test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Titan is here!(and its C-store)

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is a System in-game now that makes Starship Traits from C-Store Ships that are exclusive to one Faction be made availible to the other Faction to claim via the Dilitium Store Special Tab for free once unlocked. These are the normal Tier V Starship Traits and not the Tier VI, which are automatically given to all Characters on the Account once Unlocked.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Anyone else find it strange that the trait description says that “ Klingon characters will summon a Bort'asqu” but the ship is locked to feds? How would a Klingon acquire this trait?

Also, a little disappointed that all the BoFF stations are locked with no universals. Still, it’s definitely cool looking.. as always the ship artists killed it.

Yes unless they announce tomorrow or in a couple days a KDF counterpart. If I recall on the support carrier pack they were like announcing one per day/second day till they announced all and they started with the catbus

A K'vort KDF counterpart would be sweet. KDF needs a sci heavy cruiser. and no, there does not have to be a rom and Jem ship too, since they can go both red and blue
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    She also can be loaded with an advanced subspace communication device, allowing you to summon the aid of your faction's flagship at a moment's notice.
    Is this referring to the trait? Strange that they call it a "device".

Also, I notice that it has 4 fore and 3 aft weapons. Is one of those weapon slots disabled while in sci mode? If not, this would be the first non-dread sci ship to get 7 weapons (only others I can think of are the Annorax and Son'a Dread).
  • lordkerdochlordkerdoch Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Oh look...another feddie bear ship. This is becoming a bad joke.

What? You don't like those sleak klingon lines? You don't expect that our klingon chars will be able to equip it now that we're all one big happy alliance? It's not a new fancy alliannnnnnnnnnnnce ship? Surely, klingon's will be able to equip it during the year of klingnone, right?

• mzanitakmzanitak Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Oh look...another feddie bear ship. This is becoming a bad joke.

Yes it is. Soon the CDF will be out.
    Post edited by mzanitak on
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    She also can be loaded with an advanced subspace communication device, allowing you to summon the aid of your faction's flagship at a moment's notice.
    Is this referring to the trait? Strange that they call it a "device".

Also, I notice that it has 4 fore and 3 aft weapons. Is one of those weapon slots disabled while in sci mode? If not, this would be the first non-dread sci ship to get 7 weapons (only others I can think of are the Annorax and Son'a Dread).

There is the Cardassian Intel Dread apart from the 2 you mentioned:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Cardassian_Damar_Intel_Science_Dreadnought
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Tbh, I think my only real gripe with the ship overall is that its got a Command spec seat. I think I would have preferred Pilot, or maybe even Miracle Worker, but enh. C'est la vie.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Tbh, I think my only real gripe with the ship overall is that its got a Command spec seat. I think I would have preferred Pilot, or maybe even Miracle Worker, but enh. C'est la vie.

Command sits do have their uses for people going for a torp build

edited November 2020
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

Command sits do have their uses for people going for a torp build

That's not wrong, but frankly, Command and Intel are incredibly oversaturated as Spec Seats go. Like to the point where it's just kinda boring, to me. Plus, the tight maneuvers the Titan pulled off in LDS (and Riker's own experiences in piloting starships) I thought would have made Pilot a more plausible choice.
    Like I know it was probably intensely discussed what Spec to make it, but it feels like such a cop-out. Plus, that barrage console would've combo'd great with Lock Trajectory, Pattern Lambda, and a Torp Spread.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    interesting that it has the subsystem targeting and secdef, but when you "go tactical" they become disabled
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    reyan01 wrote: »

Actually have to confess that I'm pleased it didn't get Miracle Worker as I'm praying that the Nova might get it (if they ever get around to actually doing anything with the Nova.... )

Yeah, tbh, I would have preferred Pilot than Miracle Worker.
    interesting that it has the subsystem targeting and secdef, but when you "go tactical" they become disabled

Uh, yeah, this is not a new feature for Science Destroyers. The trade-off is they get a boost to their weapons power, usually.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Thank you thank you thank you Cryptic! I was fearing the worst with how this would be made available, and I was pleasantly surprised beyond finding out it's a regularly available T6! I was NOT expecting it to get the science destroyer treatment! o_o

Hopefully Klingons get something at least as good next!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Thumbs up from me.

I was expecting it to be a promo ship because.. greed. However, a Science Destroyer with modes; a command seat; breathing life back into the old Luna chassis; being put into the Zen store as a 'standard' release(not bundled with garbage as an excuse to raise the price); ..It's a pleasant and refreshing surprise. I might pick it up just on principle.

Ship itself looks like a fun platform to strap aux cannons to with ETM for a hybrid torpboat with GW and Concentrate Firepower. I'm curious about the damage type(s) of the console, and if the trait summons are as potent as the flagship backup you sometimes get from Romulan Patrols.

