test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Way to Utilize 14 character slots for....

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Farming Dil? not sure how much tread I will get but, my debate is either Randoms or crush out Admiralty over time. Essentially I have 1 main, However I wanted to make the 8k Dil cap on all slots, I currently have 2 JH characters one and only one on KDF because KDF side are my least amount of ships. the other is a 60 Fed JH. So aside from making a bunch of characters and doing story after story, and patrols etc. Would it be best to place JH on the remainder of the slots and simply work on all 13 slots with them for Admiralty or doing the daily patrols and a few Randoms? My ideal situation though is pure missions without the patrols and Randoms, any ideas out there on how to tackle this? Thanks!!

Also I Apologize if this topic isn't really Kosher just wondering?

Edit: also my main aside from the 2 JH is a 65 Discovery character I recently boosted.
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Hmm that's interesting I had one of my fleet officers tell me another way that would be good with the JH. Basically just do the Randoms but on the harder setting for higher level yields of marks and Dil + Rep grind after T5. Have to understand though 14 total characters a Day is a TRIBBLE ton to get through. Basically all day long going to each of them. I can put in over 12 hours easy, 14 sure. so basically an hour on every character to reach 8k Dill.

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Just a word of advice, if all you do in the day is farming dill you will eventually burn out. It means initially you would admiralty, dutyofficer tasks on all each day at the absolute min. Just expand your roster naturally as you want to play more characters on different themes or make sure the activities you do for dill farming are fun for you
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Just a word of advice, if all you do in the day is farming dill you will eventually burn out. It means initially you would admiralty, dutyofficer tasks on all each day at the absolute min. Just expand your roster naturally as you want to play more characters on different themes or make sure the activities you do for dill farming are fun for you

That is very true. was hoping to make a routine of it but you could be very correct on the matter lol

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Sounds like a fast track to draining the enjoyment of the game out of yourself.

I find the topic a bit repulsive to discuss, but the multiboxing farms I've caught over the years(swarms of withdrawl-quivering JH huddled around temporal agents - you'll still always see atleast one desperately grasping onto the Risian Exchange console at any given moment; dozens of identical ships flashing in and out of the space around Argala, etc.) has lead me to the conclusion that it is the best way to abuse the system, as it were. I very much suspect it was done for the lobi rewards from the last meta-event campaign so people could make obscene amounts of EC on the exchange as well(consider that even 10 accounts selling a Tzen-Tar is more than enough to buy any promo ship on the market several times over). I'm not really surprised we haven't seen another campaign yet after what I witnessed play out on the exchange this last/post summer event.

I will say, the fastest way to get Dilithium is still to open up the wallet, especially these days when Zen in relatively short supply. Even just 1k zen(~$10) will get you almost half a million refined Dilithium. I suspect that's probably counter-productive to your goal though. (Do consider what I just said though, in reverse, if you're looking to start farming Dilithium for Zen.)

For alts, getting your reps to T5 will give you a substantial one-time influx of Dilithium(If you weren't farming, I'd recommend reserving it for fleet trait-slot upgrades). The Events are a great way to quickly build a surplus of Dilithium on a single character once you've gotten the main reward. If you're into opening lockboxes, you can spread out the Dilithium Claims and burn them on Dilithium bonus weekends when you have Dilithium pool bonuses (from Admiralty/Phoenix Tokens/etc.) to get a really sizeable chunk of ore at once; you can also pre-load the quest in advance to do two claims on the first day.

I wish I could still say the Dyson Battleground is a great source, but the zone is in an awful state these days due to power creep(level/mark increase and lockbox stuff). You could still run the dailies for a decent chunk('probably' a better time/dilithium ratio than patrols), but the V-Rex's aren't worth the trouble with how they insta-gib the moment they spawn now.
    edited November 2020
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Sounds like a fast track to draining the enjoyment of the game out of yourself.

I find the topic a bit repulsive to discuss, but the multiboxing farms I've caught over the years(swarms of withdrawl-quivering JH huddled around temporal agents - you'll still always see atleast one desperately grasping onto the Risian Exchange console at any given moment; dozens of identical ships flashing in and out of the space around Argala, etc.) has lead me to the conclusion that it is the best way to abuse the system, as it were. I very much suspect it was done for the lobi rewards from the last meta-event campaign so people could make obscene amounts of EC on the exchange as well(consider that even 10 accounts selling a Tzen-Tar is more than enough to buy any promo ship on the market several times over). I'm not really surprised we haven't seen another campaign yet after what I witnessed play out on the exchange this last/post summer event.

I will say, the fastest way to get Dilithium is still to open up the wallet, especially these days when Zen in relatively short supply. Even just 1k zen(~$10) will get you almost half a million refined Dilithium. I suspect that's probably counter-productive to your goal though. (Do consider what I just said though, in reverse, if you're looking to start farming Dilithium for Zen.)

For alts, getting your reps to T5 will give you a substantial one-time influx of Dilithium(If you weren't farming, I'd recommend reserving it for fleet trait-slot upgrades). The Events are a great way to quickly build a surplus of Dilithium on a single character once you've gotten the main reward. If you're into opening lockboxes, you can spread out the Dilithium Claims and burn them on Dilithium bonus weekends when you have Dilithium pool bonuses (from Admiralty/Phoenix Tokens/etc.) to get a really sizeable chunk of ore at once; you can also pre-load the quest in advance to do two claims on the first day.

I wish I could still say the Dyson Battleground is a great source, but the zone is in an awful state these days due to power creep(level/mark increase and lockbox stuff). You could still run the dailies for a decent chunk('probably' a better time/dilithium ratio than patrols), but the V-Rex's aren't worth the trouble with how they insta-gib the moment they spawn now.

yeah I can see this to be a very repulsive topic to discuss, however it kind of needs to happen in the sense that, considering the prices of Zen to Dil something kind of needs to be done there for 2 reasons. 1 its getting impossible just to get Zen for ships that I would like to one day attain without having to grind out 14 characters. Second reason is it causes a lot of people who want to enjoy the game without forking over next months rent, a problem that they almost have to do the 14 toon marathon to some extent.

Personally I rather not play that many characters I am perfectly fine with my main and my alt on KDF side. Also if I cannot find a decent reason to play my other SF JH I will probably most likely turf him. I just don't think I have the energy to run more than 2-5 toons ever. That being said though I do think something does need to get addressed so the MASS farming could be stopped and people can relax a bit and enjoy the game.

EDIT: here is the solution that will never happen. Cut the value of Zen in half, Because at its current price it is drastically out dated in Value, they can keep there prices but instead of it being 5000 Zen +/- $50 it should be 10000 Zen for that price. it would put a lot more in the Market of the Dilithium exchange and cause prices to drop across the board. But like i said that will never happen longer than 3days to a week. it should be a permanent cut to the costs.

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    If you realise ships, through packs, have becoming progressively more expensive I got big doubts if cryptic would raise the zen amount we get for what we pay. That said they got sometimes zen recharge bonus, so try to get advantage of it.

Finally if you managed to burnout yourself farming dill, what you acquired wont matter, cause you probably wont be playing. I seen people over the years burnout so bad they never returned to the game and even mentioning it to them ticks them off. I am talking for friends that used to grind 15+ chars mostly. Just find a balance between fun and grinding. Eventually if you play long enough you can get most things over time
This discussion has been closed.