test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We need a Vote Kick system. And a join ongoing mission system.

You load up and join a TFO, it's gonna require your other 4 teammates to actually be not bots of afkers, and you are stuck because one or two of them are. You cannot progress the TFO.

One of the two non bots leaves as, what's the point in waiting around for a botter/afker to move to the spot so you can progress? Now its just the 4 of you. By some miracle of Kahless, one of the botters comes back and leaves the group, and the other afker comes back and moves forward to the spot so you can progress. Now its 3 vs the Borg Queen, except one is a useless afker and promptly dies and remains dead. Its gonna be a long fight unless you are min maxed to the nines.

Alternatively, its the prison TFO, you have 1 botter and 1 afker. The Botter doesn't park next to Gamma but does manage to click High Yield torpedo every now and again. So, essentially useless for defending gamma. But still better than the one guy who doesn't even manage to move from where they warped in.

On your second time recapping Gamma and then Beta, one of the 2 other players wakes up and notices that you are 2 players down and you progress. Only you wont stop all the transports, and you have no chance of stopping the stations from dying. Tough luck, here's a consolation prize.

Sound familiar?

Its about damn time STO got with the times and allowed us to Vote-Kick people from TFO's. STO is the only MMO I can even think of that doesn't have this most basic of features.
Alongside it, another basic feature that is lacking, the ability for people who are queuing to join a TFO which is already in progress (IE Replacements).

For Kahless' sake, get with the time and let us Vote-Kick and get replacements.

Also please repair the "Report to GM" function, it is not working today.

Comments

• section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    It only sucks when you need more than 2 people to complete the mission. Me and one of my fleetmates did Vega by ourselves. We even completed the Voth ship by ourselves. All I can tell you is keep grinding and make your toon capable of soloing the TFO. It can be done in less than 6mos. I do agree about the participation trophies for afkers. To be fair there are tons of server issues. So if a player gets reported for back to back afks THAT player needs to be removed from joining TFO's for a one week period. Second offense 30 days. Third time one year. That will put a stop to the afkers. The only way to avoid a penalty is to show it was Cryptic's fault. (Good luck with that)
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    They're already a number of fleets that do nothing but systematically harass other players... Or find a way to bully or troll other players in general...

I myself have been physically stalked in the game, and getting help about it wasn't possible before it really blew insanely out of proportions.

So I can see this getting abused beyond limit.

I know it's rough when you team up with noobs, for the lack of a better term... But it's better to just bite the penalty and leave if it's that bad.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    This has been discussed many times since as far as 2010 and the answer has always been NO. Simply put it would be abused by players ganging up just for fun.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    This has been discussed many times since as far as 2010 and the answer has always been NO. Simply put it would be abused by players ganging up just for fun.

Also as for the report function.It is currently disabled due to pandemic, so no repair needed.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    No, no, no. As already mentioned, a kick system is not desirable because of the frequent abuse that will happen, and I can confirm that from my own experience. I'm not going to mention names of fleets and players now, not only for privacy reasons but also because of personal conversations with mods, but there was a time when I was constantly reported for so-called being off during tfo's while from logs (during conversations with supermods) that this was definitely not true. It always came from players who were represented in the tfo with three or four of the same fleet or armada and who only wanted to play it in their own way among each other and as the fifth player you wouldn't be able to do anything about that if this system was introduced. This can also happen if there are enough players who have something against you because you don't share their opinion or if you report that their style of play is not pleasant to you. It is simply a fact that the abuse of a kick system will be abused. It is hard enough that a new player will end up in a tfo with four higher dps players and who can hardly do anything, players who have a high dps would better choose to play on elite than players who just come into the game or players who choose to build their ships as an all-rounder.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)