test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Lockdown ?

2»

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    The Federation side got the same cutting and streamlining about a year or two ago, and it was even worse on the cutting, they eliminated several iconic and well-liked stuff such as the whole Spectres arc. So it is not like they are viciously chopping away Klingon content out of some sort of prejudice against it or whatever.
    Except the Spectres arc is still in the game and fully playable. I did it like a month ago.

Spectres is now a part of the 'galaxy at large' mission from Quinn at the end of the Klingon War arc. You can fly to Donatu after that and get hailed by Drake I believe.​​
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The Federation side got the same cutting and streamlining about a year or two ago, and it was even worse on the cutting, they eliminated several iconic and well-liked stuff such as the whole Spectres arc. So it is not like they are viciously chopping away Klingon content out of some sort of prejudice against it or whatever.
    Except the Spectres arc is still in the game and fully playable. I did it like a month ago.

Except that Spectres is shoved off to the side and no longer supports the AoY character story in the game at level 30 the way it was designed to so they are pretty much just a different start with very little or no content of their own past that starter. And the rewards don't even scale properly, at high levels the norm is purple quality mission rewards but you get the same blue quality stuff only at a higher level which makes it much more expensive to level the quality up since there are fewer opportunities between XII and XV than there is between the VII it would be for a captain doing it at the original point in the storyline and XV.

And it is not really fully functional, the move broke the McCoy bugfix and so at random times the scenario gets stuck there again, and sometimes it even silently fails to start. In fact, so much of the stuff they put in the "available" tab got messed up in the move that they almost might as well call it the "unavailable" tab.

For instance, they messed up the prerequisites on most of the stuff there, they were supposed to be cut and the only barrier was to be that jacked up level requirement, but some still invisibly and erratically persist. For instance, for many Fed captains Wasteland fails to start at all, and the Kobali battlezone stuff might as well not be in "available" at all since it never starts unless you have played the entire Delta expansion up to the point where it used to be before they moved it (and no, skipping to it does not work either, I tried that on two accounts, you have to have at least one character on your account actually play it all through).
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Okay folks I think this bears repeating. Cryptic has already defined what Year of Klingon means. Year of Klingon means we are getting a year long story focused on the Klingons. It also means we are getting revamps of older KDF content and some improvements over there. It is NOT now, nor has it ever been about the ships. Ships are just icing on the cake. This also does NOT mean there will be a dead stop to anything that isn't Klingon.

Like it or not, Trek has always been Fed centered and Fed focused. Klingons do get attention in the shows, but not to the degree the Feds do. There are also far more canon sources for Federation ships than there are Klingon ships. If Cryptic wants to create Klingon ships, they have to make them up largely after they've ran out of canon sources. Same thing goes for Romulans and everyone else. Until Trek itself decides to do a story focusing on Klingons to give us more Klingon content, it will always be Feds taking the lead.

I know folks don't want to hear that, but that's the truth of how things are at this time. I wouldn't mind seeing more KDF ships either, but for that to happen they either have to make it up at this point, or new canon sources have to be introduced. Cryptic again is also a business at the end of the day. If KDF ships don't sell that well, then they're not going to make as many KDF ships as they are federation. That's just basic business. Yeah it sucks if you like Klingon stuff, but it is what it is.

We are NOT getting revamps, we are getting cut content.

I was actualy hopeful till they butchered the assault on mars mission. All they did was cut the mission size to make it shorter, less detailed and less enjoyable.

YoK is TRIBBLE quite frankly. It's not year of the klingon, it's just a new storyline that involves klingons.

What they did with the mission involving Mars was basically cut out two missions that were involved with the Federation and cut it down into one that made more sense.

