test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary Discovery Captain Bundle your thoughts?

12346»

Comments

• ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I bought it, the new skin for the ship is pretty nice but in all honesty the price at 6000 zen over priced. Watch it go on sale black Friday for 4500 zen now I pulled the trigger :)
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    I know many didn't like this deal, but I had the zen on hand and thought it sounded fine. I went ahead and bought this morning. However nothing dropped into my inventory. I checked the store under the bundles tab and saw it has "purchased" but nothing to claim. Also, for this new character I thought I'd skipped the tutorial, but the mission tracker still showed some (Tutorial) tasks. Unfortunately I had to leave for work before I could investigate further. I assume when I get back, the ship will be available in the Tier 6 ships list, but...does anyone know when I do get the tutorial tasks cleared, where I can find the LVL 65 bundle?

I think someone had same problem and mentioned they found it in the items tab
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I bought it, the new skin for the ship is pretty nice but in all honesty the price at 6000 zen over priced. Watch it go on sale black Friday for 4500 zen now I pulled the trigger :)

Cryptic used to have their deepst discounts on Black Friday, I think was -30%, but they rarely if ever do that anymore. Cryptic usually will have -20% & then say something to the effect, but it covers everything so be happy," & if we're lucky maybe a -25%. I think this bundle is overpriced myself, but if you bought it I hope you enjoy it's contents!!!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User

Cryptic used to have their deepst discounts on Black Friday, I think was -30%, but they rarely if ever do that anymore. Cryptic usually will have -20% & then say something to the effect, but it covers everything so be happy," & if we're lucky maybe a -25%. I think this bundle is overpriced myself, but if you bought it I hope you enjoy it's contents!!!

They've also done a 50% discount once too and I believe it was on a Black friday.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    westx211 wrote: »

They've also done a 50% discount once too and I believe it was on a Black friday.

I remember their lobi being -50% that once then a long while back Cryptic would have their expansions at -50% every once in awhile but they've seemed to ceased that. I don't remember or must've missed most of the "regular" items/services being at -50%.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Black Friday is usually 25% off with a 15-25% Zen Charge Bonus. They do go as high as 50% on some bundle packs.

They have changed things up a few times this year though, so I honestly have no idea what they'll do for Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Black Friday is usually 25% off with a 15-25% Zen Charge Bonus. They do go as high as 50% on some bundle packs.
    >
    > They have changed things up a few times this year though, so I honestly have no idea what they'll do for Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year.

Do you think they rerun the last mudd pack with the temporal ships?

I think I made a mistake not getting this when I had the chance. :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Black Friday is usually 25% off with a 15-25% Zen Charge Bonus. They do go as high as 50% on some bundle packs.
    >
    > They have changed things up a few times this year though, so I honestly have no idea what they'll do for Black Friday/Cyber Monday this year.

That was 1 of the few Mudd offerings I was interested in & thought wasn't as terrible of a deal by Cryptic. I just didn't have a character(s) that would've been designated to use 1-3 of the ships at the time (Amarie & the 2 Temporals). I'm of the opinion if your not choosing the 3 ships then your hurting yourself, & I'm not going to create new characters till Cryptic re-runs recruitment events so in a way Cryptic is saving me money. If I remember the initial price it was something like 30k zen but of course on sale & it was something like 12k zen. For your sake I hope they re-run it for you to snag the bundle!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    >

That was 1 of the few Mudd offerings I was interested in & thought wasn't as terrible of a deal by Cryptic. I just didn't have a character(s) that would've been designated to use 1-3 of the ships at the time (Amarie & the 2 Temporals). I'm of the opinion if your not choosing the 3 ships then your hurting yourself, & I'm not going to create new characters till Cryptic re-runs recruitment events so in a way Cryptic is saving me money. If I remember the initial price it was something like 30k zen but of course on sale & it was something like 12k zen. For your sake I hope they re-run it for you to snag the bundle!

Yo thanks mate^^ I can use all the crossing fingers for this that I can get.

I have two epg builds and a kinetic one. This pack would fit right in. :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • nevi1nevi1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I don't mind the new Pack but it's slightly over priced at 6K zen. 12K is a no go. The one thing I wish is they made the holographic bridge officers account wide and not just to one character. That is something they need to do.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Since the only thing in this pack of interest to me is the ship, I'd be more inclined to purchase this if the ship was on offer as a standalone purchase at the normal ship price, instead of as part of a bundle of things I don't particularly care about.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Since the only thing in this pack of interest to me is the ship, I'd be more inclined to purchase this if the ship was on offer as a standalone purchase at the normal ship price, instead of as part of a bundle of things I don't particularly care about.

Same goes for me. I have no interest in creating a Discovery toon, at least not until the KDF Discovery characters are available. I would definitely buy the ship if it was a standalone account-wide purchase.
This discussion has been closed.