test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Bundle Second Chance?

glennthefoomanglennthefooman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I am a life Premium member of Star Trek Online and have spent a lot of time and money on this game. However, over the past couple of years I have been unable to play over issues that have arisen due to compatibility issues between the game's improving graphics and my old computer. I am now coming into a position where I can get a new computer by the end of the month (due to being on the isolation/high risk list for Covid and having to work from home) and one of the main things I want to do is get back into Star Trek Online. I have started looking back into the game to see what I need to catch up on when I came upon the ad that is still on the launch page for the 10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Bundle. Unfortunately I have just missed purchasing these items. I want to know if the developers might consider giving the players a second chance at purchasing this bundle for those of us who might have missed it. I am more than happy to pay the full price for these items to have a second chance at them. Just offering the standard bundle again at full price would make me happy. I know that items get offered again from time to time and I am hoping that these can be among those.

I did request an exception from support to allow me to purchase the bundle due to my circumstances, but was politely denied. They cited that customer support has no control over availability of bundles or game decisions, so I am hoping this question will reach someone who can consider offering the bundle again.

Thank you so much for considering this.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Answers

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I doubt they'd go through all the trouble to put that bundle together only to shoot themselves in the foot by never putting it up for sale again. Like promo pack sales, I'm sure that it will be back again at some point. Not as often but I highly doubt that it was a one time thing.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • glennthefoomanglennthefooman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I hope that is the case. It would be nice to bring them back sooner than later.

It would be one thing if it was just a bundle of ships already offered and you could get them separately. But these have different stats, new skins, are rare or are only offered in different forms in lockboxes. I would love to have them so they will definitely be making money off me.

Either way, I can't wait to get back into the game full time. I have been able to limp (lagging more like it... followed by a crash) in a couple of times. The fleets my toons were in are gone or they kicked me out for inactivity. The story has left me behind and I know other upgrades and changes have been made. I think the last thing I went through was the Temporal cold war story, maybe a little after.

Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    They'll bring it back. There's also some talk of potentially offering the ships individually at some point down the road too. Something I would welcome because not everyone can afford the entire bundle, but might be able to shell out for one or two at a time more easily. In the long run IMO individual availability means more money in Cryptic's pocket for content development. While its not one spike like with the full bundle, it makes them more accessable to others, thus increasing profits.

Note that I am not an economist, and this is just my personal opinion.
    But I would STILL love to be able to get my hands on those ships over time since I can't afford to dump that much in one go. And grinding out that much Zen... would probably take the better part of the YEAR. Doable, but taxing at times.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • glennthefoomanglennthefooman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Thanks for your comment.

Actually, I like your idea of bringing them out in small groups instead of one large bundle. Better for us to spread it out and better for Cryptic to make more money from us over an extended period of time.

You are right, not everyone can afford that kind of expenditure, especially with the economic situation right now. Seems they would be missing an opportunity by not bringing them back out once the Covid issue is over and the economy improves.

Thanks again.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Maybe bring them out in various packs. Such as

The Kirk Bundle: TOS Conny and Kelvin Conny
    The Legendary Discovery Bundle: Crossfield and DiscoPrize
    The Legedary Next Generation Bundle: Soverign and Galaxy
    The Delta/Gamma Bundle: Defiant and Voyager
    The Alpha and the Omega Bundle: NX and Oddessy

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Agreed. Maybe singles or smaller packs would be more manageable for a lot of folks, as far as those ships go. I would not be averse to getting them like that, but a full pack like that is just too rich for my blood.
    Maybe bring them out in various packs. Such as

The Kirk Bundle: TOS Conny and Kelvin Conny
    The Legendary Discovery Bundle: Crossfield and DiscoPrize
    The Legedary Next Generation Bundle: Soverign and Galaxy
    The Delta/Gamma Bundle: Defiant and Voyager
    The Alpha and the Omega Bundle: NX and Oddessy

I could get behind that.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • phillyflyers777phillyflyers777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I really hope they bring them back as well I came back a week so and was ready to buy it and then noticed the date when thought the pack was still on website. Please bring back soon :):)
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I would also support singular releases so I could get that warship voyager.
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Each of the Expansion / Mega pack bundles got split up over time. -- The Legendary ship bundle marks the 10th Anniversary, I've not seen it stated it was exclusive to the Anniversary event period, itself?

The bundle itself is great value for new, emerging and returning players. -- but if anyone was wondering which bundle is a must have? There is only one, apart from the LTS. Which could only be contested by a Sovvy bundle they've avoided doing like the plague, lol! (.. foror good reason, I'm j/k).

Star Trek is centered on the continuing human adventure in outer space. Until the shows establish something else? I don't expect other factions to be more than optional. -- Even so, if you wanted to be canonical? Then you would choose one lineage of variants and thats all you would use for each Captain.