And no, its not just about getting content cut. They HAVE did revamps to a lot of the Klingon stuff already. New character models, cleaned up player , new cutscenes, new maps for the tutorial, Empire and Warzone portions of the Klingon story, cleaned up Qo'noS slightly, and overhauled the major canon starship models for the Klingons. The Fek'lhri Return is the LAST arc they have plans on revamping for the Klingon storyline.
    I imagine they are keeping the announcement of a Klingon bundle with 10 legendary ships for the 11th anniversary of the game in January ... it is the most logical date to make this announcement in the "year" of the Klingons

Its been said that if such a thing was done, it would be AFTER everything is over with the Year of Klingon. Last I checked, the year of Klingon was said to be 12 months, maybe more.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Except that Spectres is shoved off to the side and no longer supports the AoY character story in the game at level 30 the way it was designed to

When exactly did you start playing STO? I ask because that is NOT what Spectres was designed for, it was released LONG before AoY was even a thing. Infact if I remember correctly I believe it was even released before the game went F2P.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    “Spectres” [show]
    Respond to summons from Intelligence and report to the neutral station at the Drozana.
    Welcome to the command track.

Mission cannot be replayed.

Release Date: May 21, 2013
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    If Legendary ships for the Klingon ships weren't going to be made they would have never updated visuals for those specific ships. So its clear the Legendary Ships were made months and months ago its just that the way to work around the whole Federation is majority issue is to put the Legendary ships from all factions that are not the federation into one big pack. The most important thing though before you release a Legendary D7 and have every color known to the color spectrum of different kinds of D7's its VERY IMPORTANT that you squeeze that D7 FOR EVERYTHING ITS WORTH and then make sure none of the blood gets on the transporter pad. They are gonna sell that too in place of a tribble for another vanity item. Okay guys we got some of chang's blood here yeah start the bidding at 1 trillion bars of gold pressed latinum. Yes its been confirmed this is real chang's blood.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    If Legendary ships for the Klingon ships weren't going to be made they would have never updated visuals for those specific ships. So its clear the Legendary Ships were made months and months ago its just that the way to work around the whole Federation is majority issue is to put the Legendary ships from all factions that are not the federation into one big pack. The most important thing though before you release a Legendary D7 and have every color known to the color spectrum of different kinds of D7's its VERY IMPORTANT that you squeeze that D7 FOR EVERYTHING ITS WORTH and then make sure none of the blood gets on the transporter pad. They are gonna sell that too in place of a tribble for another vanity item. Okay guys we got some of chang's blood here yeah start the bidding at 1 trillion bars of gold pressed latinum. Yes its been confirmed this is real chang's blood.

A Vorcha, B'rel and D7 pack makes sense
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    and Negvar
    Spock.jpg

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    and Negvar

Negh'var being one of the most newbie friendly ships could also fit on a level boost pack if made legendary. I love B'rel the most(recently made Fleet B'rel to T6X) but it needs a good sense of urgency and awareness as it is a squishy ship and due to its bonus it should be almost always shooting enemies in the rear
    edited November 2020
    Except that Spectres is shoved off to the side and no longer supports the AoY character story in the game at level 30 the way it was designed to

When exactly did you start playing STO? I ask because that is NOT what Spectres was designed for, it was released LONG before AoY was even a thing. Infact if I remember correctly I believe it was even released before the game went F2P.

I first tried STO a day or two after the AoY recruitment ended (my luck just seems to run that way) so I didn't know Spectres predated AoY and it was such a natural fit I didn't look it up (yes, my bad).

I was doing a college project on Machinima and thought to use the Foundry as one of the video comparisons but once I got in it was obvious it would take too long to learn the system well enough to produce material for the presentation so I just talked about it as one of the ones available (I ended up just using Second Life and Champions Online for the clips).

As for the game itself, I liked the ground part but the WASD control of ship movement was a serious turnoff and the two-button-down mouse analog steering was not in any of the tutorial material (I discovered that by accident when I came back to the game when my Steam group decided to go to it for while, and I stayed after they got bored and left). I was too busy to do much gaming of any kind at that point and STO just kind of fell off my radar until the Steam group briefly trotted through it in February 2018.

