test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Exchange is to High at 453

Comments

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Now since cryptic has plans of fixing the economy in game. I'm going to sit back, eat popcorn, and watch fellow players find a way around it.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    monodoso wrote: »
    Now since cryptic has plans of fixing the economy in game. I'm going to sit back, eat popcorn, and watch fellow players find a way around it.

Closing off one farming method won't solve everything but it will help at least for awhile.

Eventually Cryptic might need to resort to an account cap on dil refinement but this delays that.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Already done. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User

No matter what many people seem to think, Cryptic cannot 'fix' the economy.

It's the players who decide what is sold at what price. Cryptic can, at best, try to influence their incentives. Emphasis on 'try', because it's not easy.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Reducing the amount of dilithium isn't going to do much on its own anyway. They'll also need to limit the incentive to buy Zen. Which means less income for them.

You don't limit that incentive by teasing the release of (and releasing) what will likely be a new promo or lobi ship anyway.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    If there is nothing to spend dillithium on nothing is going to change. As soon as there is a new ship, lockbox or promobox is coming out the zen exchange is going up near 500 again.

They need to find something where people want to spent dillithium on and phoenix boxes simply aren't enough. Another fleet holding would settle things down a bit but that is to much work for them and just taking dillithium out of the game will not do the trick. Specially if they constantly bringing out new ships instead of content because they want to make money.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    Dilithium Exchange is to High at 453 it really needs to go back down to 155-230 range LOL why did you all get it so high again?

Fully agree, WAAAAAY too high. Granted, this game isn't dead like NW or CO but they price the store stuff way too high, so having the Non-pay way to earn store currency ALSO being high, seems ridiculous. We all know Cryptic won't do anything about it but dang.... that's just too high for my broke space elf.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I really wish they would have capped max refined dilithium by account or something. The KDF and Ferengi admiralties were nice ways to make some dilithium on a tight schedule.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    the problem here stems from 2 issues. 1 everything that is available in game that people want is purchased with zen or ec because someone with zen got something and put it up for sale for ec. or people but keys with zen to get ec tobut what they want off the exchange. There is nothing in the game that requires people to need massive quantities of dil that makes the dil valuable. it used to be people needed dil to upgrade their gear but that that is no longer necessary because of pheonix upgrades that people have bought by the hundreds and upgrade weekends even reduce that need by even more/ the people that need dil in large quantities are because they are trying to level up a fleet. You want to make dil more valuable and the price on the exchange will go down. Introduce a few options have real value in the game, that will require a million dil or even half that that will make people want dil and the market price will adjust. Introduce a few consoles that are character bound but really decent consoles that people will want on their ships and all of a sunder people will want dil to get these consoles so that they can increase their stats in a significant way. Or introduce some battery or clickies that will increase their combat stats for a specfic time period like a buff that will increase your accuracy by 50 pts for 30-45 min {or +5% chit chance, or something significant) but that you can only with dil and are character bound. unlock 2 extra space or ground points that can alter your build and the value of dil will increase.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    currently ,1 open my wallet for 1 thing, I buy dil to upgrade my stuff with phoenix upgrades, and I don't spend a lot of money, 10,20 euros when there is the zen bonus. I don't buy ships because I have already a ton of ships and I don't buy a ship only for 1 trait or console (for me, just for me ok! others can do what they want, i don't care; it would be ridiculous), I have already almost all the costumes, i don't buy the other stuff (most of them are useless).
    In the past, I used to spend 100,200 euros each month, but this time is over, i don't want ships, I don't gamble anymore, I don't want to be a space rich, and I was disgusted by a promo box.

I have never exchanged dil for zen, because the exchange rate was too high, i hate the excessive grind and nothing was interesting to buy in the c-store. I know that a lot of players cry when something is bound to character, but for some small stuff like costumes, weapons pack, that could be interesting. Cryptic is too generous when it comes to costumes, weapons etc; I personally would buy a Seven's pack with the haircut, the clothes and the gun (of course if the prices were correct, not the mud market prices ), even if this pack was bound to 1 of my character. I would buy 2 or 3 packs. And I would exchanged my dil, if and only if, the exchange rate was fair.

Cryptic rely too much on the ships sales and their gamble boxes; when you don't need or want a ship, when you don't want to exchange your dil to buy keys or promo boxes and play at this awful gamble game, then you keep you dil.

btw, something funny about the phoenix box; I missed the sompek event, and the event for the prolonged engagement set (maybe sompek too) and I wanted some of these items. So, I begun to buy phoenix boxes with most of my toons who needed these gears. I bought each item each time with 1 token, until someone tells me, that once you bought 1 item, it is unlocked for all your chars. For me, there was no problem buying an item each time and as many times as necessary. well, I stopped spending my dil. Again, cryptic is too generous in this matter.

The costumes which were in the dil store should have been put in the phoenix box; at very rare and UR level and bound to character. I would tried to earn them, but like they are in the ferengi greedy store, no way!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Another fleet holding would settle things down a bit

The effect a new fleet holding has on the exchange rate is temporary, as soon as fleets start maxing it out the exchange rate goes right back up. If you want persistent change then there would need to be new things to spend dil on that are both highly desirable and endlessly repeatable.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User

The effect a new fleet holding has on the exchange rate is temporary, as soon as fleets start maxing it out the exchange rate goes right back up. If you want persistent change then there would need to be new things to spend dil on that are both highly desirable and endlessly repeatable.

