test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Ok, it's look good,
    but for now my Zen is reserved for other things...
    Edit:
    Yes, maybe on Christmas - it's just the thing for a gift
    ... or maybe wait some time to see if we get any bundle with it later,
    Like with that T1-T3 (or was it T1-T4?) Walker.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    You mean we get to fly the mother-(bleeping) Titan?

....cool. =^^=
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Honestly speaking, wasn't expecting this to get a normal release. Definitely think it'll be my STO Christmas gift to myself.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    I only see another Enterprise.

Pakled joke apart, it looks beautiful, but the stats look like some info is missing. So science mode gets the usual science abilities package and tactical mode gets... a slightly different clicky for its console and that's it? No experimental weapon, no different station, no change in power levels?

And how does the console work on other ships? Does it use the science configuration or the tactical one? Does it depend on the ship class?

Also not showing the updated look of the normal Luna-class is a serious miss.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Ok, this is really cool.

The ship looks nice and it's great to see some of the older ships get some much needed attention.
    The 4-3 weapon layout adds to it with not many science-heavy C-store ships having that.

I'm not sure yet whether I'll buy it. I've got a lot of science ships and many ships in general that I hardly if ever use. But this ship looks sweet nevertheless.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    So with the starship trait: It's Another Enterprise the only way I can think of the Bortas'que being summoned is if you have bought the Klingon character for Fed or am I wrong???

Cryptic's previous hybrid-switching ships I've always felt were watered-down too much & seemed more gimmick than useful function so I'll await some reviews. That being said, & especially based-off of Lower Decks, I can see this easily as a Sci-Destroyer.

The console, while no innovations, sounds like a good compliment towards this ship's theme.

The design looks pretty good from the given angles for both regular & fleet version. Which, I'm always undecided upon whether I like Zen Store ships releasing at fleet tier or not, but given the recent X upgrade now it just seems like nickel & diming to get the best version, if one wants that & Reputation offers some free/earnable fleet-ship-modules.

Still no Klingon themed ship release which is a bummer, but I'm happy for the Titan's appearance. I'm also glad Cryptic hasn't forgot about their Zen Store, besides those Support Carriers, compared to the gambling & "rich-whale" bundles. I'm surprised there's still been no Cerritos, 3-pack or something, in STO.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Love it!, c-store... damn... i cannot say no... wish for other factions equivalence, the ship staff do ther job prety well... anyway.. i want it.. NOW!! :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, I still have those two Free T6 Coupons but this won't be eligible for their use until next Thanksgiving. I still have one 50% off Coupon, might use that on this.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, I still have those two Free T6 Coupons but this won't be eligible for their use until next Thanksgiving. I still have one 50% off Coupon, might use that on this.

Yes, me too!!, long time since i don't finde something to use the 50% one..
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    This has got to be the sloppiest stats blog ever, with the criticisms already mentioned.

Also not even a KDF, Rom, or Jem counterpart. Just straight up here's the very first account-wide T6 transformer ship, Fed/aligned only.

Already no longer a fan of sci/destroyer transformer ships. Their only role I believe is to run them as Tac ships, in Sci mode, with secondary science taking advantage of Sci ship mastery, secondary deflector, and sensor analysis. Subsystem targeting has no point as it shares cooldown with weapon power buffs. As Sci ships ignoring Tac mode, it's too many Tac stations.

Sci ships run best with high shield and max aux, and relevant sci or defensive setup. Conventional weapons will always require full weapon power and are misplaced as it will split the ship's focus in half while also crippling defenses.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Anyone else find it strange that the trait description says that “ Klingon characters will summon a Bort'asqu” but the ship is locked to feds? How would a Klingon acquire this trait?