The thing is, even though it turns out Spectres and AoY were not actually related Spectres did make the best touchstone for AoY characters in the game after they arrived in 2410. Not only did it have the most focus on a TOS setting in the main part of the game, it had very useful TOS gear like the upgradable blue (aka Andorian) ship phasers and a complete set of upgradable TOS ground weapons.

The Yesterday's War arc barely had any recognizable TOS material at all besides the Romulan uniforms and personal weapons with the setting being rather generic (and yes, the T'liss but they are era agnostic), and rewarded only ground gear useful for TOS characters (in The Core of the Matter) so without Spectres there is no source of appropriate space weapons in early-midgame without being in a fairly advanced fleet and having a rank high enough to buy them from K-13.
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    The problem is, name one legacy Klingon ship they could use.

Star Trek has always followed the Federation, as such there are hardly any important Klingon ships we see, the only ones I could think of that are connected to legacy characters is the B’rel and Negh’var what’s the point of making only 2 legendary ships when you have Klingon ships already in the game that can be just as good as the legendary ships if you have the right build?

Star Trek has always followed the Federation, as such there are hardly any important Klingon ships we see, the only ones I could think of that are connected to legacy characters is the B’rel and Negh’var what’s the point of making only 2 legendary ships when you have Klingon ships already in the game that can be just as good as the legendary ships if you have the right build?

They could do a legendary D7 because all three of the famous Klingon captains from TOS that appeared in DS9 flew them, and had TOS gone on for another season the plans were to have Enterprise and Gr'oth competing in the Organian neutral zone and sort of split the time between them in parellel storylines. Of course, there is already a few top tier D7s out already so the same things applies as with the B’rel and Negh’var.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited November 2020

What's the point of making 1 legendary ship when you have Federation ship already in game that can be just as good as the legendary ship if you have the right build?
    Yes, I'm talking about the single legendary bundles they've produced so far, but if that's what you wanna go for, the Anniversary bundle is just more of the same: if the ships already in game are just as good as the legendary ones, why make legendary ships at all?

Truth is, we know perfectly well that a Legendary Klingon bundle will likely be way smaller - and cost probably way higher, relatively speaking - than the Federation one, but do not use that as justification to leave an entire faction high and dry. Again.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User

What's the point of making 1 legendary ship when you have Federation ship already in game that can be just as good as the legendary ship if you have the right build?
    Yes, I'm talking about the single legendary bundles they've produced so far, but if that's what you wanna go for, the Anniversary bundle is just more of the same: if the ships already in game are just as good as the legendary ones, why make legendary ships at all?

Truth is, we know perfectly well that a Legendary Klingon bundle will likely be way smaller - and cost probably way higher, relatively speaking - than the Federation one, but do not use that as justification to leave an entire faction high and dry. Again.

If we ever get one at all. Yet another fed ship being released and nothing for KDF. We have had ONE ship this whole year.

If we ever get one at all. Yet another fed ship being released and nothing for KDF. We have had ONE ship this whole year.

It is only been a little over three months or so since YotK started though so there is still time. Also, in the streams they said something about the huge legendary package pretty much killed the ship budget for they year. And you can see that with the ship Romulans got as a science carrier this time, which was obviously something else they flipped around backwards, changed a few minor details, and called "Romulan" (the style if look at it from the top is familiar, and not Romulan, but I cant quite put my finger on what it is exactly).
    edited November 2020

It is only been a little over three months or so since YotK started though so there is still time. Also, in the streams they said something about the huge legendary package pretty much killed the ship budget for they year. And you can see that with the ship Romulans got as a science carrier this time, which was obviously something else they flipped around backwards, changed a few minor details, and called "Romulan" (the style if look at it from the top is familiar, and not Romulan, but I cant quite put my finger on what it is exactly).

