test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ships of the Scrapyard - Nova Bindle!

13»

Comments

• gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The idea that they are rare & should be tied to a lockbox is horse TRIBBLE, in Star Trek, how many constitutions was used? Their was only 2 Federation types of ships in TOS, the Daedalus and the Constitution, MAYBE a single Starbase (because the production was limited) they are using this as (oh no, if EVERYONE had the iconic ship than no one would spend money, quick, STOP THEM!)

Again they offer the NX for 500 ZEN, I own, the TOS for 500 ZEN, I own, the TNG, VOY and DS9, (in fact I learned to appreciate the show more by flying those ships)

when I build a character I put a little bit of the Captains into my choices, think how would they respond. Now I have a Discovery and tried to get into Burnham's head but I can't figure it out, I have a Borg character and realize how difficult how it would be thousands of voices echoing, the NX era where my captain has to present the best intentions, the TNG era where it is about following morality not orders, DS9 era where I place faith in my choices, VOY era ECT..

But sadly after Discovery I have not cared to explore any more ships after that, instead I would rather fly a T1 at 65 to my death 100 times until the respawn counter says 15 minutes

How am I supposed to connect with those times if literally they restrict it to "money over fun" if they was T5 version I wouldn't complain, if every ship had a T5 version at least (those things like a Miranda class has a T6)

In closing without exploring those hero ships easily they are dooming themselves (same with Star Wars- I wish to explore a female twi'lek, developing a French accent, exploring freedom from enforced slavery, and growing as a Jedi *like Aayla Secura*) cause without putting on another's shoes, I can't understand the path they walked
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Maybe I am a bit pessimistic but I suspect they let you "starved" for your favorite ship so they can later either add it in a promo box or a single ship bundle at decently high price without getting much complaints, since...you will be all just happy its just being added at last
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,270 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Maybe I am a bit pessimistic but I suspect they let you "starved" for your favorite ship so they can later either add it in a promo box or a single ship bundle at decently high price without getting much complaints, since...you will be all just happy its just being added at last

I don't think they'd put a ship like the Nova in a prize box. So far as they're concerned players want other things, implying that there isn't enough player desire for the Nova class to do anything with it.
    I think it goes hand in hand with implying science ships do not sell. What I learnt mmos for 2 decades is often companies will say "things" to justify decisions. To take it to more detail they could set up polls through client letting only accounts that have ever spent in the game(to prevent people making dummy accounts) to vote on things like these
    edited November 2020
    I think it goes hand in hand with implying science ships do not sell. What I learnt mmos for 2 decades is often companies will say "things" to justify decisions. To take it to more detail they could set up polls through client letting only accounts that have ever spent in the game(to prevent people making dummy accounts) to vote on things like these

The problem is they're not 'listening' to polls, comments or opinions on the forum/Social media/Livestreams etc; nothing said via ANY of those platforms has made a blind bit of difference over the past six years. Both Kael and Thomas have outright said that they're aware the Nova class is wanted; sadly it seems that said awareness/acknowledgement takes a back seat to The Powers That Be chosing to only acknowledge metrics - metrics which tell them that players are more interested in other stuff.

I could comment on how ridiculous this scenario is in this particuar case, but I'm really not in the mood to defend my opinion against those who like to present arguments to the contrary.
    reyan01 wrote: »

The problem is they're not 'listening' to polls, comments or opinions on the forum/Social media/Livestreams etc; nothing said via ANY of those platforms has made a blind bit of difference over the past six years. Both Kael and Thomas have outright said that they're aware the Nova class is wanted; sadly it seems that said awareness/acknowledgement takes a back seat to The Powers That Be chosing to only acknowledge metrics - metrics which tell them that players are more interested in other stuff.

I could comment on how ridiculous this scenario is in this particuar case, but I'm really not in the mood to defend my opinion against those who like to present arguments to the contrary.

Yes I understand what you mean, metrics can sometimes be used as a good way to deceive. I will take another of their claims as example. They had been claiming no one buys ship bridges but their bridges on sale are 1. Too old and there has been enough time for anyone interested to already buy it so when they dont release new do they expect people to re-buy the old ones? 2. They are horribly bugged most of the time, with boffs not appearing, npcs buried in the floor or standing on their chairs making them a bad product to buy

And of course they cite metrics, like in your ship's case
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 3,556 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    To take it to more detail they could set up polls through client letting only accounts that have ever spent in the game(to prevent people making dummy accounts) to vote on things like these
    That would be a horrible way to vote, and not accurately represent the playerbase as a whole.

I actually agree with Som here (I do not always), F2P players need to be represented along with lifetime and the grandfathered monthly players who still exist. Such a poll would be biased and miss the free-to-play segment of the player population.

