What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phoneix Box Idea!

daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
Can 2 ultra rare tokens please give us one epic token XD
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    People have been asking for a way to convert up since we have a means to convert down.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Idea!
    And not a good one either.

First, TPTB have already determine what drop rates for top prizes should be. This idea essentially gives everyone a top prize, so then they couldn't do it anymore.

Second, you went from two third place prizes right up to a first prize. If anything like this ever happened, you would only increase one level, not two levels, and the cost would be more than just two of the lower prizes.

"Can I please use two dollars worth of food stamps to buy this iPhone?" is pretty much the same type of request.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    To start with VR is the 3rd highest quality, you have UR in between. If they did a coversion up it would had been only as failsafe for unlucky people so you could expect 20 VR into UR and 10 UR into an Epic for example
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    5 of one gives next higher Token.

However, with T6X Tokens finding their way into the Phoenix Store on a random basis, they'd probably never allow up changes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Doubt this would ever happen; they seem content to leave the UR and Epic tokens being as rare as rocking horse excrement.

Agreed and lets not forget they toss Epic tokens on some expensive packs so probably they dont want us have any easier way to get them in order to maintain value
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    Ah well it was a fools hope anyway
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I think it's a good idea.

Ultra rare tokens are pretty much useless outside the events when you can buy X-upgrade tokens with them.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    More importantly though, they need to stop adding everything to expensive stores and put more recent event rewards into the Phoenix store again.

There's not much point in making certain tokens more easily available if nothing new is added to the store itself.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    More importantly though, they need to stop adding everything to expensive stores and put more recent event rewards into the Phoenix store again.

There's not much point in making certain tokens more easily available if nothing new is added to the store itself.

It is the gambling mechanic. If better stuff are added to Phoneix Store, such as the DOMINO console, any that missed the Bajoran Inerceptor will flock to get it since it is the best console in the game rn, if not among the best. But to make the gambling process more "legal" they added tech upgrades lobi etc, so no matter what you open you always get something, which legalizes and eases the disappointment of opening boxes
    I think it's a good idea.

Ultra rare tokens are pretty much useless outside the events when you can buy X-upgrade tokens with them.

My best bet is that everyone who has UR or Epic tokens is saving them for next T6X appearance so its far from useless for one simple fact - apart from buying space, the T6X is the next most useful item in the game(items - ships arent items to clarify). They used to be of low use, before the T6X. Let me put this way, almost everyone wants T6X on their most important ships on every alt that matters(isnt a dill farmer)
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Agreed with what Corinthalas says: Cryptic is missing the point of making money off the DilEx. They probably look at it as a loss leader - a way to get free players to grind longer to build Dil to buy Zen.

They should be looking at it as a way to sell Zen if Dil demand was high. Players would buy Zen to exchange for Dil if and only if there are things they want to buy that cost Dil and they want it now, rather than taking weeks to grind the Dil for it.

If you could exchange 5 or 6 Phoenix tokens for the next higher up, it would drive a lot of Phoenix sales. Yes, gambling on low percentages can drive sales as well, but Cryptic has pretty much mined out the Phoenix gamblers by now. An Epic would still cost you 25-30 VRs, which still requires opening a lot of Phoenix boxes.

5 Tokens is perhaps too low, it makes an Epic token worth about 1,600 Zen (at 400 Dil/Zen). 6 Tokens per upgrade puts an Epic Token at roughly 2,400 Zen (at 400 per). Which is high for a single-character unlock of some not very great prizes, but at least in the range that it would drive some more Phoenix sales and Dil consumption.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I would support going up, but it really needs to be a ridiculous amount, like 20:1 upconvert
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.