There's always an excuse, isn't there?
    And still, even with a budget almost at its limit, what do they do? Oh yes, release Federation ship upon Federation ship.
    I'm happy for those that love the Luna - same as for everyone else that got T6 variants of their favourite ship(s) - but this is just another kick in the gut.

And it's not been a little over three months, it's been longer than that: YoK was announced on April 29th, House Divided was announced on June 10 and launched on June 30. Even taking into account just House Divided, that's almost six months since its launch.
    And those six months, what have we got? Some reskins, some new voice acting works, episodes being mushed togethere in a butchered version of what was playable before that and a storyline that smashes the Empire to pieces for the sake of smashing it to pieces.
    On top of that, the episodes that will be released during the Anniversary will be controversial and TRIBBLE off people, which means that it's just gonna get *worse*.

If they do end up not releasing a Legendary Klingon pack, or if they make it exceptionally small and for an absurd price - we've seen it, they can and are more than willing to charge an outrageous amount of money for filler content - they'd better just close down the faction and be done with it.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    Hey, I like where new storyline is headed as it seems we get to kill J'mpok and replace him with someone more capable
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Martok as Chancellor - though I'm afraid it won't happen, and I'll be very glad to discover I'm wrong on this one - but not like this. Even less so because of J'ula.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Our mistake was in thinking that something called Year of the Klingon would see Cryptic finally focus on that faction, not to the exclusion of other content of course; but actually see them focus more of their efforts towards perceived Klingon-centric shortcomings within their game. As it stands, not so much .... at least thus far?

However the tidal wave of expensive bundles that favor Starfleet almost blew that notion aside all by itself. I mean they seem to be coming about three a month, give or take. And it is particularly egregious seeing the forum trolls immediately hop onto their tired bandwagon of overexplantion to justify this ridiculous scenario? KDF players are justified in asking why the disparity in legendary ships was allowed to exist in the first place?

If the best that can be proffered is, "it is what it is" then go back to the stone age and start over, with better material!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    How about some positive conversation on this topic. Since it's fairly clear a Klingon Legendary Bundle will be coming either with the anniversary or the end of YoK, what does everyone think will be in it? My guesses:

1) Prime Miracle Worker D7 (unused Enterprise D4 skin?
    2) JJ Intel D7
    3) Disco Temporal D7
    4) BoP with pilot maneuvers (Enterprise era skin?)
    5) Temporal or Intel Raptor
    6) Command Bortasqu
    7) Miracle Worker Negh'var
    8) Command Vor'cha
    9)
    10)

Most of the specs I went with are intended to mirror the Federation bundle. I've left 9 and 10 blank for now because I can't think of anything that would fit for science ships. Usually that would be something Gorn related, but none of those would really qualify for the 'Legendary' title. Carriers, while initially restricted to Klingons when the game came out, also lack 'Legendary' examples.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    How about some positive conversation on this topic. Since it's fairly clear a Klingon Legendary Bundle will be coming either with the anniversary or the end of YoK, what does everyone think will be in it? My guesses:

1) Prime Miracle Worker D7 (unused Enterprise D4 skin?
    2) JJ Intel D7
    3) Disco Temporal D7
    4) BoP with pilot maneuvers (Enterprise era skin?)
    5) Temporal or Intel Raptor
    6) Command Bortasqu
    7) Miracle Worker Negh'var
    8) Command Vor'cha
    9)
    10)

Most of the specs I went with are intended to mirror the Federation bundle. I've left 9 and 10 blank for now because I can't think of anything that would fit for science ships. Usually that would be something Gorn related, but none of those would really qualify for the 'Legendary' title. Carriers, while initially restricted to Klingons when the game came out, also lack 'Legendary' examples.

Cant exclude the Sarcophagus, which is a flagship, unique(there is no other similar ship), its T'kuvmas ship and as old as the empire itself holding a lot of history for the Klingons. Its a too important part of them
This discussion has been closed.