Edit: Also, I'm a little surprised so few people know that there is a cross-faction redemption system for 'one-sided' ships in the dilithium store. Most of the early Delta Rising Ships(Dauntless, Qib, etc.) are supported like this.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    breathing life back into the old Luna chassis

Not to mention giving it a MUCH needed facelift. I thought the old model did Tourangeau's work a great injustice. (I think he said so himself at one point, too, ages ago.)
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/807809709

Some news from the Livestream:
    Confirmed that it has an Experimental weapon slot, and that the Commander Sci and Lt. Commander Tac swap ranks.
    Kael said that it didn't come with a special Experimental Weapon.
    Tactical mode makes the blue dome thing turn red when active.

Oddly, Kael can't talk about the Trait's Bortasqu' summon for KDF for some reason, mentioning that it's something coming next year, 2021... So, it's not the usual Dil store reclaim thing.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/807809709

Some news from the Livestream:
    Confirmed that it has an Experimental weapon slot, and that the Commander Sci and Lt. Commander Tac swap ranks.
    Kael said that it didn't come with a special Experimental Weapon.
    Tactical mode makes the blue dome thing turn red when active.

Oddly, Kael can't talk about the Trait's Bortasqu' summon for KDF for some reason, mentioning that it's something coming next year, 2021... So, it's not the usual Dil store reclaim thing.
    No special experimental weapon, missing info in the blog, mention of a KDF version of the trait that isn't actually available with the ship yet despite having 2 systems for account-wide, multi-faction, traits (the T6 mastery and the account reclaim)...

Even with a simple, normal-priced, wanted ship in the C-Store, they still managed to botch things.

What a mess.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Science Destroyer? What? It destroys Math or something.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The visuals of the ship look really amazing and I thank everybody who gets it and flies it for enriching my STO experience.

For me it’s a pass as I don’t find anything on that ship that I need. Besides I still have too much other stuff in line Id like to play/pay for.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The visuals of the ship look really amazing and I thank everybody who gets it and flies it for enriching my STO experience.

For me it’s a pass as I don’t find anything on that ship that I need. Besides I still have too much other stuff in line Id like to play/pay for.

Same here, nice ship.. but nothing I really want or need. Still, some people love this ship and I am happy to see them get the ship they want.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > (Quote)
    > Maybe Cryptic finally got the OK from CBS to allow Feds and KDF to share ships? That, and/or they found a way to bring down the code barrier so that Feds/KDF can directly team up, and thus are doing that to celebrate it?

Huh-wha? Kael said the anniversary would be controversial, but a Fed-KDF alliance might actually be a good move for Cryptic. If the end of the Klingon civil war was one final joint-service, it is only better for STO ship sales.

Klingon ships don’t sell because they are Klingon...but because the Fed has better options available. All kinds of alien ships are selling left and right in this game—but thedisparity has pushed the game blue....

But just imagine if you could sell a KDF legendary ship to every player in the game!

it might be a happy New year for PWI after all..

The controversy will be that the Klingons will lose their identity, if the Freddie bears get all our ships...A we will never make Qronos great—but It really is a shrewd business move...

and perhaps it will “controversially” benefit the KDF—-at least we will finally have parity and, hopefully, a BOP with stronger hull plating.

Despite the sales, the forum will revolt. It doesn’t bother me so much as long as I get that BOP...
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

For me sadly it is the opposite.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Kek, another fed-ship. I don't give a ship. It's like some kind of Cryptic's kdf trolling XD
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @volticua said:
    > Kek, another fed-ship. I don't give a ship. It's like some kind of Cryptic's kdf trolling XD

Only people who didn't pay attention what 'year of Klingon' actually means. Hint: It doesn't mean KDF exclusive development. It doesn't even explicitly mean new ships. It meant revamping the story and give character models a overhaul.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    > @reyan01 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Same, although I find myself in a slightly difficult position; I want science ships to sell well as it might contribute toward disproving the idea that science ships don't sell, and with that in mind I kinda feel like I should buy it. On the otherhand, whilst I don't hate it or anything, I've never particuarly liked the Luna class and its appearance on Lower Decks didn't really do anything for me.
    >
    > And I'll confess that I'm a little bitter that it 'jumped the queue' (for lack of a better term) thanks to that appearance - I do understand why Cryptic would want to 'cash in' on that but I still don't have to like it.

Well I can only speak on performance and under current meta, sci ships perform extremely well in ISE and HSE. Think my current record in hive was set on a sci ship.

Problem with the ship we have here is that it is, again, a hybrid between sci and tac. There are not many (if any) ways around to make such a hybrid work Even closely as good as either a pure Tac or sci focused ship.

I hope if they ever give us the nova, they give us a real sci ship and don’t waste it on another hybrid attempt. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    This is a missed opportunity to give a 2-4 way ship pack of transformers for every faction, like the old Dyson ships. I for one would have bought that. I'll eventually get the Titan, but without a multi faction pack its low priority.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I remember making a thread years ago suggesting the setup for a T6 Titan class, I suggested full command spec though, also for a science destroyer it is kind of lacking in the boff setup, they could've at least made the science/command ltcom slot universal/command instead.
This discussion has been closed.