How about a Armada Fleet Base to build that really takes a long time to get it done that might do the trick. (Hint)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That's 'Too' High.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

How about a Armada Fleet Base to build that really takes a long time to get it done that might do the trick. (Hint)

A "long time" is still finite. Something that can eventually be finished and over will never have a lasting effect, only a temporary one.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User

A "long time" is still finite. Something that can eventually be finished and over will never have a lasting effect, only a temporary one.

Yeah that is true but if it takes a year or 2, by then there is enough time to come out with something new. LOL new content is always a good thing.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2020

While I am fully in favor of the idea of regulating the exchange rate, I always have.. and still do strongly oppose the idea of putting that burden onto fleets. As explained before, a holding is a finite thing anyway, at some point it will max out and then that sink is gone.

The Phoenix Boxes are an example of a great Dilithium Sink. People always need them, most players change and adapt builds as they go and many play more then one character so upgrade kits are a constant need. People will continue to spend on these and that's the kind of thing that helps regulate the exchange.

Another good example is cosmetics. Cosmetic items are great in a game like this.. everyone wants to 'look cool' and Cosmetics are something people will spend on without breaking the game power wise. Cryptic kind of tried this, but they did a horrible job with massively overpricing the items.. something they are now taking steps to fix. I am hoping that more things like this come out to help lower that rate. Things like Dilithium exclusive hull patterns for ships, Vanity Shields, Deflector Effects, Uniforms, skins for your weapons and armor with a 'cosmetics' slot in your load out, non combat pets.. etc.

All those things would sell and drain Dilithium from the market without putting the burden on already overworked fleet leaders or breaking the game by 'selling power.'
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Yeah that is true but if it takes a year or 2, by then there is enough time to come out with something new. LOL new content is always a good thing.

Took about that for the original fleet starbase. So unless its BIGGER... no dice.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, in a strictly pure Dilitium to Zen to Keys to Lobi terms, those former Dilithium Outfits are actually more expensive than before.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Have we stopped to consider how much of the zen on the market isn't from people buying it. Instead it's the 500 free zen per month from LTS?

Getting 500 free zen is not stopping me from using the market. I leave the market well enough alone because I'm not into Exchange or EC markets. Cutting off the free Zen will not change my mind about 'contributing' to the market.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'm not 100% sure that I agree. There is a Fleet T5-U K'tinga with identical stats to what I listed and it's also much easier to get than a UR phoenix, yet it exists and doesn't seem to have any effect on lock box and promo D7's.

I fly the Fleet T-5 on one KDF toon and it is light years inferior to the T-6 from the Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century tier 6 ship. Other than appearance they are not even remotely comparable. Which is why the T-6 goes for a billion+ EC on the Exchange.

• trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    No matter what many people seem to think, Cryptic cannot 'fix' the economy.

Well, it depends on your definition of "fix" of course. Twice before Cryptic has removed an inflated/unwanted currency and replaced it with a new one. The conversion has had a diminishing return - i.e. the more of the old currency you had, the more you lost. An extremely unpopular move among Cryptic's customers but at the same time a cheap and quick solution for Cryptic that in practice resets the in-game economy. I'm actually surprised they haven't done it a third time by now.

---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • starmanj wrote: »
    Dilithium Exchange is to High at 453 it really needs to go back down to 155-230 range LOL why did you all get it so high again?

(sighs) I would try 25 Dilithium for 1 Zen. Given my present circumstances, I'm thinkin' 'bout doing just that.
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    This would never happen but they need to double the amount of Zen for what people pay, 5000 Zen for $50 is way over priced. it should be more a permanent 10000 Zen for $50. my opinion, but the lack of Zen on the market is the reason Dil Prices are so high.
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    @darkbladejk

Nerco Alert
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Who, the players? They're the ones that control the exchange rate...
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    How about a fleet reputation discount??, it requires a lot of dilithium and only last 15 days or a week, i dont know.. rotate with a fleet proyect discount, and so on.. you have to dump 500.000k for each discount and is not permanent...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    They would need an always-useful sink. Example they could had made T6X being in the dill shop for a high price. Obviously most people dont stop getting ships for multiple chars and they would like to get the most out of their ships. But then what? Cryptic loses an items in the c-store they can be selling about indefinitely so from their angle, I dont think they would do it.
  • gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The Dilithium Exchange blew up cause of the MF'ing TITAN!! they put it as a ZEN ship and everyone is scramb... no... SCAMbling to corner the market, buy $300 of Zen and sell it for a EASY 12,000,000,000 Dilithium when the ship goes live, really should be happy that the market is capped at 500 cause some idiots would charge 8000 Dilithium per 1 ZEN if it was capped, give it 2 months and the stuff will go way down, then a new lockbox ship and drive the prices way up, in fact to get better equipped by earning as much dilithium as possible now and wait until the market crashes and buy ZEN, wait until the ZEN sky rockets and sweep us 1.7 million easy for doing nothing, then buy more ZEN at the market crash and repeat, you will NEVER complain about the prices then
This discussion has been closed.