As for those who want the Nova, make it so Cryptic.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I actually agree with Som here (I do not always), F2P players need to be represented along with lifetime and the grandfathered monthly players who still exist. Such a poll would be biased and miss the free-to-play segment of the player population.
    >
    > As for those who want the Nova, make it so Cryptic.

Let's go over this, in polls they offer a limited thing like "only accounts over 3 weeks old can vote in the poll that's open for 3 months" it means most dummy accounts would be restricted *like how I felt about the Risa ship, it's ugly like a space cockroach but a with great trait* I voted for anything else but that ship, I really didn't like it and voted on a ship I thought looked slight Bajoran, same with Fek'ihri ships or Breen, those Christmas ships are ugly. I would be happy if the event let us get a universal token (Lobi ship, ZEN ship, Phoenix ship) for our account, this seems like a better idea than hard work designing a ship that others might not like, I have a lot of ships I want like the NX, the Somerville, or Bajoran Interceptor
    edited November 2020
    Well, as per this thread on Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/sto/comments/jka9qr/rhode_island_skin/ and here on these forums
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1258586/rhode-island-skin

It would seem that some of the skins for the Nova class no longer work.
    edited November 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »

Yes I understand what you mean, metrics can sometimes be used as a good way to deceive. I will take another of their claims as example. They had been claiming no one buys ship bridges but their bridges on sale are 1. Too old and there has been enough time for anyone interested to already buy it so when they dont release new do they expect people to re-buy the old ones? 2. They are horribly bugged most of the time, with boffs not appearing, npcs buried in the floor or standing on their chairs making them a bad product to buy

And of course they cite metrics, like in your ship's case

Yeah - sadly, details like that don't matter. I was hesitant to express my opinion on this, as am tired of defending said opinion where this matter is concerned.... nonetheless:

My opinion is that their logic is terrible. Granted, this was never actually said or implied by Cryptic but nonetheless, their statement that "players are more interested in other things" is, in this case, presumably, based on the fact that no-one buys the Nova class anymore. Nevermind the fact that:
    - the T2 Nova is far from attractive since it doesn't scale
    - the T5 Nova is unattractive as it doesn't scale, isn't T6, and has a rubbish ship model that dates back to the game's Beta.
    - same as above applies to the Fleet T5 Nova - with the addition that it costs four fleet modules; evidence (i.e almost no-one uses a Nova class) suggests that most players probably don't consider that to be good 'value for money'.

So yeah, of course "players are more interested in other things"; the Nova is a all but forgotten relic that no-one has any reason to buy. So they don't. And therefore Cryptic's metrics tell them "players are more interested in other stuff".

And literally NOTHING anyone says regarding this here, on Facebook, on Twitter, on Reddit or during the Livestreams has made a blind bit of difference for the past Six + years. We're a vocal minority - what players ask for doesn't matter to a Dev team that very much seems to worship at the alter of Metrics.
    Yes and T5s also got the upgrade token to make them more expensive.(same reason less and less start to use the catfish on KDF side when it was a common sight 2+ years back) Speaking of they can read metrics in 2 ways - if no one buys a ship and not so many buy the class(science) of the ship means they also failed on making them attractive and should correct it but they go the opposite way of "not worth the effort". Isnt the foundry a similar case? instead improving it they went again "not worth our effort" path. Still I think they arent stupid and will release that ship eventually but they may try to take advantage of people wanting so badly and overprice it. I expect at best a 6k zen pack and at worst being a promo ship. Yes normally ships that arent desirable do not make it to the promo box but the problem here, is I think they know its desirable and they are making excuses to stall it and get the most leverage
    edited November 2020
    Yes and T5s also got the upgrade token to make them more expensive.(same reason less and less start to use the catfish on KDF side when it was a common sight 2+ years back) Speaking of they can read metrics in 2 ways - if no one buys a ship and not so many buy the class(science) of the ship means they also failed on making them attractive and should correct it but they go the opposite way of "not worth the effort". Isnt the foundry a similar case? instead improving it they went again "not worth our effort" path. Still I think they arent stupid and will release that ship eventually but they may try to take advantage of people wanting so badly and overprice it. I expect at best a 6k zen pack and at worst being a promo ship. Yes normally ships that arent desirable do not make it to the promo box but the problem here, is I think they know its desirable and they are making excuses to stall it and get the most leverage

Eventually is a word THEY use too frequently. I hate it! Definition, as per the dictionary:
    - Eventually: after a long time, especially after many problems or setbacks"
    -or "at some later time after a series of events
    Doesn't exactly inspire hope, does it.

The sad thing is, the best hope that those of us who've been asking for this for six+ years have is that the class appears in one of the series - which seems unlikely.
    [img][/img]muMy3TI.png