Maybe they should make a "Canon mode"?
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I wasn't around for the Legacy or Romulus pack but the Delta Pack, Temporal Agent Pack and Gamma Pack never required you to buy the entire pack. They were not split up over time.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Actually, even the LoR pack had ships as individual release. Just about all ship packs have. The main issue is that for the most part if you only bought one ship out of the pack, it would lock you OUT of getting the pack. You were forced to buy them all individually. More recently they have experimented with adaptive pricing based on if you bought a single ship out of a pack, meaning you'd get a discount on the pack based on the number of ships out of it you already have. I believe it was the Temporal Warship bundle they tried this with?

Anyways...
    nrobbiec wrote: »

I had my eyes on a couple of those Connies myself. Actually considered flying the TOS one on my TOS Sci for a bit too. Although that Legendary Crossfield trait would make my Megawell Crossfield even more fun. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sunsunkunsunsunkun Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    It will return to PC this year? Or just gone forever?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    sunsunkun wrote: »
    It will return to PC this year? Or just gone forever?

Nothing has been announced, but I would expect it to be available again either during the Anniversary, or whenever the expected Klingon Legendary Bundle is released if that isn't during the Anniversary.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Possibly on Black Friday
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    > @rattler2 said:
    > There's also some talk of potentially offering the ships individually at some point down the road too.

What? ... where? Is this a thing or just wishful thinking? Please tell me. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Actually, even the LoR pack had ships as individual release. Just about all ship packs have. The main issue is that for the most part if you only bought one ship out of the pack, it would lock you OUT of getting the pack. You were forced to buy them all individually. More recently they have experimented with adaptive pricing based on if you bought a single ship out of a pack, meaning you'd get a discount on the pack based on the number of ships out of it you already have. I believe it was the Temporal Warship bundle they tried this with?

Anyways...
    nrobbiec wrote: »

I had my eyes on a couple of those Connies myself. Actually considered flying the TOS one on my TOS Sci for a bit too. Although that Legendary Crossfield trait would make my Megawell Crossfield even more fun. :D

22Q.gif
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    Waiting for it!
    +1 here!
  • mechman#6073 mechman Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I am waiting for it as well. Not going to spend my Zen until it comes back out
    Well since the pack appeared in 13 February 2020, and the 10th Anniversary was in 2020, its make sense in the end of 2020 the pack will be reintroduce for last time, since this is a BIG MILESTONE for STO and including whole MMORPG Industry, besides the COVID make a mess this year, that a reason i lost this pack and whole events em 2020, and a believe there's many in the same situation.
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    I have missed this twice already, was hoping it appeared this Black friday.....still i chance i take it to actually appear on friday.
    ^^I now have 19200 zen sitting saved up from the last time i missed it, but if it does not appear on Friday i am just going to forget it completly and grab a few cross faction mega bundles......at this point i am done waiting. lol
    Well i suppose waiting until xmas to see if it appear won't break the bank. ha
    ^^I now have 19200 zen sitting saved up from the last time i missed it, but if it does not appear on Friday i am just going to forget it completly and grab a few cross faction mega bundles......at this point i am done waiting. lol

Nah. Wait until the Christmas timeframe first. Another round of sales tends to happen around that time. But if it doesn't go on sale by then, it's a good bet it won't be coming back. At least not in the mega-bundle form. Maybe in smaller legendary bundles.

I would wait until the 2021 anniversary, I still think that's the most likely time for it to come back.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I would wait until the 2021 anniversary, I still think that's the most likely time for it to come back.

I agree with this, hell it might even be so that Cryptic has no plans to bring the pack back outside of the anniversity.

Nah. Wait until the Christmas timeframe first. Another round of sales tends to happen around that time. But if it doesn't go on sale by then, it's a good bet it won't be coming back. At least not in the mega-bundle form. Maybe in smaller legendary bundles.

I would wait until the 2021 anniversary, I still think that's the most likely time for it to come back.

Dont make sense to release same pack for 11st, since previous owner of 10th pack will not buy it again, or they re-release for the last time the 10th pack in 2020, or its gone forever. And i doubt they will release such massive pack for 11st anniversary.

Dont make sense to release same pack for 11st, since previous owner of 10th pack will not buy it again, or they re-release for the last time the 10th pack in 2020, or its gone forever. And i doubt they will release such massive pack for 11st anniversary.

It makes perfect sense to make it a recurring Anniversary item, and there's a very high probability that a Klingon Legendary Bundle will be coming during the anniversary as well. Back when it first came out Kael said it would be coming back periodically so it's definitely not gone forever.
    eaY7Xxu.png

It makes perfect sense to make it a recurring Anniversary item, and there's a very high probability that a Klingon Legendary Bundle will be coming during the anniversary as well. Back when it first came out Kael said it would be coming back periodically so it's definitely not gone forever.

Sure make sense to you, but NOT to everyone already bought the pack, if they bought again, they will get nothing, what the sense of this? Throw loyal previous customers into trash can? And if was the Klingon Legendary Bundle, this is a different pack, but like i said, this 10th Anniversary pack, was a special pack due to the huge milestone in the game industry by STO, that the reason of the massive pack, and very unlikely to be new one of this kind in 11th Anniversary.
This discussion has been closed.