coupon. Do this every 3-4 months as a weekend sale type of thing. It's not going to hurt key sales, because of lockbox ships. But it will give the players another avenue with which to approach how they use dil, and helps the dilex prices. Because now you can use your dil to get zen, or items that can be sold for EC.

To be honest the biggest fail that occurs when seeing Dil go to cap is simultaneously holding a store sale and a Zen sale... doesn't make it easy, if they do the sales 1 or the other, but not both at the same time. Not sure who is in charge of that but yeah...

Quite a lot still

I am all for more meaningful things to spend Dilithium on. That is why I pretty much only buy Phoenix Boxes is for the Upgrade things. There is nothing else in there that I want, need, or have any use for. The same goes for GPL. It needs to have more of a use than just the useless Dabo Tables for Holo-Emitters. Let us buy some useful fluff for it, like special ship skins or something.
This discussion has been closed.