Also, a little disappointed that all the BoFF stations are locked with no universals. Still, it’s definitely cool looking.. as always the ship artists killed it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • zepheris#4678 zepheris Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    If they do a re-skin for the T5's like they did with the Nebula class i'll be happy.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Some old Fed and KDF only traits ended up in the Dilithium Store, IIRC, where you could get them for free for your "other-faction" character. Some did end up in lockboxes.

Last time someone mentioned certain traits not being available cross-faction, Borticus said they should look into that again. Maybe they did and there will be something to unlock it faction-wide now?

It will almost certainly not summon a Bortasque on a Klingon Fed character. The Bortasque is not the Federation's flagship, and that KLingon would be Federation member.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Anyone else find it strange that the trait description says that “ Klingon characters will summon a Bort'asqu” but the ship is locked to feds? How would a Klingon acquire this trait?

Also, a little disappointed that all the BoFF stations are locked with no universals. Still, it’s definitely cool looking.. as always the ship artists killed it.

Yes unless they announce tomorrow or in a couple days a KDF counterpart. If I recall on the support carrier pack they were like announcing one per day/second day till they announced all and they started with the catbus
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

Yes unless they announce tomorrow or in a couple days a KDF counterpart. If I recall on the support carrier pack they were like announcing one per day/second day till they announced all and they started with the catbus
    IIRC, they didn't announce them in blogs with detailed stats one by one, but as sneak peak videos and a much earlier concept art first before detailing all 4 in one blog.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I like the idea of the transformable science destroyer, one of my favorite T5s is the Arkif and I always wanted to get one of the one of the Romulan Dyson science destroyers.

The announcement page itself could be better though, not only does it look like there are errors, there is a lot of important information left out, such as is the ship uncustomizable as way too many have been lately (some don't even have "window" or standard bridge options, and a few didn't even have changeable paint schemes or materials options) or does it come with the kitbash parts to make it related models like the Sol-class.

The trend toward "take it or leave it" ship looks is extremely disappointing because space Barbie really is the end game and that one size fits none nonsense puts a big damper on that.
    edited November 2020
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

IIRC, they didn't announce them in blogs with detailed stats one by one, but as sneak peak videos and a much earlier concept art first before detailing all 4 in one blog.

Well, if they did a 4 pack, then they just killed my wallet...
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Not surprised its a Science 'Destroyer' since we didn't see it do anything even remotely science-ish in its first canon appearance.

I find it weird that a comedy cartoon which satirizes the Star Trek tv shows and movies is canon, but one episode's appearance (and even then it appeared in the climax of the episode) doesn't give us much of a chance to see what it can do. I understand that there'll be more shown in at least the opening episode for next season/series, so time will tell. I know the books are 'beta' canon, but I wonder how much from those books will be shown in the next episode.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    If they do a re-skin for the T5's like they did with the Nebula class i'll be happy.

Well...
    Image of the remastered Luna class
    ldcm56g081061.png

Looks like they did.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited November 2020

Once you unlock the Trait, you'll have to go into the Dilithium Store's Account Starship Trait Unlocks at the bottom of the list for the other characters..
    edited November 2020
    I'm really happy the Titan T6 is going to be a C-Store ship, the way most ships that are in 'modern' Trek these days seems to be relegated to lockboxes and promo-packs.
  • captennik1captennik1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Happy that Titan is finally a T6 but that bridge layout must be a joke, in comparison with every other ship out there there are no Universal sitting and very forced to be one think or the other also the Lt. Engineer is of no help at all. I get that you want it to be heavy in science and tactical but the ensign tactical does more harm then good at least make him a universal that or make the Lt.Cmdr Science/command to Universal. I would personally make both to Universal slot to help build diversity on the ship, it's not going to be overpower with any of those option anyway.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Hell, it's about time.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I would say either a system is coming in the future that will enable Klingon characters to get the trait somehow, or they are future-proofing it incase they decide add such a feature at a later date.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11480803

Well that's one more ship to cross off the list of lacking a T6 version.

Now we can have some more KDF ships......

• nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Flaming/trolling redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.