test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FYI: You can currently use the event T6 ship discount token to buy the Titan

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but either way you can currently (as of this post) use the event-reward T6 ship discount token to buy the Titan. See this reddit post for most details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/jxruf3/psa_titan_can_be_bought_with_t6_ship_discount/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Oh, and you can apparently also claim the ship on your KDF characters too :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I wonder how they'll fix that one, will people who take advantage of it get to keep the ship on their klinks? I'm actually considering buying it now just because of that.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Can you equip and fly it too, as KDF? That would be a painful fix when they fix it.

Of course I'd actually buy it if KDF could use it.
    edited November 2020

Can you equip and fly it too, as KDF? That would be a painful fix when they fix it.

Of course I'd actually buy it if KDF could use it.

Yep, I just got it on my only klingon for the lulz, it's fully usable and customizable! It also has access to the Walker bridge for some reason.

Edit: just tried and Disco characters can claim it while still in the past as well!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    well, now we know how the bortasqu' gets summoned with that trait​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Just an FYI - we're not gonna fix this. Have fun. :)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Oh that is SO funny & SO awesome. Sort of a "hold my beer" power move to include the KDFs on this! After all it was suppose to have the most, or 1 of the most, diverse crews lol.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

Was this intentional and just not mentioned in the news post, or is it a legit bug that would be too embarrassing to have to fix?
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Not sure what to think of that, it sounds funny. As if Klingons hijacked and stole ships of this class

Picture people on Qo'nos orbit wondering how a Federation ship is there next to them
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    It's time that klingon can use fed ships and vice versa.

TOS in a bop. :*
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    If this was their intention from the beginning, I fear it may mean that we will see even fewer KDF/Rom/Dom ship releases in the future. They will say "You don't need faction equivalents, just go fly the Fed ship".
    garaffe wrote: »
    a legit bug that would be too embarrassing to have to fix?

I don't think it would be embarrassing, mistakes happen all the time. The logistics of fixing it would be crazy though, preventing klingons from claiming it in the future is easy enough but removing it from people who already claimed it? That would have the potential to break things, especially for people who logged their Klingon characters out while in space using that ship.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    If this was their intention from the beginning, I fear it may mean that we will see even fewer KDF/Rom/Dom ship releases in the future. They will say "You don't need faction equivalents, just go fly the Fed ship".

Not sure. I mean you can be right but it can also work the opposite way, as in if KDF ships are exposed to a bigger market it may be more to cryptic's (financial) benefit to release them too.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator

You should have seen me when I saw I got the Admiralty Card on a KDF... and then saw it was available in the C-Store on a KDF. So many WTFs. lol

So... Cryptic gonna spin this as another result of the Khitomer program between Fed and KDF for lore reasons? If so might have to patch in the AFS prefix as an option.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    From facebook:
    Star Trek Online

2 h ·
    BREAKING - Federation officials have confirmed that, in a daring raid, KDF splinter forces have captured a number of the new Titan Class ships. To avoid further strain on the Khitomer Alliance, Federation Officials have decided to send further Titans to any KDF Captains who wish.
    (To clarify: The T6 Titan can be purchased, claimed, and flown by Klingon Captains. Rather than fixing this, we're just going to roll with it. Congratulations on your new ship, Klingons. 🙂
    There may be MANY bugs with this. Consider yourself a beta tester if you do buy one.)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    ROFLMAO

And here I was thinking first ship after the Khitomer to be an Alliance design. Turns out it was just straight up stolen by renegades.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

You should have seen me when I saw I got the Admiralty Card on a KDF... and then saw it was available in the C-Store on a KDF. So many WTFs. lol

So... Cryptic gonna spin this as another result of the Khitomer program between Fed and KDF for lore reasons? If so might have to patch in the AFS prefix as an option.

Yes, the AFS is not available, it will be cool to have..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Also, important to know, is the fleet version assessible for the KDF-aligned too or is it just the zen store version???
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Except it was hinted at in the blog post. The post said KDF gets a kdf ship summoned when they use the console.

Kael said he couldn’t explain the meaning in his live stream, but you will figure it out What that means on Friday.

It’s obviously intentional. And it means likely Fed may someday get Kdf ships to expand Kdf ship marketability.

Claiming it may be “bugged” is just to deflect blame if they get criticized—because the implication is all ships will be cross-faction.

The “Beta Test” will give them the “metric data” to confirm cross-faction ships make more money than faction-locked ships.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    It’s obviously intentional.

To me it is not obvious, and appears genuinely unintentional. Consider that the fleet version for KDF and KDF-aligned does not exist anywhere at all (I personally checked), I fear it may never be made available to KDF. Consider a T6FX Titan/Luna, KDF wouldn't have access to neither stronger variants, and it would require an extra X token just for the base variant.

Sure, I've also heard hints and rumors about something with the two major factions in the near future, but I don't think this is it, especially not without some form of proper testing, and glitches already exist like the Fed/aligned fleet version hidden in the regular T6 tab. This isn't also the first C-Store release bug: the Kara had something similar on release date (it was free), quickly patched and corrected.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Good points.

I also doubt they will fix the fleet store issue—or argue it was because of the bug, or Kdf can’t have stolen fleet ships.

The goal isn’t parity Or balance anyway—just the illusion of it.

I still an not too interested in the ship. I am holding out for the legendary D-7 to be flown on my Fed-aligned Klingon captain...

Hopefully someday he can land on Qu’nos too! (T-T)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Does it come as just the Luna without customizations or does it have the full kit of parts for the related classes (I am mostly interested in the Sol class)?
    Does it come as just the Luna without customizations or does it have the full kit of parts for the related classes (I am mostly interested in the Sol class)?

It's fully customizable, if there's a special Fleet skin then it doesn't have that but it has all the other parts.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

It's fully customizable, if there's a special Fleet skin then it doesn't have that but it has all the other parts.

Very cool :) thank you for the information.
    If you change the name it will lose the USS prefix, but gain the IKS prefix. Also loses the NCC registry prefix. If you have the Kobayashi Maru/Klingon freighter, it also gains the KCS prefix.

Honestly they should give it the same prefix options as the Khitomer now. Just tie it to the Khitomer Alliance fully. AFS prefix and whatever the registry prefix is.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I'm certainly glad about this. I've been waiting for a ship to come along that I can actually spend my ship tokens on so it was a no-brainer. Finding room on my rosters for it and the ones from the multi-pack, on the other hand...
    I'm certainly glad about this. I've been waiting for a ship to come along that I can actually spend my ship tokens on so it was a no-brainer. Finding room on my rosters for it and the ones from the multi-pack, on the other hand...

Ah... the never ending battle for ship slots. B)
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Ah... the never ending battle for ship slots. B)
    Just as I think I've got a handle on it (mastering the MU dreadnought), suddenly 5 new ships (4 in the last 24 hours) come along. Buyable account-wide ship slots would be very useful right about now.
This discussion has been closed.